ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 02-10-2011, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeW-RRE View Post
If you are going in for warranty, change up your screen names and residence and dealer info on any online posts. It is not beyone MMSA to cross check social media to see what kind of mods, racing and abuse your car might have had if they are looking at eating an expensive transmission.

The walls have ears!

Mike W
Thanks for the heads up!
Old 02-11-2011, 10:28 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to wwralliart77

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleKitchen View Post
I bought it brand new with 7 miles on it 8 months ago. It currently has 12,000.
Maybe they didn't add more fluid when they "fixed" it last time.

Yeah I guess. I don't know. Thinking about it more, it makes me uneasy knowing I have a car with a $10,000 transmission in it that has taken a shit stock and with light mods from a bunch of different people and a company that tries harder to void your warranty than honor it supposedly.
True that! Seems like a clutch upgrade of some kind is inevitable if you want to make more power with less issues. I really think Mitsu should just recall all the tc-sst's and get this issue resolved. The trans being the first of its kind still has a lot of kinks that need sorting. It's just too many issues for little gain. Like you said the tranny costs too much to replace/fix, if it ever took a major dump on anyone the most likely outcome would be to get rid of the car. Mitsu should give us all free tranny upgrades regardless of the mods!
Old 03-04-2011, 02:12 AM

Just to update everyone. HB Mitsubishi wouldn't even touch my transmission because they think Ontario Mitsubishi screwed something up after fixing the leak (over/under filling the tranny fluid) and they dont want to bite the cost of the fluid and if anything got screwed up. So now I have to go back to Ontario and go through that mess all over again.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:03 PM

Default 2010 Ralliart with SST Transmission Problems

Ok so a little bit about my car then the problems...

My name is Oliver and i bought this Beautiful 2010 Rotor Glow Ralliart in July of last year, it had about 32,### miles. NO MODS/TUNE (FULLY STOCK)
photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 5.JPG

Now the list and date of when these problems occured.

September:
Problem: I felt the gears slipping and then I got a transmission service required sign.
Bell Mitsubishi in Rahway Diagnosis: leak in transmission container
Bell Mitsubishi in Rahway Resoultion: replace transmission fluid container and refill fluid.

December:
Problem: I felt the gears slipping again and then for some reason the car didn't want to shift out of 2nd gear. It was in normal mode, automatic. Unfortunatly I didnt record the incident so when i went to them, they wanted to charge me for the diagnostic, i argued and then left.

January:
Problem: This was the second time the card didn't want to shift out of second so i pulled over and recorded this and then I got a transmission service required sign. So i went to the dealer
Bell Mitsubishi in Rahway Diagnosis: ECU LEFT CODE STATING IT NEEDED TO BE REFLASHED.
Bell Mitsubishi in Rahway Resoultion: REFLASH ECU

June:
Problem: Car didnt want to move in Drive, Reverse, Normal, Sport, Auto/Trip, NOTHING until i turned it off and took it to them
Bell Mitsubishi in Rahway Diagnosis: ECU CODE FOR CHECK WIRES
Bell Mitsubishi in Rahway Resoultion: THEY CHECKED THE WIRES AND SAID NEXT TIME IT HAPPENS WE WILL CALL MITSUBISHI BECAUSE THE CODE WAS DIFFERENT FROM LAST TIME, WE NEED MORE INFORATION.

SO AFTER A FEW MONTHS OF TROUBLE, I FINALLY DECIDED TO CALL MITSUBISHI AND THEY GOT ME A CASE MANAGER TO HANDLE THIS ISSUE, SHE WASN'T REALLY HELPFUL. SHE SAID IF IT HAPPENS AGAIN CALL ME DIRECTLY AND SHE WILL CALL THE DEALER TO SEE WHAT TO DO... SO I AM WAITING TILL IT HAPPENS AGAIN AND IF THEY DON'T FIX THE PROBLEM I WILL BE CONTACTING THE NCDS, IF YOU HAVE THE SAME ISSUE HIT ME UP...

BY THE WAY I HAVE THE VIDEOS, AND I WILL BE POSTING THEM UP IN A FEW.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:53 AM

Welcome to the forum.

Please ease up on the use of CAPS though, as it is a little hard on the eyes.

Just to clarify a few things, was the transmission leaking from the area around the filter, or in another location?

As well, when you said 'ECU LEFT CODE STATING IT NEEDED TO BE REFLASHED', were you given the code # generated? Also was it the ECU, or TCU (transmission control unit) that needed reflashing?

Aside from that, have you changed the fluid and filter yet? If not, I would strongly advise doing so, and document everything!

2009-2010 Ralliarts have higher incidents of transmission issues than later models, so be sure to stay on top of the maintenance schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010RalliartSST View Post
Ok so a little bit about my car then the problems...

My name is Oliver and i bought this Beautiful 2010 Rotor Glow Ralliart in July of last year, it had about 32,### miles. NO MODS/TUNE (FULLY STOCK)
Attachment 1691

Attachment 1692

Attachment 1693

Attachment 1694

Attachment 1695

Now the list and date of when these problems occured.

September:
Problem: I felt the gears slipping and then I got a transmission service required sign.
Bell Mitsubishi in Rahway Diagnosis: leak in transmission container
Bell Mitsubishi in Rahway Resoultion: replace transmission fluid container and refill fluid.

December:
Problem: I felt the gears slipping again and then for some reason the car didn't want to shift out of 2nd gear. It was in normal mode, automatic. Unfortunatly I didnt record the incident so when i went to them, they wanted to charge me for the diagnostic, i argued and then left.

January:
Problem: This was the second time the card didn't want to shift out of second so i pulled over and recorded this and then I got a transmission service required sign. So i went to the dealer
Bell Mitsubishi in Rahway Diagnosis: ECU LEFT CODE STATING IT NEEDED TO BE REFLASHED.
Bell Mitsubishi in Rahway Resoultion: REFLASH ECU

June:
Problem: Car didnt want to move in Drive, Reverse, Normal, Sport, Auto/Trip, NOTHING until i turned it off and took it to them
Bell Mitsubishi in Rahway Diagnosis: ECU CODE FOR CHECK WIRES
Bell Mitsubishi in Rahway Resoultion: THEY CHECKED THE WIRES AND SAID NEXT TIME IT HAPPENS WE WILL CALL MITSUBISHI BECAUSE THE CODE WAS DIFFERENT FROM LAST TIME, WE NEED MORE INFORATION.

SO AFTER A FEW MONTHS OF TROUBLE, I FINALLY DECIDED TO CALL MITSUBISHI AND THEY GOT ME A CASE MANAGER TO HANDLE THIS ISSUE, SHE WASN'T REALLY HELPFUL. SHE SAID IF IT HAPPENS AGAIN CALL ME DIRECTLY AND SHE WILL CALL THE DEALER TO SEE WHAT TO DO... SO I AM WAITING TILL IT HAPPENS AGAIN AND IF THEY DON'T FIX THE PROBLEM I WILL BE CONTACTING THE NCDS, IF YOU HAVE THE SAME ISSUE HIT ME UP...

BY THE WAY I HAVE THE VIDEOS, AND I WILL BE POSTING THEM UP IN A FEW.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:45 PM

Default Sorry about the CAPS

Sorry about the CAPS, was a bit fired up...

So yea, they gave me all the codes and all were stored in the ECU... I will post the codes and videos (or links to the videos).

I have everything documented.

The fluid was changed and filter was check about 8,000mi ago, so they should still be in good condition.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:49 PM

If your warranty is intact and maintenance is up-to-date, the dealer should open a ticket with corporate engineering. At that point the dealer runs some tests on your car, most likely including the teach-in function, and the data logs are sent to corporate.

Fingers-crossed, in the end you will end up with a new clutches courtesy of Mitsubishi.