ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 09-11-2013, 08:31 PM

Default ECU Help(Tuning 2010 RA)

Hey folks, just looking for a bit of advice in regards to my ECU and trying to figure out why it reads locked when trying to tune it.

I've tried getting a buddy to tune it using a tactrix 2.0 w/Evoscan but whenever he tries a test read/write or just a read it comes back as the ecu is unreadable(Intentionally locked?). I've had the dealership write the ECU back to stock and we tried again, still nothing.

On a hunch I got a friend of mine to plug his Cobb AP (Evo-X model) in, and his AP can read boost, Fuel to Air ratios and a whole other bunch of goodies that my friends Tactrix cable couldn't. I haven't found any threads really relating to this situation and like I said previously, just looking for a little bit of help.

Also, the AP wasn't uninstalled from his EvoX and it was still able to read my ECU, which I didn't know it could do.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:51 AM

For the proper parameters to use for logging have a look at: http://www.goldenevo.com/

On the right side of the screen, select your model year.

For standalone data logging, download the file logfile.txt and place it in the root directory of the SD card in the Tactrix cable.

Logging boost is possible (PSIG = Boost).
Old 09-12-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailBrake View Post
For the proper parameters to use for logging have a look at: http://www.goldenevo.com/

On the right side of the screen, select your model year.

For standalone data logging, download the file logfile.txt and place it in the root directory of the SD card in the Tactrix cable.

Logging boost is possible (PSIG = Boost).
The problem is I can't tune the car When I try to tune it/read it using the Tactrix cable method it reads the ECU as locked, but when I try to read it using an already paired Cobb AP it reads fine. What I'm trying to find help with is anyone who has come across this situation before, and ideas as to how to solve it without just buying a new ECU. My apologies if I wasn't clear in the OP.

Last edited by Honstin; 09-12-2013 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Clarity
Old 09-12-2013, 01:30 PM

You do know that the AP marries to the ECU and locks it from other tuning methods, right? If the Cobb is reading your car, it might have married to it. Sounds like you should try to unmarry the Cobb to your car. If that doesn't work, got me.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
You do know that the AP marries to the ECU and locks it from other tuning methods, right? If the Cobb is reading your car, it might have married to it. Sounds like you should try to unmarry the Cobb to your car. If that doesn't work, got me.
Yes I do, we never installed the AP to the car is the thing, we just read from it. I have never owned an AP to try and tune it so the way I understood things from when I bought the car from the dealership was it had no tune(just OEM tune). Besides, he had never unmarried his AP from his car, should it have been able to read mine?
Old 09-13-2013, 05:00 AM

Sorry I misunderstood your query, as your problem is more than enabling functions in Tactrix logging.

As mentioned, a tune by whomever/whatever may have locked the ecu. Can the dealer verify the ecu contains the factory tune?

As well, the following thread may be of interest:
http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/arc...p/t-21757.html
Old 09-13-2013, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailBrake View Post
Sorry I misunderstood your query, as your problem is more than enabling functions in Tactrix logging.

As mentioned, a tune by whomever/whatever may have locked the ecu. Can the dealer verify the ecu contains the factory tune?

As well, the following thread may be of interest:
http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/arc...p/t-21757.html
They can, I've already had them flash it back to stock in an attempt to open it up again but still no luck. . I'll check out that link and see what I can come up with. Thanks