ClubRalliart.com  
  #11  
Old 11-20-2013, 04:33 AM
kaiser1991's Avatar
kaiser1991 kaiser1991 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 35
Default

I'm assuming it has stretched quite a bit considering the engine mileage. I was concerned over the noise that the engine was making (paranoid from the various threads about timing chains) but then I compared the sound to another somewhat older Ralliart and it all sounded the same. A lot of people on EvoM as well as the Mitsu tech said the 4B11T in general is a noisy engine.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-20-2013, 01:03 PM
iralli_iskustvo's Avatar
iralli_iskustvo iralli_iskustvo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Missouri
Posts: 704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser1991 View Post
I'm assuming it has stretched quite a bit considering the engine mileage. I was concerned over the noise that the engine was making (paranoid from the various threads about timing chains) but then I compared the sound to another somewhat older Ralliart and it all sounded the same. A lot of people on EvoM as well as the Mitsu tech said the 4B11T in general is a noisy engine.
Ah I see, alot of that noise also comes from SST.

Will be getting GSC S1 cams along with new timing chain and oil pump chain when changing cams. But thats in the future so far I dont see no issues with the timing chain.
__________________
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston


Tuned by TJ
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-22-2013, 03:28 PM
Mkid's Avatar
Mkid Mkid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Safety Harbor, FL
Posts: 930
Send a message via AIM to Mkid Send a message via MSN to Mkid Send a message via Yahoo to Mkid
Default

Year: 2009
Model: Sedan
Miles: 42,621
Any Issues?:

Things wrong when I bought it (used with 17k miles): bolt was missing in the drivers side window assembly that caused it to pop loudly when rolled up or down. Fixed under warranty.

The passenger side air vent is not lined up properly so it always blows towards the window no matter how you adjust it. didn't notice this until warranty was up. probably need to pop out that dash piece to fix it. This may have been done accidentally by the dealer when the nav system was installed.

Later issues: Clutch seals started leaking causing the trans to slip. This started happening a little before 40k miles. Replaced by Jack's Transmissions.

Speed sensors are sending bad signals causing the ABS and TCS to turn off regularly. This also started to happen a little before 40K miles. I want to try cleaning the grime off of them as they get pretty gunked up and see if that corrects the issue. If not, they are bad and need to be replaced. This may have been caused by me when I drove through a flooded area.

At around 42k miles the shift linkage cable got out of alignment somehow which caused a variety of scary trans related issues like skipping gears and not wanting to get into gear. disconnected the cable, re-aligned it and locked it back in place fixed this issue.

Location: Florida, USA
__________________
Wedssport SA-55M 18X9 +20
CXRacing Evo X intercooler piping kit + BOV (Greddy Type-S)
Cobb AccessPORT Stage2 93 Octane
D2 RS Coilovers
Evo X FMIC
Ultimate Racing turbo-back
400HP clutches from Jack's
AEM Intake


My Car Thread

From Florida? Click here!

Last edited by Mkid; 11-22-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-25-2013, 11:54 AM
iralli_iskustvo's Avatar
iralli_iskustvo iralli_iskustvo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Missouri
Posts: 704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkid View Post
Year: 2009
Model: Sedan
Miles: 42,621
Any Issues?:

Things wrong when I bought it (used with 17k miles): bolt was missing in the drivers side window assembly that caused it to pop loudly when rolled up or down. Fixed under warranty.

The passenger side air vent is not lined up properly so it always blows towards the window no matter how you adjust it. didn't notice this until warranty was up. probably need to pop out that dash piece to fix it. This may have been done accidentally by the dealer when the nav system was installed.

Later issues: Clutch seals started leaking causing the trans to slip. This started happening a little before 40k miles. Replaced by Jack's Transmissions.

Speed sensors are sending bad signals causing the ABS and TCS to turn off regularly. This also started to happen a little before 40K miles. I want to try cleaning the grime off of them as they get pretty gunked up and see if that corrects the issue. If not, they are bad and need to be replaced. This may have been caused by me when I drove through a flooded area.

At around 42k miles the shift linkage cable got out of alignment somehow which caused a variety of scary trans related issues like skipping gears and not wanting to get into gear. disconnected the cable, re-aligned it and locked it back in place fixed this issue.

Location: Florida, USA
Hows the car running so far after the tranny rebuild?
__________________
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston


Tuned by TJ
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Mkid's Avatar
Mkid Mkid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Safety Harbor, FL
Posts: 930
Send a message via AIM to Mkid Send a message via MSN to Mkid Send a message via Yahoo to Mkid
Default

Doing fine. Only issue I have now is that whenever I shift into neutral, the gear service light comes on. It was doing that even before I had the seals replaced though so it must be something else.

Cleaning off the speed sensors didn't fix the issue I was having either. I'm going to replace my tires to see if maybe they wore unevenly. If that still doesn't fix it... I probably need new sensors.
__________________
Wedssport SA-55M 18X9 +20
CXRacing Evo X intercooler piping kit + BOV (Greddy Type-S)
Cobb AccessPORT Stage2 93 Octane
D2 RS Coilovers
Evo X FMIC
Ultimate Racing turbo-back
400HP clutches from Jack's
AEM Intake


My Car Thread

From Florida? Click here!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-06-2013, 11:24 AM
iralli_iskustvo's Avatar
iralli_iskustvo iralli_iskustvo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Missouri
Posts: 704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkid View Post
Doing fine. Only issue I have now is that whenever I shift into neutral, the gear service light comes on. It was doing that even before I had the seals replaced though so it must be something else.

Cleaning off the speed sensors didn't fix the issue I was having either. I'm going to replace my tires to see if maybe they wore unevenly. If that still doesn't fix it... I probably need new sensors.
Hopefully the issue gets resolved.
__________________
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston


Tuned by TJ
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-15-2013, 05:57 PM
derekyes's Avatar
derekyes derekyes is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 16
Default

Year: 2011
Model: Ralliart
Miles: 64000
Any Issues: Not at all! Flushed tranny at 35k and will again at 70k
Location: SoCal
__________________
291 WHP 324 WTQ VD "Dynojet"
253 WHP 283 WTQ VD "Mustang Dyno"
Mods:
GST v31.003 Tune
AMS Boostpill
K&N Drop-In
Injen UICP
Depo Racing 2.5in UICP Elbow
Evo X OEM FMIC
Custom 2.5" Muffler Delete
EBC Redstuff Pads
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-17-2013, 12:05 PM
jay10ralliart's Avatar
jay10ralliart jay10ralliart is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekyes View Post
Year: 2011
Model: Ralliart
Miles: 64000
Any Issues: Not at all! Flushed tranny at 35k and will again at 70k
Location: SoCal
Year: 2010
Model: Sedan
Miles: 55,000
Any Issues? ACD Pump went out at 45,000. Sent to ACD Tuning for rebuild & clock spring in steering wheel went bad causing the button the the wheel to screw up. Was replaced by Mitsubishi
Location: Indiana
__________________
334 hp/ 365 tq Dynojet virtual dyno
290 hp/ 317 tq Mustang dyno
DevinTuned @ Boostin Performance!!

D2 Racing USA
R1Concepts
Avant Garde Wheels

Avant Garde F142 Wheels 18x10.5 D2 Racing Air Suspension R1Concepts Drilled/Slotted Rotors Kit Unnwerke Fender Flares Rexpeed Carbon Fiber JDP Carbon Fiber Lip CBRD Rad Lite Turbo AMS Single Exhaust, Intercooler, & UICP Boostin Performance High Flow Cat Ultimate Racing Intake, Down Pipe & LICP
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-26-2013, 02:29 AM
iralli_iskustvo's Avatar
iralli_iskustvo iralli_iskustvo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Missouri
Posts: 704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser1991 View Post
Hey guys!

Year - 2009
Model - Ralliart Sedan
Miles - 79,575
Problems -seized pulleys at 69k
Location - Northeast Ohio
What pulleys did you go with?
__________________
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston


Tuned by TJ
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-30-2013, 10:55 AM
Dews323 Dews323 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 8
Default

Year: 2010
Model: Sedan
Miles: 72k
Any Issues?:
The chain was replaced around 65k. I took it back to the dealership because it was slipping out of 1st gear (from around 1-3k rpm after that its cool). They changed the clutch but still having issues with the tranny.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:40 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright (c) 2011 RnD Media LLC