ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Tech Talk and Power Mods
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2015, 05:04 PM

Default COBB or Grimspeed 3 port

I need some input on which 3 port boost controller to go with. The COBB is going for around $150 new where the Grimspeed I found for $100 new. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:44 AM

Go with COBB!
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 07-26-2015, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iralli_iskustvo View Post
Go with COBB!
Any particular reason or is it one of those you get what you pay for kind of deals?
Old 07-27-2015, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripsco View Post
I need some input on which 3 port boost controller to go with. The COBB is going for around $150 new where the Grimspeed I found for $100 new. Thanks in advance.
$150 seems quite high for the COBB.
Call them directly (the customer service number on their website), and they should sell it to you for about 115 shipped (assuming you live in the US)
Old 07-27-2015, 07:54 AM

I went with Cobb simply because I have an Accessport and that's what they recommend. From what I've read they are all about the same. If you look on the classifieds in the Evo forums there are usually used ones for sale. I got mine for about $75 on one of them.
Evo X FMIC
Evo X LICP
Injen UICP
DC Sports CBE
Mil.Spec HFC
Cobb 3 Port EBCS
Cobb AP v3 - Stage 3 93 OCT
Old 07-27-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripsco View Post
Any particular reason or is it one of those you get what you pay for kind of deals?
I been told by Kozmic Motorsports that COBB's ebcs unit have better hoses. Kozmic mentioned few other reason that I dont remember but they said they will be switching all of their units to COBB. Also I bought mine during holidays and got a great deal on it. I believe it was $95 shipped.
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 07-27-2015, 10:26 PM

My tuner also prefers the Cobb one for the same reasons - comes with everything you need and some excellent hose.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:28 AM

fuh..

RRE 3-port $95 installed

z
e
R
e
p