ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 06-13-2013, 07:40 AM

Default Cosworth out of business?!

I heard some distressing news when I contacted LancerShop.com to order a new Cosworth air filter. Apparently Cosworth went out of business a few months ago.

This is very unfortunate, as I was happy to get away from oiled filters.

Back to Works or AFE I go
Old 06-13-2013, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailBrake View Post
I heard some distressing news when I contacted LancerShop.com to order a new Cosworth air filter. Apparently Cosworth went out of business a few months ago.

This is very unfortunate, as I was happy to get away from oiled filters.

Back to Works or AFE I go
That stinks if it's true. I'm glad I chose the aFe Pro Dry S over the Cosworth. I would recommend it. It is a VERY tight fit and at times, seems like it may not go in, but it will fit with some muscle. I took out the bolt down at the bottom-right to help.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napius View Post
That stinks if it's true. I'm glad I chose the aFe Pro Dry S over the Cosworth. I would recommend it. It is a VERY tight fit and at times, seems like it may not go in, but it will fit with some muscle. I took out the bolt down at the bottom-right to help.
I hear you on AFE being a tight fit!

A while back I posted a DIY thread with pics on here for changing an air filter, and I using AFE Pro 5R oiled at the time. Taking out the bottom-right bolt pretty much a necessity with the AFE.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:48 PM

I have more information on this, and it seems the person I spoke with at LancerShop wasn't entirely clear. After speaking with another supplier, it appears that Cosworth is closing down only their operations in the US. The UK parent company is still offering high flow air filters.

If you check around, some of the larger on-line distributors in the US still have inventory
Old 07-29-2013, 05:45 PM

I got one sitting around.. used maybe 200-300 miles..

^click sig for Fred's Ralliart Build^
Old 07-29-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailBrake View Post
I have more information on this, and it seems the person I spoke with at LancerShop wasn't entirely clear. After speaking with another supplier, it appears that Cosworth is closing down only their operations in the US. The UK parent company is still offering high flow air filters.

If you check around, some of the larger on-line distributors in the US still have inventory
Call RRE. I'm sure they have some sitting on the shelf since it's a pretty common upgrade.
Evo X FMIC | MAP UICP | Evo X LICP | Evo X BPV | AEM Intake | AMS Boost Pill | GST Basemap Tuned by Razorlabs | RRM GRIP Springs | Oil Catch Tank | Agency Power Downpipe | Avid1 18x9 +35 Wheels | Project Kics R28 Lugs | AMS 3" Resonated Test Pipe | Ultimate Racing 3" Dual-Tip Catback | Zeitronix ZT-2 + ZR-2 Wideband/Boost gauge | Tomei Oil Cap | CF Engine Cover | CF Hood Struts | HKS Radiator Cap | Coming Soon: Evo X turbo upgrade
Old 08-04-2013, 09:31 AM

I saw one at RRE yesterday, man I love that place.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:59 PM

Thanks for the replies. I was able to get a few Cosworth filters from RallySportDirect.