ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Tuning and Tech
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2012, 04:53 PM

Default AF and Boost Gauge + Install Advice

With a turbo car I'd very much like to have a boost gauge and AF gauge to have some instant idea what is going on.

I was wondering if anyone has any advice on solid gauges and gauge mount details that look decent. Mainly I'm looking for something that looks clean and not out of place.

Also, what have people been doing for placement of a wideband O2 sensor?
Old 05-31-2012, 01:09 PM

I prefer the Zeitronix ZR-2 series for the EVO X and RalliArt. The gauge is super thin and has a flat back. You can just mount it on the dash with double sided tape. No distractions like the gauge pods that mount up on the middle of the dash, on top of the gauge cluster or on the a-pillar. Those really are in the way at night and the cops think you are a ricer with al that up on display. It does not block the dash cluster like pods that mount on top of the steering column. Also no permanent holes get drilled in anything.

The outer LED ring shows the AFR. The inner LED display can toggle between AFR, Boost, and various user determined values (temps, pressures). All this aside from that the Zeitronix system can do standalone logging, log to a laptop, log AFR and boost against RPM and TPS and more.

Last edited by MikeW-RRE; 05-31-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:10 PM

http://roadraceengineering.com/wideband.htm

www.zeitronix.com

Mike W
Old 05-31-2012, 01:22 PM

teehee
just saw the linkz

zeRep

Last edited by zeRep85; 05-31-2012 at 03:37 PM. Reason: *sigh* overlooked links
Old 06-01-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
With a turbo car I'd very much like to have a boost gauge and AF gauge to have some instant idea what is going on.

I was wondering if anyone has any advice on solid gauges and gauge mount details that look decent. Mainly I'm looking for something that looks clean and not out of place.

Also, what have people been doing for placement of a wideband O2 sensor?

I would go with the gauges mike suggested. Looks clean and can be mounted anywhere.

People say its good to have your wideband O2 sensor on your downpipe.

I was running it on my testpipe until I got a new O2 downpipe and got an extra bung to put my wideband in. I just ended up getting a plug for the hole on the test pipe.

Mods:Evo X turbo, RallInspired Tune, Magnaflow Catback, GM 3-port, Xtremeboost O2 Dump, UR Test Pipe, UR SRI, Depo UICP-LICP, AMS FMIC, Synapse Diverter Valve, SSP Inline Filter, SSP Tranny Cooler, SSP Clutch Packs, Tein S-specs, Apexi L.E. Turbo Timer, Seibon CF CW-style hood, CF Duluck Trunk, Gold Evo X Wheels w/ all four corners rolled, AEM Boost Gauge, AEM Wideband with A Pillar Gauge Pods, Evo X fender vents.

Future Mods:E-85 Tune, RallInspired Fuel Pump and CF Roof Wrap.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:10 PM

idk, I think all the other good widebands look too weird compared to the AEM UEGO digital

granted I'm tired of the AEM's look, but I still prefer it over the others and is pretty easy to work with

any of the quality ones work though, it's just personal preference
Old 06-02-2012, 05:11 PM

Those are nice gauges but holy cow on the price of em. Though, if I had deep pockets I would get it......one day I'll make it rain....even if it's with one dollar bills

Originally Posted by SSAF
"Rehh your choice of object that carries you to a place is not mine and therefore a poop. No, your body carrier is not what I own either so I dislike you. Lets go in a line very fast and see who can be a place that is not right here first. You're on, this once and for all will show who is the superior being."