ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 07-18-2013, 05:47 AM

Default Trunk sensor issue

So over the weekend I opened the trunk and then closed it. Started my vehicle and started driving and the trunk light came on the dash signaling me that it was open. So I was like ok, Im about 99.9% sure I shut it fine, who knows maybe I didnt.
I get home and I shut the car off close the trunk and move. Well last night Same thing happened to me and as I was driving the warning light would stay on for awhile and then shut off and then come back on... I get home and I slammed it shut and the light continued to stay on. And this morning I was driving to work (sensor light was off) and the sensor flashed on for a few seconds and then it went off.

Bad sensor Im thinking? I mean the car is literally brand new.. 2013 2k miles.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:19 AM

Prolly a bad sensor bring it back to your dealer and they should take care of it. Wierd issue though I have never heard of any of these cars having this issue. Let us know what it was.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:54 PM
Regional Moderator

I've gutted and rebuilt my trunk, so I played with this stuff. Theres a little spring and lift assist lever, and probly a little sensor..Try and disconnect the little flapper thing maybe do a little adjusting, it may mp just be a poor connection or pinched wires, should be simple fix either way. Mine does this on occasion, cuz I removed the lift spring, cuz the trunks lighter. But, mines slightly open when it happens.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:35 AM

Alright.

I used my trunk again last night and now the warning light stays on. Very annoying.