ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 07-26-2015, 09:02 AM

Default Rims offset and tires assistance needed

Hello everyone, I decided to go with Enkei Raijins 18x8.5 but I am clueless to what offset I should go with along with which tire size to go with. I going for aggressive meaty tires look. Debating between 255/265 tires. Obviously plenty of pulling and rolling fenders will be needed.

Any suggestions, tips and advice is welcomed. Thank you.
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 07-26-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iralli_iskustvo View Post
Hello everyone, I decided to go with Enkei Raijins 18x8.5 but I am clueless to what offset I should go with along with which tire size to go with. I going for aggressive meaty tires look. Debating between 255/265 tires. Obviously plenty of pulling and rolling fenders will be needed.

Any suggestions, tips and advice is welcomed. Thank you.
Those wheels only come in 3 offsets in that size and our bolt pattern, 35, 38 and 50mm. The 50mm is a no go if you want a nice look, and it really doesn't matter between the two, based on what tires you want. Now for the tire sizes you listed. A 265 will not fit properly on a 8.5" wheel. Honestly, a 255 is too much for it too. Wider doesn't always mean better grip. When you start to deform the tire by placing it on a rim too narrow, you lose contact patch from tread bulge. I would stick with 245 at the most. A nice 235/40/18 or 245/40/18 will work wonders. The 38mm will give you an easier time with the rear fenders. And if you want to know how they would look, just look at X wheels. They are 18x8.5" 38mm offset.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Those wheels only come in 3 offsets in that size and our bolt pattern, 35, 38 and 50mm. The 50mm is a no go if you want a nice look, and it really doesn't matter between the two, based on what tires you want. Now for the tire sizes you listed. A 265 will not fit properly on a 8.5" wheel. Honestly, a 255 is too much for it too. Wider doesn't always mean better grip. When you start to deform the tire by placing it on a rim too narrow, you lose contact patch from tread bulge. I would stick with 245 at the most. A nice 235/40/18 or 245/40/18 will work wonders. The 38mm will give you an easier time with the rear fenders. And if you want to know how they would look, just look at X wheels. They are 18x8.5" 38mm offset.
Thanks for the reply Drew. Once I get the right wheels/tires and coilovers should be ready for your big brake setup.

So 18x8.5 with 38mm would be my best bet? I want the rear especially to poke out just little bit.

What about 18x9.5? Which offset to run to run the widest tire setup? I believe 18x9.5 barely fits on RA and theres not much room to work with for meaty tire setup.
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 07-27-2015, 10:52 PM

Ralliarts will handle worse if your tires/wheels are too wide, not to mention that you'd be adding extra weight. Just get grippier tires like the Michelin Pilot Super Sports and you're all good for performance (unless you're going for the look, then do whatever you want lol). They are amazing in the corners due to the hard sidewalls, have very decent ride comfort for what they are, very long life, and massively improve the braking as well (I'm on stock brakes and even with all the power I added recently I can stop surprisingly well).

I run Enkei Raijins (18x8, 45 offset) and 235/40/18 Pilots and I have yet to find a situation when they don't grip. No rolling or pulling was needed and I'm on Swift springs. In that configuration the wheels + tires are actually way lighter than stock too (about 2 kg per wheel, which makes a big difference).

18x8.5 with 38 is also fine (that's the stock Evo X size). That would just require a roll on the rear fenders and you can run 245/40/18 tires.
Old 07-28-2015, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iralli_iskustvo View Post
Thanks for the reply Drew. Once I get the right wheels/tires and coilovers should be ready for your big brake setup.

So 18x8.5 with 38mm would be my best bet? I want the rear especially to poke out just little bit.

What about 18x9.5? Which offset to run to run the widest tire setup? I believe 18x9.5 barely fits on RA and theres not much room to work with for meaty tire setup.
The issue with wanting the rear to poke is that the front pokes out a good bit more than the rear already. The best way to handle it is with a spacer in the rear if it isn't poking far enough. But you will need a pretty good roll/trim/pull to get the rear poking too much.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:03 AM

If you want poke, go with 18x9.5. I ran 18x8.75 wheels for a couple yeears and ended up having to run spacers to get the look I was going for. You can run 225, 235, or 245 series tires but depending on what suspension youre on, you'll need to roll and possibly pull the rear fenders.

D2 Racing USA
R1Concepts
Avant Garde Wheels

Avant Garde F142 Wheels 18x10.5 D2 Racing Air Suspension R1Concepts Drilled/Slotted Rotors Kit Unnwerke Fender Flares Rexpeed Carbon Fiber JDP Carbon Fiber Lip CBRD Rad Lite Turbo AMS Single Exhaust, Intercooler, & UICP Boostin Performance High Flow Cat Ultimate Racing Intake, Down Pipe & LICP
Old 08-06-2015, 03:14 PM

Thanks for all the replies, needed and helpful info!

Ok so if I go with 18x9.5 which offset I need to go with to run 245 tires? And I think I leaning towards D2 RS coilovers.

Tuned by TJ
Old 08-17-2015, 04:25 PM

Which offset I need to go with to run 245 tires on 18x9.5?

Tuned by TJ
Old 08-18-2015, 06:24 AM

I had to pull the front quite a bit to run X rims on Eibach ProKits. The rears needed to be rolled quite a bit as well.

Imho 9.5 is a bit too wide for the front.

z
E
R
E
p
Old 08-18-2015, 08:28 AM
Administrator

9.5 will be too wide, if anything the tire will rub against the inside plastic trim that covers the area ahead of the wheelwell.