ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 11-11-2012, 07:54 PM

Default Radio Help

So i just picked up my RA about a month ago and I love it, got it used, and almost new for a cheap price. The only problem was, that whoever owned it before didn't buy it with very many features. In-fact it doesn't even have a AUX slot. Now I would love to install one, because currently I'm playing my music thru Bluetooth, but I would love not to have to replace to speaker to avoid the price, and aggravation of switching it. Does anyone have any experience on how I can do that? Is there a plug on the back of the stereo I can thread thru without having to buy a new stereo? Thanks.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:19 PM

I'm sure what you are using.. ipod or cell phone, etc. But you should have a USB input in the glove box as it is a standard feature. Its hard to see so feel for it on the top towards the drivers side. I have to say this is one of my favorite features so maybe that might help you out instead of replacing the whole stereo.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:58 PM

Is that usb feature that good? I've tried using it on other cars and its a pain because you have to take your eyes of the road to find a song
Old 11-14-2012, 03:10 PM

I thought they all came standard witht he two port aux plug in's right under the radio, at least my 09 did, but im going to check for the usb connet area in the glove box that would be sweet if one is their, if not I still have the the aux ports in the storage area under the head unit.
Injen SRI, UR UICP & LICP, UR 4.5 IC, COBB AP custome stg 2 tune, 3in TBE, Whiteline front strut bar, RRM rear strut bar, tint, roof spoiler, 2.5 turbo compressor outlet pipe, AMS BOV, AMS Boost Pill, TWE Catch Can, Megan Racing Coil Overs

Future Engine and Tranny Mods:
Water Meth Kit
SSP Oil Cooler
Fan for Stock Trans Cooler w/ washable filter

Future Suspension Mods:
Sway Bars
Rear Diff Bushing Kit
Cusco 4 or 5 pt Brace
Front Cross Member
Old 11-14-2012, 04:23 PM

I personally like it a lot (I didn't have it as an option in my old vehicle). It's easy to plug and play and it reads my ipod with no problem. You can even use your hands free and request it to play a certain playlist, genre or artist.. it has definitely come in handy and it beats switching out cds.

I think you are right RALM. I have a 2011 and the aux port is in the little compartment under the radio/temp gauges. I cannot remember but maybe the 2012/2013 is in the glove box? I test drove a 2012 before getting the 2011 (due to cost savings) so I really don't recall. Maybe someone with a newer model can chime in?
Old 11-14-2012, 04:48 PM

I have a 2012 also. Ill take a picture later and show you, there's just a blank spot where the aux cable should of gone. Which i dont get, probably being such a cheap option. And i did notice the usb spot in the glove-box, im going to go give that a go later.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:50 PM

The removed the aux port in the 2012...

But you get the bt and the USB port in the glovebox. I like it over the aux port I had in my 2010 GTS because it's cleaner. I don't have a cable hanging around.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:52 PM

You can get a tiny 16 gb USB drive and plug it in. I never take mine out.

Best of all, you can operate the menu via voice command. No need to take your eyes off the road.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:22 PM

Really? Just any USB works? and does the radio have shuffle and stuff?