ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 12-07-2009, 09:26 PM

Default Late model Lancer gauge pods

Well after doing a lot of searching around and looking at what options were available for the 09+ lancer crowd. I got to thinking. Autometer must have plans to make something. So I sent off a friendly email to them inquiring if there were any future plans or something in development that we can look forward to in terms of a oem fit/finish gauge mounting solution for our lancers. And here is what the response was:

"Hi Trevor,

There are currently no plans to proceed with a gauge pod for the late model Lancers. Surprisingly, there hasn't been much interest; it doesn't seem that as many of these cars are being bought and modified as there were in the previous generations. Nothing is ever set in stone, and if tangible demand for a product exists, it's likely that Gauge Works would build it. Hope this helps, please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Best regards,

Joseph Mills
Auto Meter Products, Inc."

Just figured I'd let you guys know. Maybe we can generate enough emails for them to justify producing something. Becuase quite honestly I'm not too fond of whats available right now. What i'd like to see is a oem fit/finish steering column pod. single or dual I really don't care. Just something that doesn't involve 3m mounting tape or gauge cups would be nice.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:57 PM

I have a feeling that demand for products will be hard to drive as most have probably opted for the RA due to budgetary concerns, like myself. I want the items, just no money for them! You are absolutely correct though that enough letters to them of people wanting options will likely result in products being made for the RA. It will take a lot of letters though! A lot of money goes into R&D for a product on a new model.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackBeast View Post
I have a feeling that demand for products will be hard to drive as most have probably opted for the RA due to budgetary concerns, like myself. I want the items, just no money for them! You are absolutely correct though that enough letters to them of people wanting options will likely result in products being made for the RA. It will take a lot of letters though! A lot of money goes into R&D for a product on a new model.
Ya i totally agree Black. I think if a single or dual steeringwheel bezel could be made. I think that would be the best. I'm not 100% but it would likely fit across from the GTS, RA, and EVO X.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:30 PM

Have you considered these?

http://store.ami-customs.com/index.p...ass-parts.html

http://www.cp-e.com/2169.html
Old 12-10-2009, 08:05 AM

Well i think the links given above are good you should see them
Old 12-10-2009, 04:25 PM

sure have.

ami is alright. but having to send in your existing peice or paying another 52 dollars for a new one brings the price up on their unit quite a bit. it would be 167.00 for a single pod a-pillar. which is rather alot if you ask me.

the cp-e unit i would never get as i have no intentions of running 3 gauges. 2 at the very most.

i would just really like to see a actuall dual or single steering column mount one. and not the rexpeed 3m mounting tape carbon fibre unit. something that would actually replace the oem piece. something that looks oem and not wet CF thats taped on.

Last edited by Tre; 12-10-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:46 PM

We have installed the ones that go up on top of the dash above the stock dash cluster. At night it is very distracting having all that light there directly in your field of vision. Not that I like having the cop bait strung on the a-pillar much either. Here in So Cal having the dash lit up with gauges broadcasts to the cops that you are a street racer and you need a good beatdown live on the 11pm news. But I know it is different in the rest of the country.

Mike W
Old 12-10-2009, 07:01 PM

lol, true enough, Mike. Personally, I prefer the bezel mount gauges, but I don't think anyone has made a bezel replacement for us just yet.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:33 AM

Yep. That's our best options as of now. Unless someone can come out with something more discreet.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:46 PM

mike i totally agree. my last car had 3 gauges down the a-pillar. and well i'd rather not do that again. as its not only cop bait. but its punk vandal kid bait as well.

theres a company that the guy from autometer directed me to and they can custom make pod mounts for group buys etc. worth looking into.

http://www.gaugepods.com/