ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart General

Old 09-07-2013, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Ralliart View Post
Hey, sorry to bring a old thread back to life just wanted to know if anyone can verify if part # 13 is all that is needed for the evo x bumper reinforcement swap, also with the bezel is there a template provided for cutting, I know it was mentioned in the thread but didn't see any confirmation of this, I'm sure I can figure out how to center and position it if needed but a template would make life a lot easier.
Definitely comes with a template. Not sure about the X reinforcement
Old 09-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Ralliart View Post
Hey, sorry to bring a old thread back to life just wanted to know if anyone can verify if part # 13 is all that is needed for the evo x bumper reinforcement swap, also with the bezel is there a template provided for cutting, I know it was mentioned in the thread but didn't see any confirmation of this, I'm sure I can figure out how to center and position it if needed but a template would make life a lot easier.
No template you just hack away.. And the aluminum is rated for use on the heavier Evo X, if it was useless, id say just skip it entirely, they do make even smaller aftermarket bars than this..

Id say doing a poor job cutting/welding some steel down would be way more unsafe than using an OEM aluminum bar, also the shape of the steel bar itself makes it almost imposiible to cut and reinforce properly.. Its not a good project on most any level..

And mike only did the reinforced steel bar, because he thought the aluminum one woukd scrape or hit the bumper, not for safety. I asked.