ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart General

Old 07-18-2013, 12:35 AM

Default Which to get FP Red or MAP's EF2/EF2.5 for the swap?

Any suggestions or input on which evo x turbo set up to go with? FP Red or MAP's EF2/EF2.5?
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 07-19-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iralli_iskustvo View Post
Any suggestions or input on which evo x turbo set up to go with? FP Red or MAP's EF2/EF2.5?
MAP EF3 is comparable to a Red.

I am sure the EF3 spools quicker, the compressor and housing are both smaller. The EF3 is rated for 550whp while the Red will make over 650whp.

I think it really comes down to the price tag.

^click sig for Fred's Ralliart Build^
Old 07-19-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstarz View Post
MAP EF3 is comparable to a Red.

I am sure the EF3 spools quicker, the compressor and housing are both smaller. The EF3 is rated for 550whp while the Red will make over 650whp.

I think it really comes down to the price tag.
I see, are you doing turbo upgrade? If so you know which route you taking?
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 07-19-2013, 04:33 PM

Question is... How much power are you trying to make, what fuel, and do you plan on upgrading the Clutch Packs.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKennyBody View Post
Question is... How much power are you trying to make, what fuel, and do you plan on upgrading the Clutch Packs.
I would say around 400 maybe a lil over. Octane 93 on fuel. And wanna keep stock tranny in meantime.

Tuned by TJ
Old 07-23-2013, 09:27 AM

either turbo would work for you, but if your just looking for 400-425 look at the 18g or 20g turbos http://shopping.kinugawaturbo.com/mitsubishievox.aspx
Old 07-23-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
either turbo would work for you, but if your just looking for 400-425 look at the 18g or 20g turbos http://shopping.kinugawaturbo.com/mitsubishievox.aspx
Yea I have as NFS pointed that out as well. I also looked into MHI turbos and how much the cost of their turbo would be and they responded back to me..

"I did track down what turbo this takes. We can get this unit but there is a 4 month lead time. Your cost is $1058.82 new outright.

Thanks. Chad"

Here's his info if someone interested in MHI turbos:

Chad Allen
Customer Service Manager
Turbo Supply, Inc.
2237 S. Outer Road
Joplin, MO 64804
Phone# 888-291-7797 Extension 102
Cell# 620-249-4463
Fax# 417-623-1681
www.turbosupply.com

Anyway I think I am gonna go with just evo x turbo swap route and be happy with that. Already found x turbo for $225 also gotta buy x manifold, and x downpipe. Talked with boostin performance today..great customer service btw - most likely will do turbo install at their shop unless someone wants to help me to do the swap

Tuned by TJ
Old 07-24-2013, 12:57 PM

Quote:
I see, are you doing turbo upgrade? If so you know which route you taking?
Yea. My X turbo and manifold are at MAP right now. Currently undergoing a EF2 and manifold is being ported and coated. Upgrading injectors, fuel relay, fuel pump, and new downpipe.

Just relocated battery this past weekend. Waiting on Kaizen Tuning pipes.

This car is gonna be a blast come next spring

^click sig for Fred's Ralliart Build^
Old 07-24-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstarz View Post
Yea. My X turbo and manifold are at MAP right now. Currently undergoing a EF2 and manifold is being ported and coated. Upgrading injectors, fuel relay, fuel pump, and new downpipe.

Just relocated battery this past weekend. Waiting on Kaizen Tuning pipes.

This car is gonna be a blast come next spring
I heard EF2 - spools to early and that's not good for the SST. I heard EF3 is much better.

It will be mind blasting experience to drive the car with that setup. Good luck with your turbo upgrade.

Tuned by TJ
Old 07-25-2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
I heard EF2 - spools to early and that's not good for the SST. I heard EF3 is much better.

It will be mind blasting experience to drive the car with that setup. Good luck with your turbo upgrade.
I haven't heard of a Turbo spooling to early. Usually the faster the better especially for a daily driver.

The EF3 actually has a bigger lag " i.e. bigger Turbo" and puts out power that might be a little much for a stock trans and engine. so unless you spent big dollars beefying up your transmission and rebuilding your engine, you might want to stay with an EF2.

I would like to know what else you heard?