ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 01-20-2012, 01:47 AM

Default SSTF-1 Fluid

Disclaimer:
Use the products mentioned in this thread at your own risk. The use of these products will void your factory warranty.
These fluids have been proven to work, but some may not wish to risk their factory warranty.

Diaqueen SSTF-1 is sold by Mitsu dealers in the US at a cost of around $250.

Castrol BOT-341 & Castrol Transmax Dual, is sold by Mitsu dealers in Europe for around $120.

BOT-341 is only available in Europe and is almost impossible to find unless you're a dealer there.

"amir008" on the other forum did some research and found that Ravenol makes BOT-341 & Transmax Dual for Castrol in Germany and they state on their site that the SSTF-1 fluid is the same fluid that Ford, Chrysler and Volvo use in their DCT's.
Link 1
Link 2

Bryan has stated a billion times on every forum but everyone seems to overlook:
Pentosin makes OEM fluid for Audi/Volkswagen DSG's (TT, A3, Jetta, GTI, R32), Porsche's PDK (911, Carrera S, Carrera 4S; Boxster S, Cayman S) and BMW's DCT (M3/135i).
You can use Pentosin FFL-2 (Audi/VW DSG) as an OEM replacement and FFL-3 (Porsche PDK) and FFL-4 (BMW M3 DCT) in SST's that get beat on more (Track/Auto Cross/Strip).

You can get this stuff for about half of what SSTF-1 costs; and GTR owners have been using FFL-4 for quite a while and the general consensus is that the tranny shifts smoother and isn't as chattery.

Remember, you will need to order at least 7-8 bottles.
This is sold by the liter.

You can order FFL-2 from here:
US Customers: Pentosin FFL-2 US Customers
Canadian Customers: Pentosin FFL-2 Canadian Customers

You can order Pentosin FFL-3 from here:
Pentosin FFL-3

You can order FFL-4 from here:
Pentosin FFL-4

It's a little more expensive but you can also go to your local VW, Audi, Volvo, Porsche or BMW dealership for the respective fluids if you don't want to wait for shipping.

A BIG thank you to Eric (NFSLancerRA) for adding tons of extra info to this thread.

Key Points
  • Pentosin makes FFL-2, FFL-3 and FFL-4.
  • Most automakers and legitimate mechanics use Pentosin fluids and usually just relabel them.
  • FFL-2 and FFL-3 have been proven to be safe to use in the TC-SST.
  • FFL-2, SSP Pro Gold*, and Audi/VW DSG fluid are the exact same thing.
  • FFL-3 is the same as Porsche's PDK fluid.
  • FFL-4 is the same as BMW's DCT fluid.
  • You need to buy a MINIMUM of 7 liters of fluid.
  • The car will shift smoother, especially on cold starts; and if tuned properly, it should be able to handle more power.
Let me know if there is anything else I should add to the list.

*NFSLancerRA Disclaimer: I do not have inside knowledge of the parts listed on the SSP website. All claims made were based off of inferences (such as color and viscosity similarities).

2012 Evo X GSR-
Custom CBE / Custom Test Pipe / AEM Intake / Depo Racing UICP / GM 3-Port / ASNU 1100cc injectors / DW 300lph+ fuel pump / EvoD Surge Tank w/ Bosch 044 fuel pump / Fermented Corn Dextrose / Hotchkis rear sway bar and end links / Self Tuned

Last edited by KyleKitchen; 10-12-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Very interesting... I wonder if it will work perfectly with our SST's compared to the stuff we get from the dealership.

Definitely let us know how it goes, maybe Bryan can chime in on this.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:17 AM

Any solution to being bent over a barrel and taking it would be a great help to the cost of running the car.

$tealerships here in Canada charge 2x the US price for everything.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

Great info Kyle. I am willing to test it out at the next fluid change.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:32 PM

In for results! I highly doubt there will be any negative effects... SSP's gold and red fluid is made for mitsubishis, VW's and GTR's I think.. I already had plans of ordering FFL-2, Any reason you went with FFL-3 instead?
Old 01-20-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralliart26 View Post
In for results! I highly doubt there will be any negative effects... SSP's gold and red fluid is made for mitsubishis, VW's and GTR's I think.. I already had plans of ordering FFL-2, Any reason you went with FFL-3 instead?
EDIT (February 9th, 2012): I returned the FFL-3 and I'm getting FFL-2 instead.
More accurate info posted further in the thread.

Post #24
Post #28

2012 Evo X GSR-
Custom CBE / Custom Test Pipe / AEM Intake / Depo Racing UICP / GM 3-Port / ASNU 1100cc injectors / DW 300lph+ fuel pump / EvoD Surge Tank w/ Bosch 044 fuel pump / Fermented Corn Dextrose / Hotchkis rear sway bar and end links / Self Tuned

Last edited by KyleKitchen; 02-09-2012 at 01:52 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:45 AM

Great Find very great find. I recently started having some problems with my sst and remembered the last time I had changed it was 10k ago and I do hard driving most of the time and got on the forums to see what the problem was and sent some emails. They told me if I am constantly driving I need to change my fluid more often than I usually do because the fluids get borwner and blacker the more I drive the car this way. Making my fluid only last me for a little while.. And now that your saying that these fluids are compatible shoot I am gonna save more money well not a lot but around 50 bucks buying this fluid if it works. So no more problems.

Also I wonder if having to inline filters would be overkill to have since I am adding two tranny coolers??? Sorry to be off topic but just curious to know. Anyone care to chime in on this?

Mods:Evo X turbo, RallInspired Tune, Magnaflow Catback, GM 3-port, Xtremeboost O2 Dump, UR Test Pipe, UR SRI, Depo UICP-LICP, AMS FMIC, Synapse Diverter Valve, SSP Inline Filter, SSP Tranny Cooler, SSP Clutch Packs, Tein S-specs, Apexi L.E. Turbo Timer, Seibon CF CW-style hood, CF Duluck Trunk, Gold Evo X Wheels w/ all four corners rolled, AEM Boost Gauge, AEM Wideband with A Pillar Gauge Pods, Evo X fender vents.

Future Mods:E-85 Tune, RallInspired Fuel Pump and CF Roof Wrap.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:06 PM

We thank you for your hard work! Awesome job mate.

2010 WW Sedan
Custom RRE ABE
Cosworth Drop-in Filter
EvoX FMIC and UICP
ExoX BOV
Old 01-29-2012, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralli_kid View Post
Also I wonder if having to inline filters would be overkill to have since I am adding two tranny coolers??? Sorry to be off topic but just curious to know. Anyone care to chime in on this?
I wouldn't run 2 filters.
Especially if you've already added 2 extra coolers.
I don't think your pump could keep the fluid moving enough.

2012 Evo X GSR-
Old 01-30-2012, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Stock pump is strong enough to handle the RRE dual sst coolers setup.

I run the stock filter setup so far. Hoping to upgrade to aluminum housing in the future. Maybe even use do some custom K&N filter or SSP for SSTF, still looking into it.

Having additional filter may need additional pressure/pump to keep the fluid going at the optimal flow rate. I have seen inline filter & inline pump that you bolt on. Dont know how well they would work. Keep us posted if you're going to be a guinea pig.