ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 08-28-2013, 07:35 PM

http://forums.evolutionm.net/09-rall...t-rebuilt.html
Old 08-28-2013, 08:12 PM

Nice thanks ill keep them in mind in case for some odd reason my extended warranty dosnt cover it which if it dosnt mitsu will be hearing from me
Old 09-12-2013, 05:30 AM

Well pump was replaced took week and a half to get bc it was on national back order. And the funny thing is that it cost the warrenty company 1900$ but if I didn't have the warrenty it would cost me 2800$ damn 1000$ up charge for retail vs wholesale its insane. Also the mech never refilled the reservoir so went back to make him do that bc it was below the minimum line and made a grinding sound when taking off in first. But that's gone now after he filled the reservoir
Old 09-12-2013, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

Service required warning just needed to be reset most of the time. To Reset, you follow the same procedure with 'info' button. I got the same service warning back @ 20k+ miles, where none of the awc mode worked. I reset the warning & never came back. I am at over 60k miles now.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTZL View Post
Service required warning just needed to be reset most of the time. To Reset, you follow the same procedure with 'info' button. I got the same service warning back @ 20k+ miles, where none of the awc mode worked. I reset the warning & never came back. I am at over 60k miles now.
The pump was bad they replaced it under my extended warrenty so I'm glad it got replaced when instill have the warrenty vs later
Old 02-23-2016, 06:32 AM

Default Uh oh... me too

I know this is an old thread, but my 4wd service light came on a few hundred miles ago. I had read that worn out tires can sometimes cause the indicator to turn on, and I had the warning light to check the timing chain come on too around the same time. I replaced the tires and the 4wd light went off for a while, then I went to the dealership to have the timing chain checked (chain is ok for now, computer reset) and the 4wd service light went away for a while. The last few times I've started the car, the 4wd service required light has come on within a hundred feet of driving. Car is washed as often as possible, but is driven year-round on Ohio salt-covered roads. Is there anything I should try checking or doing to the car before taking it in to the dealership to see if it's the dreaded $2800 corroded pump replacement?
Old 02-29-2016, 11:21 AM

Angry ugh... me too..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millerbp View Post
I know this is an old thread, but my 4wd service light came on a few hundred miles ago.
Here's hoping someone comes back to look at this thread again... I just witnessed my first 4WD service warning this morning when starting my car after being on vacation for over a week.. I was trying to back out of my parking space and noticed that it felt like my parking brake was still "on" and I had to hit the gas harder than usual to get the car to move. The service light stayed on for the entire time I was driving. But after I turned the car off & back on again later in the day, the service light didn't come back on (yet..) I've scheduled my service appointment for a week from today (the earliest they could fit me in.)

I was just wondering if it could be as simple as a fluid viscosity/low fluid issue because I haven't moved my car in a while or if I'm in for the $2800 new pump option.. I'll know either way in a week but it would be nice to hear from someone before then, just to have another opinion.
Thanks guys!
Old 02-29-2016, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliGrl View Post
Here's hoping someone comes back to look at this thread again... I just witnessed my first 4WD service warning this morning when starting my car after being on vacation for over a week.. I was trying to back out of my parking space and noticed that it felt like my parking brake was still "on" and I had to hit the gas harder than usual to get the car to move. The service light stayed on for the entire time I was driving. But after I turned the car off & back on again later in the day, the service light didn't come back on (yet..) I've scheduled my service appointment for a week from today (the earliest they could fit me in.)

I was just wondering if it could be as simple as a fluid viscosity/low fluid issue because I haven't moved my car in a while or if I'm in for the $2800 new pump option.. I'll know either way in a week but it would be nice to hear from someone before then, just to have another opinion.
Thanks guys!
Mitsubishi extended their warranty to 100,000 miles. Dealership shouldn't give you any problems replacing ACD pump if that's an issue.

In fact, my dealership replaced my ACD pump and transfer case. About $5800 in parts and labor.
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 03-01-2016, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iralli_iskustvo View Post
Mitsubishi extended their warranty to 100,000 miles. Dealership shouldn't give you any problems replacing ACD pump if that's an issue.

In fact, my dealership replaced my ACD pump and transfer case. About $5800 in parts and labor.
That's good to hear.. I'm sure I got notified of the warranty and just filed it away somewhere & forgot about it. This would be my first "repair" my car has ever needed other than a flat tire and the occasional minor recall notice, so I haven't really had to worry about much up until now. I haven't had the warning come up again so I hope it was just a weird fluke.
Thanks for the reply!