ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 03-24-2011, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

If anyone can get pask 100k miles on the original SST transmission with no failures and little to no problems, I will fly out and personally congratulate you. With the rate of these transmission failing, don't think that will happen.

And yes, I know Magnus' Ralliart might have over 100k but that doesn't count, they're a performance company!
Old 03-24-2011, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoZero View Post
If anyone can get pask 100k miles on the original SST transmission with no failures and little to no problems, I will fly out and personally congratulate you. With the rate of these transmission failing, don't think that will happen.

And yes, I know Magnus' Ralliart might have over 100k but that doesn't count, they're a performance company!
Ok, I will let u know when I hit 100k miles. maybe in afew years.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:56 PM

Default 2nd to 1st clunking

I don't know how much noise you guys are referring. as soon as my trans is warm like 5 min of driving and I go to stop at a light my trans actually slamms into 1st.happens in auto normal.auto sport.manual.no matter what it happens.it slams so hard I can feel it in the floor.every passenger I've ever had has said"what was that?is ur tranny broken?"I've never gotten a service light or over heating warning.I've taken it to the dealership 3 times and the first time they said I had a transmision fluid leak wich they fixed.problem never went away and all they do is say they can't duplicate the problem.Is this the same level of noise everyone has or should I really get on the dealership? I don't even like to drive it in auto anymore because the noise and feeling when it down shifts is so bad I feel like the tranny is gonna fall out
Old 03-24-2011, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTZL View Post
Ok, I will let u know when I hit 100k miles. maybe in afew years.
Works for me, I've always wanted to visit Cali anyway!
Old 03-24-2011, 02:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mkid Send a message via MSN to Mkid Send a message via Yahoo to Mkid

Quote:
Originally Posted by caRalliArt View Post
I don't know how much noise you guys are referring. as soon as my trans is warm like 5 min of driving and I go to stop at a light my trans actually slamms into 1st.happens in auto normal.auto sport.manual.no matter what it happens.it slams so hard I can feel it in the floor.every passenger I've ever had has said"what was that?is ur tranny broken?"I've never gotten a service light or over heating warning.I've taken it to the dealership 3 times and the first time they said I had a transmision fluid leak wich they fixed.problem never went away and all they do is say they can't duplicate the problem.Is this the same level of noise everyone has or should I really get on the dealership? I don't even like to drive it in auto anymore because the noise and feeling when it down shifts is so bad I feel like the tranny is gonna fall out
That definitely is not normal dude. At least its never happened to me. For me, sometimes it will shift a little harder then normal or have a bit longer of a delay. Thats about it.
D2 RS Coilovers
Evo X FMIC
Ultimate Racing turbo-back
400HP clutches from Jack's
AEM Intake

My Car Thread

From Florida? Click here!
Old 03-24-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkid View Post
That definitely is not normal dude. At least its never happened to me. For me, sometimes it will shift a little harder then normal or have a bit longer of a delay. Thats about it.
im with u on that, it depends on how i came to a stop or if i sped up then slowed down suddenly. i never had gears change so hard i felt it
Old 03-24-2011, 05:09 PM

Default normal

Like I said as soon as the transmission is warmed up it starts clanking into first.everyone can feel it when it does. I even took the dealership for a testdrive and the guy said "wow" when I showed it to him.Yet they wnt do anything about it.that was with 10000miles and 100percent stock.I was thinking that I should take it to a transmission shop and have them look at it for me.maybe they could call mitsubishi for me.it could be possible that when the tranny was leaking it was damaged.but not damaged ebough to stop working.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

Take it back for warranty. Dew it.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:06 AM

Default taking it in

I wrote the service department an email last night explaining my disappointment with this issue.I am just waiting for them to get back to me with an appointment and then ill give them a last chance to fix it before I go to a shop and have it looked at.That means this weekend I have to put the stock parts I have back on.Luckly I just have to uninstall my cobb.put stock air filter in and remove turbosmart BOV.the lowereing springs are gonna stay in because its a lot of work to take them out for an appointment and then put them back in after.I have to get my stereo replaced too.the stealership is gonna hate me.unfortunitly I think I'm to the point that I need to threaten them with a lawyer in order to get my transmission replaced.wish me luck guys
Old 03-25-2011, 10:52 AM

Doesn't the lemon law cover stuff under 12k miles? I don't recall. But if they did the initial work and just are flat out refusing to help anymore when you are clearly under warranty, I would call Mitsu US and let them know that one of their authorized warranty dealers is not providing you service.

2010 WW Sedan
Custom RRE ABE
Cosworth Drop-in Filter
EvoX FMIC and UICP
ExoX BOV