ClubRalliart.com  
  #11  
Old 04-04-2011, 10:53 AM
drmosh's Avatar
drmosh drmosh is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 25
Default

We'll be combating the spam as much as we can actively... there seems to be a ton of spammers out there trying.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-05-2011, 02:02 PM
RalliNurse's Avatar
RalliNurse RalliNurse is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Downey, CA
Posts: 1,367
Default

Like right now...Neosyseannets is posting all kind of BS...
__________________
Banking establishments is more dangerous then standing armies...

Phase 1
[X] Cosworth Drop-In
[X] UR Full Catback Exhaust
[X] UR Upper ICP
[X] UR Lower ICP
[X] Evo X FMIC
[X] Evo X BOV

Phase 2 - Breaks
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-05-2011, 02:13 PM
BravoZero's Avatar
BravoZero BravoZero is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NoVA
Posts: 3,212
Send a message via AIM to BravoZero
Default

This is getting out of hand and making my visit to this site unpleasant, and I'm sure I can speak for more members as well. This needs to get resolved. The Admins/Mods either just don't care or they don't know how to install appropriate security measures, or in all fairness they're trying their hardest and these spammers are getting smarter. Either way... this is ridiculous. PLEASE get this under control, and I would like to see a Mod go through these threads and remove spam posts.
__________________
-2014 Ford Focus ST///2.0L EcoBoost, 6 speed manual, ST3 package, Ingot Silver Metallic
-2011 Mitsu Lancer RALLIART "Veronica" (RETIRED)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-05-2011, 02:27 PM
gaspipedreamer's Avatar
gaspipedreamer gaspipedreamer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Azusa, CA 626
Posts: 139
Default

Yeah I'm on this website 8 hours a day while im at work. They should make me a spam deleter or something
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-05-2011, 02:28 PM
ChaseRalli's Avatar
ChaseRalli ChaseRalli is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoZero View Post
This is getting out of hand and making my visit to this site unpleasant, and I'm sure I can speak for more members as well. This needs to get resolved. The Admins/Mods either just don't care or they don't know how to install appropriate security measures, or in all fairness they're trying their hardest and these spammers are getting smarter. Either way... this is ridiculous. PLEASE get this under control, and I would like to see a Mod go through these threads and remove spam posts.
its harder to solve than you think. spammers technology is always evolving with new updates... pretty much fighting a war that you cant win. only thing you can do is suppress it.
__________________
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-05-2011, 02:57 PM
BravoZero's Avatar
BravoZero BravoZero is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NoVA
Posts: 3,212
Send a message via AIM to BravoZero
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseRalli View Post
its harder to solve than you think. spammers technology is always evolving with new updates... pretty much fighting a war that you cant win. only thing you can do is suppress it.
I understand that, but why is it that this site has so many attacks as opposed to other BIGGER sites? You would think if they all run on the same version as vBulletin that they would have the same level of security.

What about the process that requires an Admin or Mod to activate a profile rather than just signing up and have automatic access? Hell, I'd take on that job if need be.
__________________
-2014 Ford Focus ST///2.0L EcoBoost, 6 speed manual, ST3 package, Ingot Silver Metallic
-2011 Mitsu Lancer RALLIART "Veronica" (RETIRED)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-05-2011, 03:16 PM
ChaseRalli's Avatar
ChaseRalli ChaseRalli is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 271
Default

vBulletin is so simple that there really is a way around everything. Spam is inevitable on any forum. Only thing you can really do is just to ignore it and let the admin and mods take care of it.
__________________
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-06-2011, 08:00 AM
Blaze Blaze is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseRalli View Post
vBulletin is so simple that there really is a way around everything. Spam is inevitable on any forum. Only thing you can really do is just to ignore it and let the admin and mods take care of it.
Please do not ignore spam. Report the posts so that the staff can block IPs, and purge spam from the affected posts.

Dino is taking additional steps to block spammers at the firewall.

Best,

Blaze
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-06-2011, 08:19 AM
BravoZero's Avatar
BravoZero BravoZero is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NoVA
Posts: 3,212
Send a message via AIM to BravoZero
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
Please do not ignore spam. Report the posts so that the staff can block IPs, and purge spam from the affected posts.

Dino is taking additional steps to block spammers at the firewall.

Best,

Blaze
Thank you Blaze!
__________________
-2014 Ford Focus ST///2.0L EcoBoost, 6 speed manual, ST3 package, Ingot Silver Metallic
-2011 Mitsu Lancer RALLIART "Veronica" (RETIRED)
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-06-2011, 09:37 AM
MTZL's Avatar
MTZL MTZL is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mountain Zone Lancer (MTZL)
Posts: 4,060
Default

I need more control. I can help fry some spam.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:29 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright (c) 2011 RnD Media LLC