ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 12-17-2013, 12:02 AM

Default 09 Ralliart problem

I have a 09 Ralliart with 106,000 k on it. Tonight I had a problem with it - while I was driving, I lost traction (the rear end slid) and the lost traction light came on with an exclamation mark beside it. Then the ACS off light came on and the check engine light and when I tried pressing on the gas peddle there was no more power at all. Then the RPM started going up to 2000 and dropping to zero and then going up and down several times until I turned off the car. When I restarted the car, just the check engine light was on but the RPM was still going up and down. I turned the car off and then back on a few minutes later and just the check engine was on but after driving a few minutes the RPM started acting up again. I turned it off again for about 25 minutes and when I drove it again everything was fine except the check engine light was on. I should mention that it is -29C tonight and earlier on in the night I hit 2 or 3 small piles of snow left behind by the snow plow. I spoke to a mechanic, he is not sure but thinks that maybe snow got into the ABS sensors and caused the problem. Does anyone have any ideas on this?
Old 12-17-2013, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris88 View Post
I have a 09 Ralliart with 106,000 k on it. Tonight I had a problem with it - while I was driving, I lost traction (the rear end slid) and the lost traction light came on with an exclamation mark beside it. Then the ACS off light came on and the check engine light and when I tried pressing on the gas peddle there was no more power at all. Then the RPM started going up to 2000 and dropping to zero and then going up and down several times until I turned off the car. When I restarted the car, just the check engine light was on but the RPM was still going up and down. I turned the car off and then back on a few minutes later and just the check engine was on but after driving a few minutes the RPM started acting up again. I turned it off again for about 25 minutes and when I drove it again everything was fine except the check engine light was on. I should mention that it is -29C tonight and earlier on in the night I hit 2 or 3 small piles of snow left behind by the snow plow. I spoke to a mechanic, he is not sure but thinks that maybe snow got into the ABS sensors and caused the problem. Does anyone have any ideas on this?
Welcome to the board, Chris!
With it that cold, it could be the dreaded relay problem. But step one is to get to an auto parts store that reads engine codes for free, and see what code tripped. Once you know the code, finding out what it was will be much easier.