ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 05-10-2011, 03:21 PM

Obviuosly you guys don't have a clue about driving up here. Our roads are crap as in we have 2 seasons literally Winter and construction with potholes in every road. No body shop wants to do this kind of thing as it usually means rust in a very short time. No way in hell was I going to spend over $250 bucks for a tool I would use once, the fact is I still am the one having to do the work but none of the experience and finally by having someone else do it professionally I will get a least a limited time warranty and if they mess it up they fix it. All I ever want was to be able to run the same wheels and brakes as the Evo X. Is that too much to ask? LOL !
Old 05-10-2011, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

I think I have some clue as Im still on stock height with many MANY people telling me to lower my RA.

250$ BEATS 600$ you would have to spend.
On the contrary if you heat the area you're rolling you will not have any rust paint peeling off issues.

You can always go into business up in Canada since no one knows what fender rolling is.

or

You can always sell it back online after you use it.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:36 AM

Yeah sorry for venting! It's just that it has taken me 6 months and countless hours driving from one bodyshop to the next each time thinking I have found one that will do the work then they won't even return my calls. I have taken yet another day off work to take my car into the bodyshop and I am being told that the lip I ordered is not meant to fit my car but a regular Lancer. They have the new front end there so we fitted it on but there are some gaps and the owner of the shop refuses to trim the piece to fit because he said it then won't look right. He suggested I return the lip. It cost me over $100 and something plus shipping,duty ,taxes etc.. I am not made of money so I told him fine just make it work and look good LOL ! I did not tell him it was off Ebay LMAO! oh well I now am in the process of tracking down someone locally who has an Eastwood company fender roller he is willing to rent me for $40 plus a $200 deposit which is refundable upon return of the tool. Bodyshop is now waiting for me to magically appear with said tool. No pressure.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:38 AM

Another update as the guy that owns the bodyshop where I took my car is having me drive all the way across the city to look at and approve things. Fenders got rolled but passenger side is all wavy, drivers side is not too noticeable. But if I want it to look brandnew again it will cost me about 400 per side for them to pretty it up and repaint the fendes and back doors. I am going to change the colour of the car in 2 years so I am not going to spend what could turn easily into another $1000.00 to get what I had before they scewed up the fender rolling.

Second thing the Ebay Urthane front lip; they are unable to get paint to stick to it. They baked it a couple times in the booth, washed with solvent, used an etching primer then a sealer primer etc. It's like the lip is leaking an oily substance and the paint just peels right off. LOL !

After my fourth trip down there in less than a week I told him just make it fit and look good and call me when it's done. Car should be ready to pick up tomorrow night. Wish me luck.

Oh on more thing I am havig the chrome ring painted black, that is if they can figure out how to get paint to stick to that, otherwise I may get another phone call. LOL!!

Last edited by Jackal; 05-18-2011 at 05:43 AM.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:43 PM

So here are the first set of pics just after I picked up the car.

Old 05-20-2011, 06:57 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Wow... the lip doesn't look bad at all, nice. I think if you did a very thin layer of Plasti-Dip between the trim ring and the lip, basically blacking out the middle secion under the nose, that would look badass.

On another note... the green F-150 behind your car in the first pic looks EXACTLY like the one I had, lol.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:58 PM

That is what the body shop was supposed to do but after the paint did not stick to the lip they figured the lip would completely cover up to the chrome ring.

This I can do myself simply tape/mask and use trim paint. But hey $90.00 bucks for a Ebay lip aint bad and because it is Urethane it won't crack like fiberglass or carbon fiber etc..

Yet another Update: Ordered new Blue anodized Evo X lug nuts.
new vinal kit for all the diamonds for front, back of car as well as the little diamonds on the wheel center caps in blue.
new Hankook 245 /45 ZR 18 Tires from Tire rack.com I think the tires even have the word Evo in the name.

I am now Officially into Stage 2 and Stage 3 of my build. The Evo X rims and tires start stage 2 which is wheels and suspension and brakes.
Stage 3 was exterior body mods which now have included rear fenders rolled and paint now cracked on both sides which sucks and another new front end, new front lip and chrome ring painted out. Blue vinal graphics have been installed on car but will make a trip out to the garage tomorrow to take pics.

First Official Dragrace cancelled due to non stop rain for almost 24 hrs straight until next weekend.

Last edited by Jackal; 05-21-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:27 PM

Update to show new look: Pictures as promised still need to take a close up of wheels now that I have my new slick speed blue anodized Evo X lug nuts on as well as the vinal kit for the diamonds on the wheels as well as front grill and trunk in blue.
Against my better judgement I went and had them paint out my Lovely chrome ring to black trim paint.. Did not want to but it was starting to look really used as it had lots of pitting and chips due to gravel and having spent time on 4 different front ends. I will say the look is growing on me but may end up buying a new chrome ring as It was one of the main reasons for buying the car.
Let me know what you think of my new look complete with front Lip and yes I know you can see blue between the lip and the ring. Another thing the bodyshop forgot to do LOL!

The company I bought my windshield decals for front and back asked for a picture and my permission to use on their web site. My car is the picture at the bottom right.
Here is the link. http://www.acromann.com/product_info...roducts_id=206

Technically since these last few mods are part of phase 2 and 3 of my build and not phase one which is now completed, should I start New threads or just keep adding to this one?

FYI: I just hit 31,000 km today which is the 2 year Anniversary of getting the car.
New Hankook Tires are due to be delivered on Monday for my Evo X GSR rims via Tirerack.com.

Last edited by Jackal; 06-18-2013 at 11:33 PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:49 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Dude, keep the black trim, that looks very aggressive on your setup.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:51 PM

Just say no to chrome