ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 05-19-2010, 07:30 PM

Default Tires Options

Does the tire really make that much of a difference? The stock tires cost around $300 EACH @ SCM.

When i call the other usual tire places (Big O, Just Tires, etc.) The tires they quote me are under $200. I'm a complete n00b when it comes to tires/wheels, in my past cars i was all about engine performance and always kept the stock tires (they were NEVER $300 ea.)

Once again i'm a n00b on this subject.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
zeRep
Old 05-19-2010, 10:47 PM

I went on a quest recently too for tires.
http://www.clubralliart.com/showthread.php?t=307

My conclusion for now is, I can't justify popping for $300 tires when most of my driving is done for work. I likely won't see a track day on these tires or my next set of tires. For me, tires that still held decent grip, yet lasted longer than the stocks was my current priority. Later in my cars life, I may get better tires. In my thread I just referenced, I linked to a thread on SoCalEvo which has a great write up on many different tires.

I ended up going for Toyo Proxies 4 225/40/18. I feel they grip as well as, if not better than, the stock RA tires did. If you are looking for a good deal on these, hit up Muellerized! They gave me a great deal and great service!
Old 05-20-2010, 06:54 AM

Yep, authorized Toyo dealer, and I think Toyo might be having a sale right now. You NEED RA1's lol.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:12 AM
Administrator

Think of it like this: For all your fancy traction controls, race tuned suspensions, godzilla power mods and 1-up braking systems....

Tires are the only part of your car that should ever come in contact with the road. So short answer: Yes, tires make all the difference in the world. Chose wisely and realistically for the application and environment in which you drive.

2c
Old 05-20-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
Think of it like this: For all your fancy traction controls, race tuned suspensions, godzilla power mods and 1-up braking systems....

Tires are the only part of your car that should ever come in contact with the road. So short answer: Yes, tires make all the difference in the world. Chose wisely and realistically for the application and environment in which you drive.

2c
Yea tires play a big role....cant have a fast car and nothing to handle the power....

you try to fock on meee!!!!!(aka HANG-OVER movie)
Old 05-20-2010, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post

2c
Ideally i would spend a lot more time on this, but with my current situation (stupid pipe in the middle of the road!!) im on a time limit.

zeRep
Old 05-20-2010, 07:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to Grippy Tire Send a message via Yahoo to Grippy Tire

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeRep85 View Post
Ideally i would spend a lot more time on this, but with my current situation (stupid pipe in the middle of the road!!) im on a time limit.

zeRep
Pm'ed

My name is Geo and I started a little company called Grippy Tire. I can get you Toyo Tires Much lower than 200 bucks!! I am also a vendor on socalevo.net.

Ill make a post on this forum showing the tires I can supply you guys with.

(323) 861-5376
EMAIL: [email protected]
AIM: GrippyTire
MESSENGER: GrippyTire

Ordering Hours:
Mon-Fri: 10AM-4PM
Sat-Sun: Closed

Our hours are limited but we always answer messages, emails, pm's throughout the whole entire day and night. So please don't hesitate to contact us. Grippy sells tires and wheels we do not offer any services as of yet.