ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 02-27-2011, 11:23 PM

Ok to follow up on your response. So you are changing to the CBRD RAD turbo that is a single scroll turbo but is bigger than a stock Evo X turbo isthis correct?

My guess would be go with a least 1000cc injectors just to give you some headroom should you decide to throw in a cam or something at a later date without having to buy injectors twice.

I understand that the Ralliart specific IC will work better than a stock Evo X IC because the CBRD one will be a thicker core to maximize use of the smaller front surface area. I will be going to an Evo styled after market front end and support bracket in a couple years and will probably upgrade the IC again at the point to maximize use of the larger surface area that will then be available.

Can you post some of the graphs or post what your putting down at the wheels now and in theory what you think it will do in the 1/4 mile in its present form.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:30 AM

I am going to ID 1000's, because I do plan to go E85 at some point.

Here is the virtual dyno graph of my current setup:

I have no way of knowing what kind of time that translates to. I am also going to hold off going to the Mustang Dyno until the new injectors are on. I just can't justify paying for dyno time twice.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
I am a little confused.

Since our injectors are aprox 650 cc and the Evo X is pushing a bigger twin scroll turbo with the same injectors why is so much more fuel needed.
So you are saying with only light modding done to our tiny single scroll turbo we are going to max out the fuel system both and injector upgrades needed?

Temperature and power wise can you post some graphs or something because I would like to see the supporting documentation behind what your telling us.
+1

Very good points Jackal.

zeRep
Old 02-28-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
So you are changing to the CBRD RAD turbo that is a single scroll turbo but is bigger than a stock Evo X turbo isthis correct?
Hmmm...im soooo confused...i thought it was the same core just internals replaced?

zeRep
Old 02-28-2011, 03:25 PM

That is correct. The RAD has beefier internals than the stock 15t. And Jackal, I don't know what to tell you. I have all of my tuning done by Spec-Ops. Jason is the guy to talk to about the fuel system. I was a little surprised to hear that too, to be honest. Anything above 19 psi on my car maxed out the injectors. I don't know how to explain that.

I am also not hear to ram these modifications down anyone's throats. I will post a multitude of numbers once the injectors have been swapped and the modifications finally completed. It hasn't been completed yet, because no one expected for the injectors to max out.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

He is planning on running E85 so He will need bigger injectors & pump.
As far as maxing out the injector depends on his new turbo setup. More air flow more fuel til injectors cant keep up.
So how much air flow is going thru there anyways? RAD lite?
Im interested in more updates.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:48 PM

No problem guys! LOL ! I am just here to learn about our cars like everyone else. I just wanna be a sponge and absorb all I can but sometimes I see posts that gets my mind spinning because it may not make sense to me. So i ask questions in hopes of getting more data that would explain why upgrade A is necessary before you can do upgrade B etc.

Basically I don't wanna spend money buying the same parts twice. I am looking forward to getting some hardcore data once a few of us have this RAD turbo installed and tweaked to find out if their are gonna be any glitches to iron out.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTZL View Post
He is planning on running E85 so He will need bigger injectors & pump.
As far as maxing out the injector depends on his new turbo setup. More air flow more fuel til injectors cant keep up.
So how much air flow is going thru there anyways? RAD lite?
Im interested in more updates.
+1

zeRep

P.S. myturbo is loving this cold weather!!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 09:00 PM

What happened to the rad updates
Old 11-17-2013, 06:40 PM

I believe NFSLancerRA had something happen to his car and ended up buying an Evo X. I thought there were a couple other people who had done the CBRE Ralliart turbo upgrade.

Best thing to do is Google it.
http://cbrd.mybigcommerce.com/cbrd-r...-turbocharger/