ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 01-20-2014, 03:35 PM

Post How To - Install GFB Deceptor Pro 2010 RA

I haven't seen this posted anywhere, so i decided to make a video of my installation. Hope its helpful to someone at some point lol

GFB Deceptor Pro (Stelath FX) Install 2010 Lancer Ralliart - YouTube

This is my installation of the Go Fast Bits Deceptor Pro blow off valve (BOV).

For the firewall wire harness boot, I went with the top passenger side of the boot at a light downward angle pointed towards the drivers side. This kept me clear of the wires in the harness and angled the tube so I could easily fish the wire to where I wanted it.

For a clean install of the remote power I will be placing an add-a-fuse to the number 13 fuse spot in the cabin. I would suggest this to anyone who needs to add anything electrical as it avoids splicing or those cut in cheap plastic adapters.

Later on I will be encasing the gfb bov wires in some black loom or silicon tubing all the way back to the tube in the fiewall to give it a clean look.

Last edited by Sethlans; 01-20-2014 at 07:27 PM. Reason: additional cleanup
Old 01-21-2014, 12:02 AM

Nice, dont you need a tune after that?
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 01-23-2014, 05:57 PM

Realistically it is a small amount of trial and error because each car will react a bit different.

For example, if your stock bov/dv has a good amount of leak, replacing it with this bov having no or minimal leak could produce more boost by 2-7 lbs on average due to there beeing no more leak. (These figures are not tested by me, I got them from doing a ton of forum reads). This newfound boost could cause issues.

When it comes down to it you have to try and see. It is very unlikely you are going to have such a huge change that it will do any harm You just have to monitor the cars behavior when you install the bov. If you find you have an issue, swap it back to stock.

Then, at that point a tune would be necessary as you are producing more boost than what the stock tune can compensate for.

Last edited by Sethlans; 01-23-2014 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:34 PM

According to this he says VTA BOV are not really beneficial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTZL View Post
I want the bov sound! Can I vent to air/atmosphere (VTA)?
When there is a cut in throttle, the pressurized air needs somewhere to go. When recirculated, this air is reused and sent back to the air intake (and goes through the whole process again). Because of this, your ECU/tune is expecting this recirculated air. When you vent this pressurized air to the atmosphere, you're throwing it away when the ECU is expecting it. This obviously causes stability problems. There's no beneficial point to running a VTA bov setup - other than the sound. If you REALLY want the sound, you can get it from an intake/filter upgrade - I think it's silly to sacrifice performance/stability just for a sound.
But I read on EvoX that we have both MAP & MAF sensors so the ECU adjusts for it? Or is that only in the EvoX?
Old 01-27-2014, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefyralliart View Post
According to this he says VTA BOV are not really beneficial.

But I read on EvoX that we have both MAP & MAF sensors so the ECU adjusts for it? Or is that only in the EvoX?
A bov for this car is not benificial. This mod is merely for the sound. You will not get even close to the same sound on just an air filter/intake upgrade. Which unless you are getting a bigger turbo, an intake mod should only be a k&n drop in. The reason for that is, you will more than likely never pull more air than the stock setup with k&n can handle.

The sensors are one of the areas where every car reacts differently. This is where the spring tension and different vta variables come into play on the bov. These settings essentially allow you to divert just the right amount of air either way to trick the sensors or make the air loss arguably less detrimental.

One thing to note, a bov with our sst trans will not psshht unless you let off on the throttle. So, if you are not letting up on the throttle between shifts you are always in full recirc no matter your vta setting.

Last edited by Sethlans; 01-27-2014 at 06:39 PM.

Tags
gfb deceptor pro 2010ra