ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 12-10-2013, 10:34 AM

Just as an FYI in regards to new information that has surfaced lately in regards to fluids other than the factory Diaqueen SST tansfluid. There has been some research by Jacks Transmission and other independent sources that indicate the sensors and other electronics buried inside the transmission that are in contact with the hot transfluid are protected by a gel coat or some sort. But over time these other fluids have the capability to degrade the protective gel coating on these parts and would eventually lead to failure of these critical parts.

The general consensus is to revert back to the Factory Diaqeen fluid as it has some sort of additive to help preserve or at least not be corrosive to the gel coat in question.

Note: Some sources have also said the SSP Gold fluid is safe to use as well.

I have chosen not to clutter the thread with half a dozen links to other sites etc.. as everyone here is capable of Googling it.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:17 AM

Need urgent help, well more of an answer to my question..I did SST fluid change including putting a new SST filter. Here's my question I hope and pray I did this properly..when I replaced SST filter with the new one I put the new SST filter with the top circle part of the filter in the button till it clicked. Was that the proper way of doing it..or did I put the filter upside down??

I put the SST filter in the same way its on the picture I attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $T2eC16Z,!wsE9suwyRJ!BQrsybZcTw~~60_35.JPG (11.3 KB, 10 views)
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 04-10-2014, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iralli_iskustvo View Post
Need urgent help, well more of an answer to my question..I did SST fluid change including putting a new SST filter. Here's my question I hope and pray I did this properly..when I replaced SST filter with the new one I put the new SST filter with the top circle part of the filter in the button till it clicked. Was that the proper way of doing it..or did I put the filter upside down??

I put the SST filter in the same way its on the picture I attached.
Yes, I believe your filter is upside down. When I changed mine the original one I removed had the circle portion at the top. So that is how I put the new one in. See attached diagram also. It shows the circle portion on top when you put it in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sst-partsremoval-diagram.jpg (57.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 078.jpg (98.1 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by Ripsco; 04-10-2014 at 05:42 AM.