ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 01-27-2014, 07:01 PM

Default Transfercase/Rear Diff oils?

anyone recommend alternative oils for the them? and its only 1 oil (Diaqueen lsd) to be used for the TC and Rear Diff, correct? i read somewhere that there is another oil that is used in the rear diff? on that note, someone said thats only for the evo, true? im a bit lost when it comes to this part. so is it only one lsd fluid or two? thanks in advance
Old 01-27-2014, 07:41 PM

I recently changed mine, I used the Royal Purple SAE 90 for both, some also use Royal Purple 75w-90 alot of owner also uses the Redline brand. Looking at the service manual they both use the Diaqueen LSD gear oil, so you can use the same for both. whoever told u its only for an Evo has no clue what theyre talking about. Two quarts should do it, the center uses .85qt(.8L) and the rear uses .58qt(.55L)
Old 01-27-2014, 07:44 PM

someone asked a question, about what fluid changes to do;
1. TC-SST oil change
2. Transfer Case oil change
3. Rear Axle oil change(for differential part)
4. Rear Axle oil change(for torque transfer part)
the next poster said;
"You don't have #4. That is Evo only. I would do all of them. If you do the changes yourself, and do a bit of research on this forum, you could change everything for around $300. This figure includes the filter for the SST that the manual doesn't mention."

Last edited by beretta_m9a1; 01-27-2014 at 07:46 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:47 PM

furthermore i saw this and confused me a bit more
Old 01-27-2014, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nast_Nas View Post
I recently changed mine, I used the Royal Purple SAE 90 for both, some also use Royal Purple 75w-90 alot of owner also uses the Redline brand. Looking at the service manual they both use the Diaqueen LSD gear oil, so you can use the same for both. whoever told u its only for an Evo has no clue what theyre talking about. Two quarts should do it, the center uses .85qt(.8L) and the rear uses .58qt(.55L)
hey Nast_Nas 2 things, you know where i can find a Ralliart service manual, and second, i saw you used RP 75w-90, but i want to use the Mobil 1 75w-90... you think thats interchangeable? thanks
Old 01-27-2014, 08:02 PM

Center and the rear is the only thing you changed?
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 01-27-2014, 08:20 PM

Yes the center and the rear. that is all the ralliarts have. that image is from an evo x. on a ralliart the center/transfer case is built into the transmission and we have the rear. hence we only have to change the center and the rear. yes any of those brands will work. i use the evo x service manual. heres the link for the whole manual http://www.evoxservicemanual.co.uk/P...003800-22C.pdf and this is the link for the tc-sst(which is just the section of the whole service manual) http://www.evoscan.com/manuals/EvoX/...005300-22C.pdf

thread from evo forum http://forums.evolutionm.net/09-rall...ce-manual.html

Last edited by Nast_Nas; 01-27-2014 at 08:22 PM. Reason: new info
Old 01-27-2014, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nast_Nas View Post
Yes the center and the rear. that is all the ralliarts have. that image is from an evo x. on a ralliart the center/transfer case is built into the transmission and we have the rear. hence we only have to change the center and the rear. yes any of those brands will work. i use the evo x service manual. heres the link for the whole manual http://www.evoxservicemanual.co.uk/P...003800-22C.pdf and this is the link for the tc-sst(which is just the section of the whole service manual) http://www.evoscan.com/manuals/EvoX/...005300-22C.pdf

thread from evo forum http://forums.evolutionm.net/09-rall...ce-manual.html
Thank you! Time to do this soon. Patiently waiting for spring.
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 01-28-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iralli_iskustvo View Post
Thank you! Time to do this soon. Patiently waiting for spring.
I changed mine at 15K, ima do it every 15 now, i do it myself
Old 01-28-2014, 06:10 PM

Doing it yourself is the best option for these cars lol.

Tuned by TJ