ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 05-15-2014, 03:56 PM

Default help choosing exhaust

Im looking for a cat back for my 2014 ralliart. It is between the cpe- 304 ss and the ultimate racing CBE. So basically any pro/cons of both i have heard the cpe in person an was like wow. But something about the UR i have heard on videos makes me undecided. Also best place to order the parts lancer shop seems to be the only site i can actually call someone. Price is the same so thats not a deciding factor. Personally im not worried about it being to loud drone any of that i want the best deep just really great sound that will make people go wtf is that going by lol. If that helps at all im not worried about getting tickets an such. This is paired with a COBB stage 2 tune also if that changes it at all an the BVP from COBB also.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:33 PM

You can buy straight from the source:

http://www.cp-e.com/
http://www.ultimate-racing.com/
Old 05-16-2014, 10:03 AM

any advice on which to buy though? http://cp-e.com/webstore/product/ral...xhaust-system/ is that it the name isn't the cpe ss its like austnite

Last edited by bdambro; 05-16-2014 at 10:08 AM.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:47 AM
Regional Moderator

Well we know CPe gets it's stuff from china. So I'd skip them, and I was not impressed by the URs design and Mfgr at all.. So I'd skip that too. If you're just looking for the right sound most 3" units will work fine.. If you want a muffler optimized for the RA turbo, 3" is really a bit too big. So far the best unit by far for my car has been the custom 2.5" made by RRE. But, it's not SS and it's not real loud, so I doubt you'd like it. I actually had the best sound from the DC dual catback. Which also looks like it's Chinese Mfgr.

That being said, if you wanna deal on the CPe, try revolution perf auto out of tx.. They have sales and can make deals..

minimal partial rolls $60(no tab grinding)

So cal fender roller rental $10 per day(3 day min) with $200 cash deposit. Includes Eastwood fender roller, heat gun and heavyweight carry bag.

Last edited by Markspd6; 05-16-2014 at 11:52 AM.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:40 AM

Quite the contrary to Markspd6, I am very impressed with UR. I run their full turbo back system with 02 housing delete, and I get compliments on the sound all of the time. Great look, excellent build quality, and they are very good with their customer service.

I did go with mini mufflers all the way through, it is still very loud, low rumble... sounds like a rally car should. Performs excellent as far as performance goes as well, I went with the full CBE w/mini muffler, test pipe w/mini muffler, and long downpipe.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:34 AM

I know you had it narrowed down to two exhausts, so you might just disregard this, but did you look into the Borla cat-back at all? A little over a year ago I was looking for a cat-back, so I did a ton of research and watched pretty much every YouTube video I could find. Unfortunately, videos and testimonies were all I had to go on because there were no other Ralliarts with various exhausts in the area. I ended up with the Borla for a few reasons, including sound and build quality/warranty. I wanted the deepest sounding exhaust I could find for this car to avoid having it sound like some weed-whacker four banger. In my opinion, based on the videos, that was the Borla. It ended up sounding just like I expected based on the videos. One year later, I still love the exhaust and get compliments on it. Don't get turned off by the MSRP on their site. I got mine shipped for less than $800, which was cheaper than the UR if you add the resonator and mini-muffler. I can't say for sure where to get it cheapest these days, but I used Google Shopping, and then Googled promo codes for the sites I found.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:16 AM
Regional Moderator

My op was about the mfgr work ive seen myself, and its not just based on my exp, a local UR sales partner/installer and tuner here in So cal(we all know here) has had so many issues with UR DPs cracking on our cars, that he just cant rec anything they make due to the ridiculous labour costs involved in replacing them.. Ive already shown the low quality and ridiculously over welded parts UR makes a few times here, they seem to have no mandrel bending machine? But, they seem to have endless weld time? Thats the absolute worst way to make ANY muffler. All the extra welds create chatter on the inside of the tubing which makes it have several hard turns instead of bends which reduces flow by creating turbulence and adds the awesome ability to crack at every weld spot.. Its basically a shit

Ill repost the comparison pics between the UR "Downpipe" and the UR single port muff Vs. the AMS, im sorry but the UR parts are pure ameture hour, just cuz a bunch of evo guys got sold on their crap, doesnt mean we should.. If they had mandrel pipes and a cast DP, theyd be fine, but they dont, its just homeade crap with a lable.

And ive had borlas on my lexus for ten years straight, id have no issue recomending them, and they sounded great!

This the UR shorty DP

So cal fender roller rental $10 per day(3 day min) with $200 cash deposit. Includes Eastwood fender roller, heat gun and heavyweight carry bag.

Last edited by Markspd6; 09-25-2014 at 11:19 AM.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:32 AM
Regional Moderator

Sorry I can only get one pic up at a time..

This is the Greddy shorty DP, it has no welds on the bent areas, making it inherently more stable and gives it better flow. Just not remotely impressed with UR products whatsoever..

Last edited by Markspd6; 09-25-2014 at 11:19 AM.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:13 AM

Meh, differences in opinion.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:14 PM
Regional Moderator

The sound is opinion the Mfgr quality is way more fact, the more welds, the more places it can leak and crack... I've posted on URs sorry ass Mfgr quality several times.. just cuz you're happy with yours, and it hasn't cracked yet, doesn't make it a well made product.