ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 03-22-2015, 12:43 PM

Default AMS FMIC Users

For those that use the AMS FMIC and UICP with the rubber connectors, have you had any issues with the UICP actually getting disconnected under high boost? This happened to me for the second time where the top of the UICP dislodged under some spirited acceleration. Luckily I immediately knew what it was, reattached to pipe into the rubber joint and tightened the ever living sh*t out of it. But this is getting very annoying not to mention somewhat dangerous.
UR Single Exit Catback
UR Short Ram
TiAL 50mm BOV
Schroth Racing 4-point Harness
Cobb 3-port EBCS
Moore Automotive Tune
Old 03-23-2015, 12:42 PM

a thin oil film tends to buildup on intercooler piping/Intercooler, if not cleaned once in a while and/or your couplers are not on as tight, that oil seeps into the crevices and lubes the space between the coupler and pipe, then when you go Vrooom! the the pipe just blows off. I take a look in there ever 6-8 months just to keep an eye on things. (everyone might have a different approach)To clean, I a cap off the intercooler's cold side, fill it with acetone, I cap of the hot side, swosh it around, let it sit for a bit swoosh it some more then drain, repeat, drain again, dry ( I hang dry then use a compressor to blow the excess), and then reinstall. same goes for the pipes. Just have everything nice and dry and free from any slips. I also upgraded my clamps to Tbolt since they make more pressure and keep everything nice and tight with out collapsing like our OE clamps when you over tighten.

Good luck
Old 03-23-2015, 03:36 PM

Yes cleaning is fine, but I think a coupler and clamp upgrade is really what you need.
I recently upgraded my IC from a stock Evo X IC to a new ETS Evo X IC and I went with new Mishimoto couplers and got the 2.5 inch hump hose coupler for connecting the 2 pieces of the upper IC pipe. The hump hose allows each pc of pipe to be at a different angle where as the straight coupler wants both pcs of pipe to come in at the same angle. As we all know, no matter how much you try to manipulate the pipes one pipe will be askew of the intended angle just a bit.

I got new Mishimoto T bolt clamps as well. Not only are they better quality and have better clamping force they are wider so clamps won't cut into the silicone and clamping force will be applied to a bigger area.
I am sure there are a lot of good brands to try, but the clamps that I have received from Dealer, AMS and UR in the past
have been skinny generic hose clamps.

Last edited by Jackal; 03-23-2015 at 03:45 PM.