ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 01-20-2011, 11:38 PM

Default CX racing intercooler ?

I saw a kit for the evo X going for $495 for the whole kit I was wondering has anyone tried this kit ?

Here the eBay ad

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Evo-1...#ht_9397wt_948

Thanks in advance
Old 01-21-2011, 01:04 AM

It is mainland Chinese stuff. Kind of low quality compared to north american made stuff. But yeah, cheap as hell. We sell their stuff for 1G and 2G Eclipses. Those cars are worth $3k to $5k no matter how much money you dump into them they still are not worth much. That and the kids that fix them up are flat broke. Their parts make ~ok numbers with that in mind. I would stay away from Chinese turbos though.

Fit and finish is in line with the price. Dont be all sad and run to a message board when the parts need a little love to fit right. If you had a $40 EVO probably not the best idea for the all out cheapest parts. It would be worth it to go with something like ETS better. But for a RalliArt and a guy on a budget, I wont make fun of you for trying it. (as long as you buy it from me :-P ) Hahahaha

An EVO X lower I/C pipe needs some tweaking to make fit on a RalliArt.

I can match any e-bay price on CX Racing stuff if you want to give it a try.

Mike W
Old 01-21-2011, 08:38 AM

Ah I see would it be possible to just buy the core? And keep my stock pipes ?
Old 01-21-2011, 09:27 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to wwralliart77

I have their intercooler on my RA. Like Mike said it's pretty much cheap China crap. It's works okay, but I'd rather you spend a lil more on a better quality product. This particular piece has outlet pipes which are 3 inches in diameter while most aftermarket ic pipes are 2.25 or 2.5 inches in diameter. With that in mind you would have to run reducer couplers to make everything line up. The air flow is diminished when you run reducers. Best is to have a intercooler that has the same diameter pipes as the ic pipes you'll be utilizing; that way everything flows as intended. My CX Racing intercooler came damaged, it had no mounting points and I had to spend about $200 to fix it and buy special couplers as well. Not worth it IMO!!! I'm saving up for a better intercooler. If your on a budget get yourself a OEM evo x intercooler, Mike at RRE sells them. In fact Mike I'll send you a PM since I'm looking at buying one.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwralliart77 View Post
I have their intercooler on my RA. Like Mike said it's pretty much cheap China crap. It's works okay, but I'd rather you spend a lil more on a better quality product. This particular piece has outlet pipes which are 3 inches in diameter while most aftermarket ic pipes are 2.25 or 2.5 inches in diameter. With that in mind you would have to run reducer couplers to make everything line up. The air flow is diminished when you run reducers. Best is to have a intercooler that has the same diameter pipes as the ic pipes you'll be utilizing; that way everything flows as intended. My CX Racing intercooler came damaged, it had no mounting points and I had to spend about $200 to fix it and buy special couplers as well. Not worth it IMO!!! I'm saving up for a better intercooler. If your on a budget get yourself a OEM evo x intercooler, Mike at RRE sells them. In fact Mike I'll send you a PM since I'm looking at buying one.
LOL...i'm Taiwanese so i know this from the get go...never trust a damn Communist!!!lol...
Old 01-21-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdmonster View Post
Ah I see would it be possible to just buy the core? And keep my stock pipes ?
Yes.

It is also possible to put a Gallardo drivetrain in the back seat and trunk. With enough cash, spare time and beer anything is possible. Just be prepared to do some tweaking. If you are doing your own tweaking and buying your own beer, then it can be worth it for the money you save. But if you are paying a shop to make it fit, you'd be better off with a used stock X FMIC if you are on a budget.

Mike W