ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 04-07-2013, 06:29 PM

Default which route to go?

Hi everybody, I've had my 09 ralliart for about 2months now. I was set to get cobb ap, catback, testpipe, and drop in filter. Read this setup was good for 19-30 hp. Then saw cobb tuning plano youtube video and with just ap, downpipe, and highflow cat made 54 hp! I was wondering if any of y'all had experience with either set up? Thanks
Old 04-07-2013, 07:31 PM

Personally, if i had to do it over again starting from stock, i would first add a bigger intercooler.

Either used stock evo x or ur pic of aftermarket cooler, Depo, Ams, Ets ect, then drop in filter,cat back exhaust or full turbo back, then boost pill with a tactrix cable and one of the free GST base maps.

Should put you up about 50 hp plus!! See the GST maps thread in the sticky section and u can see several dyno pulls stock n with mentioned mods!!

Car is night n day different with the correct tune!!

Best regards,

Chris

P.s.... Easiest way to figure out these turbo cars, start at page 1 of the gst base maps thread and read every post there and on evolM forum and you will skip a bunch of the ooopses n mistakes!! These are fun exciting cars once modded!!

Beeble tuned, Magnaflow and turboxs, turbo back exhaust, k&n SRI, Forge BOV,Tinted lights, Depo intercooler and pipes, RRM spring and KYB struts, Whiteline diff mounts.

Last edited by cjsabaki; 04-07-2013 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel3g View Post
Hi everybody, I've had my 09 ralliart for about 2months now. I was set to get cobb ap, catback, testpipe, and drop in filter. Read this setup was good for 19-30 hp. Then saw cobb tuning plano youtube video and with just ap, downpipe, and highflow cat made 54 hp! I was wondering if any of y'all had experience with either set up? Thanks
Get the basics: evo x bov, evo intercooler, evo x licp/uicp. Its a must!
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 04-08-2013, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iralli_iskustvo View Post
Get the basics: evo x bov, evo intercooler, evo x licp/uicp. Its a must!
Just make sure if you get the stock pipes for the Evo X, you only get the lower pipe. The stock Evo X pipe is a useless piece of rubber, so you'll be buying an upper hard pipe kit later on anyway.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:15 AM

Well, I was trying to get the more expensive stuff outta the way first. If I did ap, tp,and dp I should have enough money leftover to get a x ic. Then get ic pipes a little later to put it on all at once. Boost pill makes me a little nervous seeing how cobb or works doesn't want it being used with their products.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Well, I was trying to get the more expensive stuff outta the way first. If I did ap, tp,and dp I should have enough money leftover to get a x ic. Then get ic pipes a little later to put it on all at once. Boost pill makes me a little nervous seeing how cobb or works doesn't want it being used with their products.
I wouldn't worry about boost pill right now. Go with the basic mods.
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 04-08-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Where are you located?

I only recommend Cobb AP if there arent any local tuners around.

zeRep
Old 04-08-2013, 03:41 PM

San Antonio, tx. Why do you only recommend ap if there aren't any tuning shops around?
Old 04-08-2013, 04:21 PM

Quote:
San Antonio, tx. Why do you only recommend ap if there aren't any tuning shops around?
It depends..

If you only plan on modding to a certain extend then having the car tuned, why spend the money on an instrument?

If you plan on having multiple maps; fuel saving, daily driver, e85, then having the ability to switch back and forth can be very useful.

BUT since you are in TX you WANT to check out Kozmic Motorsports!

http://kozmicmotorsports.com/

zeRep
Old 04-08-2013, 05:08 PM

I don't plan on going all out but it I thought it would be nice to be able to make adjustments on my own instead of having to go to a shop everytime. And spend money everytime. Thanks for the opinons guys, keep them coming.