ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 04-27-2010, 07:27 PM

Exclamation BOV questions????

ok i installed my BOV about a month ago (greddy RS) and it dosnt have the option to recirc. the air so i have it full atmosph. and i know the car is supposed to run like crap but it dosent. But when i tried that with the stock one yea it was bogging, stalled out and it would bounce the RPM's up and down between 500 and 1000 RPM's when i was at a stop but it dosnt do that with the greddy any answers as to why???? because i cant figoure it out...

P.S. I tried to recirc. the greddy but the car ran like it was choked up so i put it back to atmospheric runs really good
Old 04-27-2010, 07:41 PM

funny mine did the opposite, well actually the only time i had my car jump RPms like that was when I was atmospheric and being a dumbass i didn't plug the hose with the plug that came with it so I had rough Idle, thou this was fixed as soon as i plugged it up, but I'm running recirculated now, just for the mods's sake.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:35 PM

yea thats what i thought and that what happend with the stock BOV but not with the greddy thats wierd....
Old 04-27-2010, 10:15 PM

is your car tuned at all with the greddy rs? Its possible your stock bov being plastic has a vacuum leak. Since the greddy rs has a stiffer spring then the stock one you would have no vacuum leak. I think its a hit and miss with people who run aftermarket bov and have issues with them.
ETS fmic
AMS boost pill
custom exhaust
Injen cai
Churchs tune
Tein lowering springs
Enkie EKM3 gunmetal
10k Hids
Vis OEM CF Hood
Upcoming
Evo X Turbo
Old 04-28-2010, 08:15 AM
Administrator

The spring rates on aftermarket valves are typically firmer then that of an OEM valve.

The OEM valve will be looser and may even remain slightly open at idle (vacuum). This causes un-metered air to escape, resulting in erratic idle.

I recommend (even if you are not currently experiencing an issue) that you contact GReddy or an authorized distributor to purchase a BOV outlet of the correct diameter. http://www.greddy.com/products/displ...SubCategory=18

There are multiple reasons why you don't want to VTA on a MAF car. It's only going to cause issues in the long run.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
The spring rates on aftermarket valves are typically firmer then that of an OEM valve.

The OEM valve will be looser and may even remain slightly open at idle (vacuum). This causes un-metered air to escape, resulting in erratic idle.

I recommend (even if you are not currently experiencing an issue) that you contact GReddy or an authorized distributor to purchase a BOV outlet of the correct diameter. http://www.greddy.com/products/displ...SubCategory=18

There are multiple reasons why you don't want to VTA on a MAF car. It's only going to cause issues in the long run.

ohhh.. thanks blaze that makes sence ill get on it but the car ran sluggish when i tried to recirc. the greddy but ill look in to it some more i dont want problems with the car latter on
Old 04-29-2010, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

Get a tuner to tune your car!

DIY if you have extra money to spend to fix your mistakes.

DIY is not necessarily a good idea sometimes if/when you dont have the skills/knowledge/proper tools/help & guidance.

Strange your about Greddy BOV not recirculate & it runs fine?
Stock BOV make you bogged 500-1000rpm?

Did you installed the BOV yourself? Got any pics?

P.S.: I installed a aftermarket BOV from EVO VIII, (a friend of mine gave it to me cuz he wasnt using it) Installation went fine (recirculated) & I drove it around for about 60miles+ without a tune. Everytime I let off the gas it would goes Swooosh CooCooCoo & I watch my gas/fuel gauge drain faster than ever! Swapped it back to stock BOV, gas is expensive for broke person like me. So is the tune. My Stock BOV hold up just fine. Til it fail Im not swapping it out.

Last edited by MTZL; 04-29-2010 at 09:03 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTZL View Post
Get a tuner to tune your car!

DIY if you have extra money to spend to fix your mistakes.

DIY is not necessarily a good idea sometimes if/when you dont have the skills/knowledge/proper tools/help & guidance.

Strange your about Greddy BOV not recirculate & it runs fine?
Stock BOV make you bogged 500-1000rpm?

Did you installed the BOV yourself? Got any pics?

P.S.: I installed a aftermarket BOV from EVO VIII, (a friend of mine gave it to me cuz he wasnt using it) Installation went fine (recirculated) & I drove it around for about 60miles+ without a tune. Everytime I let off the gas it would goes Swooosh CooCooCoo & I watch my gas/fuel gauge drain faster than ever! Swapped it back to stock BOV, gas is expensive for broke person like me. So is the tune. My Stock BOV hold up just fine. Til it fail Im not swapping it out.
yea that is wierd mine used to do the swooshhh CooCooCoo but because the springs were to hard so i removed one of them and now it worked fine after i will try and get some pics up later