ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 04-14-2012, 12:50 AM

Default Opening her up 'a little'

Now that I have the e30, I can start looking to do mods to the Ralliart that would normally take it out of Stock class. I'm not going to go out of control, so keep that in mind. ie. GST basemaps preferred, I know a guy local if it comes down to it, max.

I currently have a Cosworth OE filter, Custom RRE ABE, Evo X Enkei's. Evo BOV and hit the ECU Mode up for extra logging. Not installed, an Evo IC, and UICP.

I was thinking of a test pipe, boost pill, and flash. Finally get to install the Evo IC and upper. I was thinking of strapping the Evo UPIC with zip ties or hose clamps to keep expansion down, on the cheap. I still have the OE RA LICP. Would like to replace with an Evo OE, but good luck finding it alone (hint hint).

Suspension wise, I really don't hate the OE other than 'stance sitting still'. It works. I wouldn't mind doing just springs, but there are no shock/struts. If I did, I would go as stiff as I can, with the least amount of drop. It's easier to get real bushings/mounts and that easily wins for me.

I hope I explained my basic direction.

Thoughts?

2010 WW Sedan
Custom RRE ABE
Cosworth Drop-in Filter
EvoX FMIC and UICP
ExoX BOV
Old 04-14-2012, 02:12 AM

Hey there and great plans thus far imo.

GST basemaps are deff worth it and i feel like bryan and rich do have great experience w the SST tunes as well (and they are still testing around with it too)

Any reason you arent going full TBE? As far as the Evo LICP i actually have one, if interested PM me. New to these boards so check me out on EvoM w/ same username for some added assurance. For the UICP why not go for a pipe you know will not expand under boost?

Btw check your boost levels with the Boostpill, I have to check mine and after installing the Evo X IC setup i feel like in 1st im overboosting around the time it kicks in, dont get me wrong, it feels fantastic as hell kicking me back in my seat, but i hope it isnt doing something bad to any systems, so i need to check my levels ASAP.

As far as springs, i heard you dont need to replace shocks/struts with the swift lowering springs. They designed it around keeping the stock shock/struts and its a less aggressive drop, it was the smallest drop when i was checking them out, not sure on stiffness though.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:06 AM

I really don't want to spend the money it will require to do a full TBE. The county I live in does not require smog checks, nor do they do any sort of inspection so I could go to a straight pipe w/o issue. This will remove a major restriction in my current system, and after doing some reading, sounds like is all i will pretty much need as anything more really shows no gains w/o replacing the huffer. I can always get a local guy to do up a custom mid-pipe if I wanted.

Thanks for info on the Swifts, I will do more research with that info in mind.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

2010 WW Sedan
Custom RRE ABE
Cosworth Drop-in Filter
EvoX FMIC and UICP
ExoX BOV
Old 04-16-2012, 09:45 AM

as great as bryan's basemaps are, they are still that. basemaps

imo, with a good set of mods, I think it's appropriate to get a full tune (bryan can do these by email)

and a good hard UICP used for cheap. I don't like the idea of ties trying to stop expansion

as for suspension, I would focus more on alignment (and what you'll need to get it) over what it consists of (springs/shocks/etc). alignment and tires are everything

if you're bored and want some semi-related reading material, I have my own build thread here:
http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57947
Old 04-16-2012, 09:48 AM

Thanks! Yeah, I take my car to the local SCCA shop to get real alignments.

I'll read up on your thread and post back here if I have any Q's.

You guys rock!

2010 WW Sedan
Custom RRE ABE
Cosworth Drop-in Filter
EvoX FMIC and UICP
ExoX BOV
Old 04-16-2012, 10:29 AM

Good read, though, I will not be going as insane as that!

I have to say I heard much of the same from my local SCCA guys and instructors about our cars performance. Pure shock.

2010 WW Sedan
Custom RRE ABE
Cosworth Drop-in Filter
EvoX FMIC and UICP
ExoX BOV
Old 04-16-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAbOS View Post
Good read, though, I will not be going as insane as that!

I have to say I heard much of the same from my local SCCA guys and instructors about our cars performance. Pure shock.
what's insane about it?

ASP is pretty much just full bolt-ons (including porting manifolds). though since the RA can't go much wider than 245, I think it could do well as an ST class car - though this means un-altered boost maps

it's a toss-up; if you go up to ASP, it's competitive, and you will lose if you have others locally that stepped up to R-compounds (everyone here locally does as you can see from my thread). I think the Evo X is awful for STU (or is it STX? idk) for reasons stated in the thread as well - mainly being the tire size limitation
Old 04-16-2012, 01:11 PM

Yeah, anything above stock (DS) puts the RA in the same class as the Evo now.

2010 WW Sedan
Custom RRE ABE
Cosworth Drop-in Filter
EvoX FMIC and UICP
ExoX BOV
Old 04-16-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAbOS View Post
Yeah, anything above stock (DS) puts the RA in the same class as the Evo now.
yeah, but I still think it would do well in an ST class compared to the X because of tire size limitations.

wait, then again ST doesn't allow intercooler changes

meh, boosted Mitsu's are pmuch fucked. just go ASP we make too much power and handle too well for such few mods
Old 04-16-2012, 01:43 PM

hehe, no doubt. The RA is a sneaky one in DS I think. I ran bone, stock. That included running on the crap Yoko's and was within a second of the seasoned guys. With the right tires, which they say you can guesstimate about a second, and I could have been right up there.

The reason I am finally opening up the mos on the RA is because I am building the e30 to run in ST now

2010 WW Sedan
Custom RRE ABE
Cosworth Drop-in Filter
EvoX FMIC and UICP
ExoX BOV