ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 11-21-2010, 04:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mkid Send a message via MSN to Mkid Send a message via Yahoo to Mkid

Not bad, seems like it may be about $100 cheaper... they don't have the 8.5" width though. Also, do they have free shipping? If not, that might end up making their prices about the same.
D2 RS Coilovers
Evo X FMIC
Ultimate Racing turbo-back
400HP clutches from Jack's
AEM Intake

My Car Thread

From Florida? Click here!
Old 11-21-2010, 04:11 PM

Email them about 8.5" and i think they do have free shipping.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeW-RRE View Post
Google "broken rota wheel"

Mike W
The OP was simply trying to set up a group buy for his desired wheels. To be very honest, I'm actually disappointed in your intentions to ridicule Rota's. I expected a little more professionalism from you [as with most of your posts].

Fuck the hate against rota. I can guarantee most people base their opinions on photos on the internet that are blown out of proportion.

The bottom line is the quality of Rota's will hold their own during daily driving. They must pass certain standards as previously posted. For racing applications, there are racing wheels. Although, some people, even reputable shops like GST, race them with no problems.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jRox View Post
The OP was simply trying to set up a group buy for his desired wheels. To be very honest, I'm actually disappointed in your intentions to ridicule Rota's. I expected a little more professionalism from you [as with most of your posts].

Fuck the hate against rota. I can guarantee most people base their opinions on photos on the internet that are blown out of proportion.

The bottom line is the quality of Rota's will hold their own during daily driving. They must pass certain standards as previously posted. For racing applications, there are racing wheels. Although, some people, even reputable shops like GST, race them with no problems.
LOL you guys kidding?!

Have a sense of humor! You know 'hahahaha'?

Maybe clubralliart.com is too serious for me!
Old 11-21-2010, 08:32 PM

About a year and a half ago I had an EVO customer come in for a dyno with Rota wheels. 2 had hairline cracks in the spokes that he didnt know about. Dont know if his story got blown across the internet with pics or not. Maybe he kept driving on them for all I know. I saw them and they had not been hit or crashed or raced on. Just a normal street guy. Pointed them out and he went on his way. This was before the current online hysteria.

I also had a car we built for Pikes Peak back in 2005. A FWD Eclipse GST, ran Rota wheels on it and they didnt fall off. That was a long time ago though. We all have our bad days.

Mike W
Old 11-22-2010, 12:20 AM
Super Moderator

I know plenty of people that bought Rota & I like group buys to make things cheaper but it all come down to personal preference.
With that said Rotas are not for me. I paid less than half the price for the Enkei. Yeah Im a broke/cheap bastard. lol.
GL with the group buy.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:41 AM

Send a message via AIM to Mkid Send a message via MSN to Mkid Send a message via Yahoo to Mkid

Didn't mean to blow it out of proportion, I normally have a good sense of humor but it was just super frustrating to me to have spent the time researching this only to have people try and shoot down my efforts.

Anyways, I'll hit up JLB and get their pricing too. I'd probably still need a group buy considering this size wheel isn't in their normal stock. So I will keep updating this with my findings for all who are interested.
D2 RS Coilovers
Evo X FMIC
AEM Intake

My Car Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkid View Post
Didn't mean to blow it out of proportion, I normally have a good sense of humor but it was just super frustrating to me to have spent the time researching this only to have people try and shoot down my efforts.

Anyways, I'll hit up JLB and get their pricing too. I'd probably still need a group buy considering this size wheel isn't in their normal stock. So I will keep updating this with my findings for all who are interested.
Too bad you arent local..

JLB is having a Black Friday Sale...they trying to make room for 2011 inventory..
Old 11-22-2010, 10:48 AM

It doesn't seem like they carry the size I want anyways. But if anyone going happens to see these exact wheels for sale at a really good price, pick them up for me and I'll pay you for them + shipping and maybe a little extra for the help as long as its still under $800. lol
D2 RS Coilovers
Evo X FMIC
AEM Intake

My Car Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkid View Post
It doesn't seem like they carry the size I want anyways. But if anyone going happens to see these exact wheels for sale at a really good price, pick them up for me and I'll pay you for them + shipping and maybe a little extra for the help as long as its still under $800. lol
Physical inventory might be different than online inventory, just saying..