ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Troubleshooting, DIY and Inst
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2011, 02:55 PM

Default Need help. Changing RA front bumper to EVO

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum so hopefully I'm posting in the right place. I have a 2010 Ralliart and recently gotten into an accident. The front bumper can be fixed for $500 or replaced for $1080, but the expensive $450 chrome molding has cracked on the lower part and supposedly requires to change. I found a EVO X style front bumper cover for $500 (plus $200 shipping) on ebay and seems to be the cheapest and best option.

Here's my question. Is it possible to make this switch? Also, do I have to paint it? I just want to make sure before ordering it. I asked the dealer and this is their reply (does it seem right?):

"It will fit on your ralliart lancer but one thing it will be is the on the under tray will be shorter. You either need to get a new regular under tray from the dealer or save those money just use a zip tight to hold it in place. It is no big of a deal. A lot of my customer do that. Other than that it will fit perfect.
The bumper come with the grill, chrome molding, tow hook cover, chrome foglight ring and license plate. Bumper come in unpainted black plastic color"

Thank you for your help
Old 08-11-2011, 03:26 PM

The EVO front bumper IS NOT a direct fit. Remember, the Evo also has different, wider fenders (front and back).

He is correct about the under tray, but dont know if I would follow the zip tie install method.

2010 WW Sedan
Custom RRE ABE
Cosworth Drop-in Filter
EvoX FMIC and UICP
ExoX BOV
Old 08-11-2011, 06:44 PM

He said Evo Style bumper not necessarily the stock evo x bumper...

a link to said bumper might help....

zeRep
Old 08-11-2011, 06:48 PM

Just look at the ebay auction to see what it fits. If it says lancer, it will be a direct bolt on to an RA, but if it says Evo X, you need the fenders and a bunch of other mounting brackets. But I am assuming you are talking about this...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-11...Q5fAccessories
Old 08-11-2011, 07:45 PM

Thanks all. Actually that is the one I was looking at. So that is not the factory built one I'm assuming. Do you think this one needs fenders as well? Would it be worth it to do the change or do you think it's not a good product?
From this forum, I also found the garnish that they sell for $250 with shipping, rather than the dealerships who charge $450 in Canada. Have you heard of this site?
http://www.mitsubishiparts.net/

Thanks
Old 08-11-2011, 08:05 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to wwralliart77

This should help you out: http://calilancers.com/index.php/topic,2112.0.html
Old 08-11-2011, 09:20 PM

mitsubishiparts.net is good stuff!

Myself and a few other members have ordered from there without hassle...
Old 08-12-2011, 08:10 AM
Administrator

Sam:

In response to the question you asked me via PM, about the 2" gap between the undertray and evo bumper:

You can do 3 things:

1) purchase the evo undertray. You should purchase the splash guards for the wheel wells while you're at it.

2) purchase an APR splitter

3) zip tie it.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:29 AM

Thank you all for your help.
Zip tie looks pretty scary. I'm worried if it affects it when you go on bumps a lot (toronto's roads are quite shitty), or when you go fast that it messes up the aerodynamics.

Is the Evo X undertray one piece (that i need)? I'm trying to find it from mitsubishiparts.net, but I don't know what to look under. Do you guys know? I called a dealership and he guessed it could be called "engine covers" and said it has left, right and center pieces ($75 each)! I don't know if he's giving me the right info. I think some other places call it lower bumper cover.

So it seems the bumper and the fender wont be aligned. There is that frying pan method (to cut) which i don't know how it works, and the other option is to get new fenders? Maybe from here. what do you think?
http://www.extremedimensions.com/sho...Lancer%2008-11

But I guess I'll be fine if it's sticking out... maybe in couple of months I'll get more info abou the frying pan method and attempt to do it myself or in a class.

Thanks
Old 08-12-2011, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

Frying pan method bracket is to also hold the top of the bumper under the hood.
Basically, Evo X (CZ4A) fender bracket is curved so you can heat it up & straighten it out. Hack up the bracket for clearance & fitment.
Ralliart (CY4A) I dont read Japanese.

I foresee your underpanel & wheel well guards getting eaten up by the road & wheels. :x
why dont you get aluminum panel from the evo x? It might fit. idk.

Last edited by MTZL; 08-12-2011 at 11:12 AM.

Tags
bumper, evo bumper, front bumper, ralliart, ralliart bumper