ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 04-07-2012, 06:32 PM
Regional Moderator

Default Evo X USDM crash bar a direct swap...

for anyone interested in getting some more air to the FMIC, the USDM large style crash bar fits the RA just fine.. a few mods needed, but not much...
Old 04-07-2012, 06:56 PM

Any pictures?
Old 04-07-2012, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markspd6 View Post
for anyone interested in getting some more air to the FMIC, the USDM large style crash bar fits the RA just fine.. a few mods needed, but not much...
Pics, links, etc would be helpful. If it's easy that's one thing, but if modifications are involved that might shun some people away.

The more information, especially pictures, the better.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:07 PM
Regional Moderator

blew off pix, its honestly really easy....
1 pull bumper
2 pick all the retaining clips, pull a few connectors(horn, some kind of sensors)
3 pull the OEM crash bar, install Evo X bar including inductor pieces, foam etc
4 relocate one of the horns, or skip it? relocate/adjust some of the retaining clips
5 put bumper back on.

probs: you loose the 2 bolts that hold the lower grill on tight, but you can easily make your own L bracket holders, and since i didnt realise you needed the OEM holders for the FMIC rubber hangers(theyre not welded on like the RA) but, the FMIC sits tight easily W/O those rubber hangers. If youre using the two lower bolts, and youre using the OEM style hard rubber couplers, you should be ok? but, i might ask the guy i got the parts from to sell me the Evo X FMIC hangers.. just in case. honestly, it went fast easy and cost me $150 for the parts so far.. now i just need to open up the upper grill for some airflow!!

plus: ill probably be able to add a decent track style tow hook into the aluminum...

and if anyone in So Cal wants a OEM RA crashbar to cut apart to skip having to track down a X bar to use.. i have an extra!!

Last edited by Markspd6; 04-07-2012 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markspd6 View Post
blew off pix, its honestly really easy....
1 pull bumper
2 pick all the retaining clips, pull a few connectors(horn, some kind of sensors)
3 pull the OEM crash bar, install Evo X bar including inductor pieces, foam etc
4 relocate one of the horns, or skip it? relocate/adjust some of the retaining clips
5 put bumper back on.

probs: you loose the 2 bolts that hold the lower grill on tight, but you can easily make your own L bracket holders, and since i didnt realise you needed the OEM holders for the FMIC rubber hangers(theyre not welded on like the RA) but, the FMIC sits tight easily W/O those rubber hangers. If youre using the two lower bolts, and youre using the OEM style hard rubber couplers, you should be ok? but, i might ask the guy i got the parts from to sell me the Evo X FMIC hangers.. just in case. honestly, it went fast easy and cost me $150 for the parts so far.. now i just need to open up the upper grill for some airflow!!

plus: ill probably be able to add a decent track style tow hook into the aluminum...

and if anyone in So Cal wants a OEM RA crashbar to cut apart to skip having to track down a X bar to use.. i have an extra!!
Pics of the install is more believable than words. Show us some pics. Thanks
Old 05-22-2012, 02:13 AM

how is it not gonna fit ??

both have about 99% same bolt spot
Old 12-17-2012, 01:35 PM

besides finding a a person with a evo to purchase the beam from when can I get this beam from? have you found it on any sites?
Injen SRI, UR UICP & LICP, UR 4.5 IC, COBB AP custome stg 2 tune, 3in TBE, Whiteline front strut bar, RRM rear strut bar, tint, roof spoiler, 2.5 turbo compressor outlet pipe, AMS BOV, AMS Boost Pill, TWE Catch Can, Megan Racing Coil Overs

Future Engine and Tranny Mods:
Water Meth Kit
SSP Oil Cooler
Fan for Stock Trans Cooler w/ washable filter

Future Suspension Mods:
Sway Bars
Rear Diff Bushing Kit
Cusco 4 or 5 pt Brace
Front Cross Member
Old 12-17-2012, 02:10 PM
Regional Moderator

Yeah ive bought 2, you can find them on evolution m or evo X forums. I just got the second one... mostly in the part out section.. Or Just post a WTB ad, youll get one.. Its mostly a bitch to find a guy whos gotta box that big and willing to ship.. I paid $125 for the bar and brackets, i got mildly screwed by having to buy them seperate, cuz i didnt know the actual setup until i pulled my bumper... Our RAs have a single piece bar, and the evos have a 3 piece setup, one bar and two brackets, so make sure you get the whole kit...

Im even planning on modifying my extra one to fit my speed6.. We have a huge screwjob of a crashbar on those....
Old 12-17-2012, 02:14 PM

if you do convert over, you should consider a Kozmic Motorsports catch can and Lightweight bracket

I remember talking with them on RA installs, but the RA crash beam/mounts just make it too expensive
Old 12-17-2012, 02:48 PM
Regional Moderator

Ok, heres the poop... Ive had those brackets on back order from SSP for months, they keep giving me BS anwers about the biz splitting up....

And for the costs, id personally just get some generic catch cans.. Theyre really a great idea,but too expensive for my tastes..

Ok, update...l the SSP brackets just showed!! It did take a while, but theyre here... And i like em, the originals are pretty heavy.... So if youre going all out? Grab some.. Its hard to shave weight.

Last edited by Markspd6; 12-17-2012 at 03:38 PM.