ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 10-25-2013, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
Just an FYI for the new guys. I know you are excited about doing mods now that you finally own a Ralliart.

But unless you are going to do an Evo X turbo swap within the next year or less. Stick with the factory air box and simply replace stock filter with a higher flowing after market re usable one.

The reason is that the factory design can flow more air than the stock turbo will EVER be able to use and it provides cooler air from outside our hot engine compartment.

If you do some research you will see dozens of people who have tried all sorts of aftermarket intakes on our cars spent hundreds of dollars having the car run like hell then spending hundreds more trying to get car re tuned to accommodate new intake and in some cases lose horsepower versus stock setup in order to achieve drivability.

This is why if you check the various forums you will always find someone trying to sell off their after market intake and telling you how great it is. If it's so great why is he selling? Usual response is he is selling car, but months later you see he still has it.

Also keep in mind this is the biggest Red Flag for a dealer to take pictures of this in your engine compartment and not tell you this. Then if something goes wrong pictures get sent in and bye bye warranty.

Bottom line unless you are upgrading the turbo and fuel system and will need a substantial increase in airflow. Save your money for exhaust and bigger IC with pipes etc.. instead and reap the benefits.
Affirmative!
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 10-28-2013, 07:44 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra

Very good Advice in here i suggest you follow it. But if you have to have a aftermarket intake. You can get the AEM Intake For Ralliart. It mimics the OEM set up and it does look nicer under the hood.
-Agency Power 50/50 Bov
-Cosworth drop-in filter
-Swift lowering springs
-Borla Catback
-Perrin Hi-flow cat/DP
Old 10-28-2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
Just an FYI for the new guys. I know you are excited about doing mods now that you finally own a Ralliart.

But unless you are going to do an Evo X turbo swap within the next year or less. Stick with the factory air box and simply replace stock filter with a higher flowing after market re usable one.

The reason is that the factory design can flow more air than the stock turbo will EVER be able to use and it provides cooler air from outside our hot engine compartment.

If you do some research you will see dozens of people who have tried all sorts of aftermarket intakes on our cars spent hundreds of dollars having the car run like hell then spending hundreds more trying to get car re tuned to accommodate new intake and in some cases lose horsepower versus stock setup in order to achieve drivability.

This is why if you check the various forums you will always find someone trying to sell off their after market intake and telling you how great it is. If it's so great why is he selling? Usual response is he is selling car, but months later you see he still has it.

Also keep in mind this is the biggest Red Flag for a dealer to take pictures of this in your engine compartment and not tell you this. Then if something goes wrong pictures get sent in and bye bye warranty.

Bottom line unless you are upgrading the turbo and fuel system and will need a substantial increase in airflow. Save your money for exhaust and bigger IC with pipes etc.. instead and reap the benefits.
Listen to this guy!!!! he is telling the truth
Injen SRI, UR UICP & LICP, UR 4.5 IC, COBB AP custome stg 2 tune, 3in TBE, Whiteline front strut bar, RRM rear strut bar, tint, roof spoiler, 2.5 turbo compressor outlet pipe, AMS BOV, AMS Boost Pill, TWE Catch Can, Megan Racing Coil Overs

Future Engine and Tranny Mods:
Water Meth Kit
SSP Oil Cooler
Fan for Stock Trans Cooler w/ washable filter

Future Suspension Mods:
Sway Bars
Rear Diff Bushing Kit
Cusco 4 or 5 pt Brace
Front Cross Member
Old 10-31-2013, 10:14 AM

Thanx for all the advice everybody, I think I'm just gonna for the time being move the battery to the trunk mainly cuz I think it's cool but would like to upgrade the turbo eventually anyway so I'll need the room some day for a different intake. But for now I'll just do the battery and switch out for an evo x inter cooler and uicp and licp