ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 11-04-2013, 03:51 PM

Default lights and engine code P061a

On way home from work it was 19 degrees a milefrom my home the car went into limp mode and turned on the asc service light andtransmission service light also the check engine light on with code po61A. I looked it up and it said something about torque. Bothother lights went off after two restarts and car sitting for a few minutes. I erased the checkengine light code myself. quick test drive seemed ok. The car has 11160 miles and the only after market things are a auto meter boost gauge and subs in the trunk. I just did the sub work over the weekend but think its unrelated and might be the cold since it hasn't been that cold here since I owned the car 4 weeks lol. Its a 2011 ralliart, I looked on here and seen a few people have had a issue with this but I cant seem to find a deff answer. The closet dealer is hours away and is a pain to get in. Any info would be great, I don't thing its a boost gauge leak because the gauge was reading right the whole time.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:41 PM

Sounds like an issue completely different from all of your mods. I recall once I had an issue where I put the wrong value in when flashing. I started my car and got a torque code. Changed the value back and everything was fine.

However, in your case since your car is stock power. Could be A) a hiccup or B) something to be concerned about.

Since the problem fixed itself you should be good. I do recommend taking it in for warranty if it happened again. Even if it means driving some time. They can void warranty if you do not do your due diligence of not bringing it when a issue first comes up. (But they wont know that since you cleared the code) lol.

Good luck!
Old 11-05-2013, 04:28 PM

yeah im thinking it was just a hiccup. I drove it some last night and no issues. I looked under the hood good today and check all the hoses that ive seen in the forum to check for vacuum leaks and what not. I didn't see or hear anything lose or leaking. if it happens ill hafta get it to a dealer. Thanks
Old 12-22-2013, 09:28 PM

They just issued a recall for that. I just purchased a 2011 ralliart and went back to print the carfax out for record and the tsb popped up

Manufacturer recall/service bulletin issued
Recall # C1311W
REFLASH TO CORRECT P061A DTC CONDITION

Take it to a dealer when you have the chance because if they issued it then it could be a problem later and we all know how Mitsubishi acts when it comes to warranties lmao
Old 12-23-2013, 06:59 PM

ok great thanks for the info ill have to contact them and have them look it up with my vin. Im not driving that far for them to tell me I don't need it. This might be my issue but knock on wood it hasn't happened again and It might of been a boost spike from the weather not that un common I guess.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazaidus View Post
They just issued a recall for that. I just purchased a 2011 ralliart and went back to print the carfax out for record and the tsb popped up

Manufacturer recall/service bulletin issued
Recall # C1311W
REFLASH TO CORRECT P061A DTC CONDITION

Take it to a dealer when you have the chance because if they issued it then it could be a problem later and we all know how Mitsubishi acts when it comes to warranties lmao
Do you happen to know which models years this bulletin applies to?
Old 12-25-2013, 03:07 PM

Only info that I can dig up quick

Recall ID # 98727 - POWER TRAIN:MANUAL TRANSMISSION Plus Hide Details

Recall Date:

SEP 19, 2013

Model Affected:

2013 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

Summary:

Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (Mitsubishi) is recalling certain model year 2008-2013 Lancer Evolution vehicles manufactured from December 12, 2007, through March 5, 2013. In the affected vehicles, the clutch master cylinder can fail.

Consequences:

Failure of the clutch master cylinder reduces the ability to shift the vehicle into or out of gear, increasing the risk of a crash.

Remedy:

Mitsubishi will notify owners, and dealers will replace the affected clutch master cylinders free of charge. The recall began on November 12, 2013. Owners may contact Mitsubishi at 1-888-648-7820. Mitsubishi's campaign number for this recall is SR-13-009.

Potential Units Affected:

Notes:

Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2013/...#ixzz2oWiJh5FT
Old 12-30-2013, 12:39 AM

This happened to me also. I'm getting the same p061a code. Calling Mitsu dealer today about it. This has happened on more than one occasion too. I'm wondering if one of the moderators could sticky this. I've searched EvoM and EvoX and there are others that are having this same problem!

Last edited by Nast_Nas; 12-30-2013 at 12:41 AM.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:18 AM

Found the information!! It was released on Dec 19. It affects 08-14 Evo, 09-14 Ralliart, and 09-11 Ralliart Sportback. All cars built before Sept 25 2013. It does have to do with TQ limit threshold. Heres the JPEG please pass the word!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EvoDoc1.jpg (152.4 KB, 26 views)
Old 12-30-2013, 03:36 PM

Great find, ill hafta print it out and bring it to a stealership. like ussal "we" know more than they do abou our cars lol. Thanks again