ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 01-22-2014, 04:38 PM

Default Holy moly helllppp!!

Hey guys bought my rallies last mon 8 days ago yesterday I was driving and my service soon light came on and my awc service light and the car went to limp mode .... I was going 45 then bam all this and had to limp home about a mile . Got home turned car off waited a few restarted and the only light that came on was the service engine light. .. so drove it to dealer today and they have to keep it till tomorrow They said it should be OK and under warranty. .. I'm worried lol the car has 4700 miles.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester57 View Post
Hey guys bought my rallies last mon 8 days ago yesterday I was driving and my service soon light came on and my awc service light and the car went to limp mode .... I was going 45 then bam all this and had to limp home about a mile . Got home turned car off waited a few restarted and the only light that came on was the service engine light. .. so drove it to dealer today and they have to keep it till tomorrow They said it should be OK and under warranty. .. I'm worried lol the car has 4700 miles.
Without the actual trouble code, there isn't much we can do for you.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:15 PM

O OK well do you think I will have to pay for anything I slide on some ice about 30 mins before this happened that's the only thing I could think that pissed the awd off
Old 01-23-2014, 10:22 AM

Default update

It was a sensor and it has a recall so they fixed it omw to pick it up. . They gave me a 2013 Mazda 3 for the day lol its slllooooowwww .
Old 01-23-2014, 11:23 AM

Good thing it wasn't anything major. Pretty low miles to be having problems already.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester57 View Post
It was a sensor and it has a recall so they fixed it omw to pick it up. . They gave me a 2013 Mazda 3 for the day lol its slllooooowwww .
Sensor recall? Can you explain?
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 01-24-2014, 08:39 AM

This just happened to me yesterday I havt an apt. Tuesday.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iralli_iskustvo View Post
Sensor recall? Can you explain?
Yes, please give us more details if you can. This just happened to me on my 2011 Ralliart. I am dropping it off tomorrow, but they said they might not get to it until Monday, which really messes me up with work. They don't do loaner cars, so I'd have to pay to rent a car.

If there is a recall (I'm assuming you're talking about the MAF sensor?), I'd love some official documentation on that to show them.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:29 PM
Administrator

This happened to me in my evo. On a cold, slightly wet day.
It turned out I was over-boosting. Once I turned the car off/on, things were okay.

This sounds like a sensor on the transmission was bad. Glad to see it was covered.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
This happened to me in my evo. On a cold, slightly wet day.
It turned out I was over-boosting. Once I turned the car off/on, things were okay.

This sounds like a sensor on the transmission was bad. Glad to see it was covered.
I live in the suburbs of Philadelphia, and we just got hit with over a foot of snow on Tuesday. I had to drive home from work in it, and there was snow, ice, and salt everywhere. My car sat the rest of the night while it snowed, and I cleared the snow and ice mostly off the next day (ice was caked in the wheel wells too) but did not drive the car on Wednesday.

I then drove it to and from work yesterday (Thursday). The car still had a lot of ice on it because temperatures have been well below freezing consistently. It was when I almost got home last night that I was coming out of a turn, and my car flashed up a warning that I didn't get a chance to fully read but it looked like it was about the ASC or AWC, and my car went into limp mode while throwing the Service Engine Soon light on. It sounded pretty bad, but I got it to the side of the road, turned the car off, and then I turned it back on. The warning was gone (only my constant TPMS sensor warning was on since I have no sensors), but the Service Engine Soon light stayed on. I had been really close to home, so I was able to make it home without limp mode kicking in again.

I checked it this morning, and the SES light was still on. I have a 50 mile round-trip commute to work that is mostly on a turnpike with a lot of construction and barely any places to pull over, especially with the snow. I was a little nervous to take my car in case limp mode kicked in while cruising down the highway. Luckily, I was able to borrow a car for the day, but I won't be able to do that again.

My car has almost 33,000 miles on it, and my only "mods" are a cat-back exhaust, a drop-in panel air filter, and new wheels.