ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 04-18-2014, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsabaki View Post
OK, here is my story and take on this for what little it is worth...........

2009 Ralliart I bought the car used with 36,000 on her, odd thing is its a 2009 but the SST only has the 2 drain plugs.

At 40,000 miles I serviced the SST with a new filter and moved to FFL-2 fluid, at 58,000 changed the filter and moved to FFL-3.

Now at 70,000 miles and about to change the filter and move BACK to SSTF Diaqueen fluid. I will post my feelings after a few weeks of driving to saturate the clutch materials with the OE fluids.

Chris
Slightly off topic, but not much.

I also have a 2009, I am the original owner, regular service, always Diaqueen, I have never had any issues with the SST, or timing chain, and the car is full bolt-on + tune.

I wonder if they altered something from the original production specs.

My car is also one of the earlier production #'s ... seems to be quite a solid car to me, 5 years going, zero issues, fully modified minus turbo swap.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMITON1 View Post
Slightly off topic, but not much.

I also have a 2009, I am the original owner, regular service, always Diaqueen, I have never had any issues with the SST, or timing chain, and the car is full bolt-on + tune.

I wonder if they altered something from the original production specs.

My car is also one of the earlier production #'s ... seems to be quite a solid car to me, 5 years going, zero issues, fully modified minus turbo swap.
My car production date is 12/08 so fairly early build too. Does ur SST have the 2 or 3 drain plugs in the bottom???

Chris

Beeble tuned, Magnaflow and turboxs, turbo back exhaust, k&n SRI, Forge BOV,Tinted lights, Depo intercooler and pipes, RRM spring and KYB struts, Whiteline diff mounts.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsabaki View Post
OK, here is my story and take on this for what little it is worth...........

2009 Ralliart I bought the car used with 36,000 on her, odd thing is its a 2009 but the SST only has the 2 drain plugs.

At 40,000 miles I serviced the SST with a new filter and moved to FFL-2 fluid, at 58,000 changed the filter and moved to FFL-3.

Now at 70,000 miles and about to change the filter and move BACK to SSTF Diaqueen fluid. I will post my feelings after a few weeks of driving to saturate the clutch materials with the OE fluids.

Chris
Did you switch back to the Diaqueen? I'm curious to see if you noticed any difference between the 3 fluids.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:15 PM

Default Anyone out there?

Wondering if anyone came to a consensus on whats ok to run? Will ffl-2 and audi/volvo stuff fry our board thats sitting inside the liquid? Seems everyone was finding ffl-2 to be ok, maybe now people have had enough time to know if it'll "fry" the board.

About to do this whole procedure now, I'm skeptical though because of the missing levels of phosphorus ffl-2 and other substitutes supposedly don't have.
diaqueen only?

HELP!
Old 10-15-2014, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by So-Cal View Post
Wondering if anyone came to a consensus on whats ok to run? Will ffl-2 and audi/volvo stuff fry our board thats sitting inside the liquid? Seems everyone was finding ffl-2 to be ok, maybe now people have had enough time to know if it'll "fry" the board.

About to do this whole procedure now, I'm skeptical though because of the missing levels of phosphorus ffl-2 and other substitutes supposedly don't have.
diaqueen only?

HELP!
If your skeptical then just run Diaqueen...

If i still had my RA i would have switched back to Diaqueen.

zeRep
Old 10-15-2014, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeRep85 View Post
If your skeptical then just run Diaqueen...

If i still had my RA i would have switched back to Diaqueen.

zeRep
+1 to switching back to Diaqeen!

I still have my 2009 RA and yes I have switched back to Diaqeen. Now that there are sources to order the proper fluid at a competitive price there no reason not to run the proper fluid. Just don't forget to order a filter.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:30 AM
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by So-Cal View Post

diaqueen only?

HELP!
Not nuch concensus really, but if you wanna play it safe you know the answer, go OEM. The ersosion might take quite a while, so i wouldnt expect a real answer quickly..

minimal partial rolls $60(no tab grinding)

So cal fender roller rental $10 per day(3 day min) with $200 cash deposit. Includes Eastwood fender roller, heat gun and heavyweight carry bag.