ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Drivetrain
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeRep85 View Post
Hard to believe, when razorlab (bryan) ran this in his SB400 for quite some time with no issues.. :/

zeRep
It helps when you understand what you are talking about. Not knowing what fluids are safe even after a huge expose' on this site and EvolutionM is your problem.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maj3st1k View Post
Why dont people just stick with stock fluid for peace of mind? Thats what im planning to do.
If you still don't feel safe picking a readily available and BETTER alternative to stock with hundreds of thousands of logged miles on many different cars the world over, feel free to stick with your stock fluid.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:36 AM

Just FYI: Jacks transmission is not the go to for all SST info. Its just a guy that says, after running different fluids they go by feel and not scientific results.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:37 AM

I should probably clarify what I mean:

1). SSP Gold is FFL-2 type fluid. Jack's said that that works just fine. If you want Gold fluid for less than what SSP or anyone else sells it for, go to your local Audi dealer and get DSG fluid. You will notice that it is gold in color.

2). I noticed that my RA ran better with the DSG fluid. I ran it for thousands of miles before my car was written off. No slow down lights. Nothing. The cars do like this fluid. Many people run this stuff and don't post online about it. I should have kept my mouth shut and sold it. The stuff is awesome.

3). There were a couple of threads posted about running straight Pentosin FFL-2. I have no experience with the raw fluid formulation. I never bought any to do testing with, so that is really what is experimental. I think that people are grouping all fluids together, and that is not accurate information. The TC-SST can and will run properly with upgraded fluid. Those on the fence about running new stuff, do what I did. Get the DSG fluid. Do not let this thread scare you away from trying something new. That was not the intention of Jack's. They are a great shop, and they do great work. The transmissions that I have seen sent there come back flawlessly, and most if not all of them got DSG/SSP Gold fluid. That is an upgrade over stock.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crak View Post
Just FYI: Jacks transmission is not the go to for all SST info. Its just a guy that says, after running different fluids they go by feel and not scientific results.
That is exactly what I didn't want this to turn into. They know their stuff. I believe that the intent of this information was mishandled and misunderstood.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cetme View Post
^^^ That's what I'm doin! Why risk a $10,000 tyranny to save $100? It doesn't make sense to me.
Where are you purchasing your Diaqueen?
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 07-26-2013, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFSLancerRA View Post

1). SSP Gold is FFL-2 type fluid. Jack's said that that works just fine. If you want Gold fluid for less than what SSP or anyone else sells it for, go to your local Audi dealer and get DSG fluid. You will notice that it is gold in color.

2). I noticed that my RA ran better with the DSG fluid. I ran it for thousands of miles before my car was written off. No slow down lights. Nothing. The cars do like this fluid. Many people run this stuff and don't post online about it. I should have kept my mouth shut and sold it. The stuff is awesome.

3). There were a couple of threads posted about running straight Pentosin FFL-2. I have no experience with the raw fluid formulation. I never bought any to do testing with, so that is really what is experimental. I think that people are grouping all fluids together, and that is not accurate information. The TC-SST can and will run properly with upgraded fluid. Those on the fence about running new stuff, do what I did. Get the DSG fluid. Do not let this thread scare you away from trying something new. That was not the intention of Jack's. They are a great shop, and they do great work. The transmissions that I have seen sent there come back flawlessly, and most if not all of them got DSG/SSP Gold fluid. That is an upgrade over stock.
You had DSG fluid in your RA correct? Was it this exact same fluid: Audi/ VW DSG fluid part No. G 052 529 A2? I believe Oreilly and Autozone have them as well. Is there a better price for this fluid somewhere else?
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 07-26-2013, 06:33 PM

I ran ffl 2 since I drain the dia-queen at 16000and changed the filter....now I'm at 21200 miles with no issues...I will redo the drain and fill @ about 30000 just to keep it clean...after that then it'll be 60000 miles swap...

Phase 1
[X] Cosworth Drop-In
[X] UR Full Catback Exhaust
[X] UR Upper ICP
[X] UR Lower ICP
[X] Evo X FMIC
[X] Evo X BOV

Phase 2 - Breaks
Old 07-26-2013, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFSLancerRA View Post

What he said I completely agree!

Phase 1
[X] Cosworth Drop-In
[X] UR Full Catback Exhaust
[X] UR Upper ICP
[X] UR Lower ICP
[X] Evo X FMIC
[X] Evo X BOV

Phase 2 - Breaks
Old 07-27-2013, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliNurse View Post
I ran ffl 2 since I drain the dia-queen at 16000and changed the filter....now I'm at 21200 miles with no issues...I will redo the drain and fill @ about 30000 just to keep it clean...after that then it'll be 60000 miles swap...
So you are sticking with the FFL-2 fluid on your next tranny fluid change? What is the exact part number of the FFL-2 fluid you are using?

Tuned by TJ