ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 08-11-2015, 05:24 PM

Default Exhaust system Help

Looking to upgrade to a performance exhaust system. .
Guess what I need to know is if I go turbo back is a tune necessary as to only a cat back exhaust system ?

And what about intake, I'm new to the turbo game and the rule to thumb. .
Old 08-11-2015, 06:19 PM

Technically? No. Your ECU will compensate for the lack in back pressure; however, our turbos are so small that you don't really get any restriction from the downpipe on the stock turbo so replacing that is almost a moot point unless you're going for big power/don't mind throwing a code. Techincally you SHOULD get a tune with every bolt on, but we're all realistic here. Haha.

Grabbing a high flow cat/test pipe, again if you don't mind throwing a code with the test pipe, and a cat back seems to be the way to go on the stock turbo. I believe I read somewhere that the stock exhaust is good up to 277whp, but don't quote me on that.

But, that's just my .02. I'm sure there are other opinions as well.
Old 08-12-2015, 01:27 AM

Thanks! Definitely don't want any codes/check engine light..
I'm not looking for much, I was thinking exhaust,intake,chip just for now. looking for the best option/route for this setup.. oh and is a bov upgrade needed with this type of setup?
Old 08-12-2015, 03:34 AM

Again, just my understanding of these cars which is by no means omniscient, but there are some better options for the money for these cars.

For instance, intakes in general are pretty much useless on a mostly stock vehicle. You will see little to no gain, and sometimes even loss, from an intake and these cars WILL NOT run properly without a tune on an aftermarket intake. The best thing you can do for the ralliart is get a high flow drop in filter. You might notice a very small amount of increased throttle response, or not, but it does make the turbo much easier to hear spooling which is fun.

If you're going to be doing anything with the computer at all, have it be a real tune. Whether you go with a protune for $500, which is the best route, or use one of GSTs free base maps, and just lead your mods in the direction they desire you to. Those maps can be found here:

http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-...t-basemap.html

Just be very careful saving ROMs to your ECU. Make sure you do research before you make an attempt. And you'll need a Tactrix cable, or equivalent, to do it. (Sorry, not sure how much you know so I figured I'd say everything.)

And last but not least, a BOV isn't needed for this setup; however, the Ralliarts stock BOV really, really sucks. It's a tiny piece of crappy plastic. It's a really good idea, for maintaining boost levels properly, to upgrade it to either the stock Evo BPV, or get an aftermarket one. Just remember as cool as the stutututu is, these cars need to have recirculation especially for the SST, for reasons unknown to me, but the ECU is expecting it. Do not buy a single port BOV that vents to atmosphere or you'll be doing yourself a diservice down the road. Unless of course, again, you're just going to have it protuned.

When I get to work, I'll send ya a link from evolutionm.net that has a really great write up about where to start on these cars and why. It made me rethink my entire build idea.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:03 AM

http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-...g-your-ra.html
Old 08-12-2015, 09:32 AM

Good shit, Thanks again

Q if i go with exhaust system with high flow cat will it trip check engine light?

And the bov stock for evo x will i need to program or just bolt on n go
Old 08-12-2015, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxChaser326 View Post
Good shit, Thanks again

Q if i go with exhaust system with high flow cat will it trip check engine light?

And the bov stock for evo x will i need to program or just bolt on n go
depends on the "flow"

Some do some dont.

bolt and go...you are just replacing so it doesnt leak and hold the boost (plastic vs metal)...you arent really changing anything....

Where are you located?

z
E
R
E
p
Old 08-12-2015, 11:52 PM

If your not changing your turbo. U just need to change your muffler to hi flow. Or do a muffler delete, and maybe a test pipe. No need to waste money on a big exhaust if your not gonna change the turbo.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:10 AM

Talking

Westchester County New York, ,
Thanks for the feedback guys! Just look for reliable and safe gains nothing to the limit...
Old 08-13-2015, 04:29 PM

I'm only a couple of hours from Westchester. If you ever need any help or just wanna cruise. Let me know.