ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 01-25-2014, 11:40 AM

I found this a little surprising.

I checked my car again last, and the SES light was still on. I took it for a short spin, and it didn't go into limp mode at all, but the light stayed on. Then this morning I changed out my drop-in filter back to the stock one that I had kept when I first changed it (like 15,000+ miles ago). I got in, turned the car on, and the light was gone. I took it out for a decent drive to test it. I drove it all sorts of ways, slow, fast, took turns at all different speeds, and the light never came back on.

Can they check the codes even after they go away? And if so, does anyone know if there is a limit to how far back they can check? I need to take my car in for a pretty large maintenance service soon anyway. I figured when I did that, I can ask them to check what the code was if that's possible. Right now, I'm leaning toward something with the MAF sensor.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:32 PM

Dealer said it was a torque sensor in the awd and when I slid on ice I spun all 4 tired and the car freaked so they reprogram the sensor and it was all good .. and dealers have retails don't let them tell u that if u are under warranty u run the show on a recall. Got a 2013 Mazda for the day and a car wash ...