ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 01-23-2014, 02:34 AM

Default End of the Line for Ralliart?

I was texted by a fellow Ralliart owner today that was told by the General Manager of one of the local Mitsubishi Dealerships here that there will not be a 2015 Ralliart.

His car got into an accident and it might be written off and was thinking well that his is a 2009 and he loves the car so he might as well upgrade to a 2014. That's when he was told that the dealership was getting a limited number of Ralliarts this year and this was the final year of production.

Has anybody else heard anything about this or is this just BS?

Another thing I noticed today is that Modern Automotive Performance AKA MAP has redesigned their website and that they no longer have Ralliart as one of the models showing on their Home page. Even if you do the drop down boxes by picking Mitsubishi as manufacturer then under model there isn't even Ralliart listed now. What pisses me off more is the fact they have Starion still listed as a model supported.

How many of you even know what a Starion is or even know someone who owns one? I have been a Mitsubishi fan now going on 6 years now and I only know of 1 person that owns one because the car is ancient and I'm am old guy that knows lots of car people.

My point is maybe this is related? I would like to know what other people have heard.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:09 AM

I know Ralliart, as in Mitsubishi's Motorsport section shutdown in early 2010 due to the economy. Maybe this is the last Lancer Ralliart because they just had some sort of contract for it to last until the next Evolution appears. I'm almost positive that Ralliart Motorsport part didn't have anything to do with this model, but more in just a badge slapped on.

Nonetheless, makes me
Ultimate Racing TBE
Ultimate Racing U/LICP
Grimmspeed EBC
Tuned by Kaizen
Old 01-23-2014, 07:50 AM

The model is getting old... I believe they will also stop producing the EVO until their new model comes out.

Mitsubishi has an eco focus, not a performance focus... has been that way for awhile now.

Just be happy you got one while you could.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:12 AM

Unfortunately this is highly likely. Rumors about the RAs demise have been circulating dealers in my neck of the woods since last year. That was part of my motivation to upgrade my previous RA to a 2013 model. Little did I know the 2014 would be released only a couple of months after that. I really wanted the last model year of this vintage Thankfully the only real change between the 13 and 14 is the touchscreen on the radio. ECUs even has the same # via EcuFlash.

Hopefully the RA will be only gone for a few years, and will come back as it did back between 2006-2009.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:50 AM

Supposedly 2014 is the last year for both the Evo X and Ralliart. What comes after that is still uncertain, I guess it depends on what approach Mitsubishi will take with the Evo XI if that ever comes to fruition.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:18 AM

I believe it's true as I've read that we should have a completely new Lancer for 2015.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
I was texted by a fellow Ralliart owner today that was told by the General Manager of one of the local Mitsubishi Dealerships here that there will not be a 2015 Ralliart.

His car got into an accident and it might be written off and was thinking well that his is a 2009 and he loves the car so he might as well upgrade to a 2014. That's when he was told that the dealership was getting a limited number of Ralliarts this year and this was the final year of production.

Has anybody else heard anything about this or is this just BS?

Another thing I noticed today is that Modern Automotive Performance AKA MAP has redesigned their website and that they no longer have Ralliart as one of the models showing on their Home page. Even if you do the drop down boxes by picking Mitsubishi as manufacturer then under model there isn't even Ralliart listed now. What pisses me off more is the fact they have Starion still listed as a model supported.

How many of you even know what a Starion is or even know someone who owns one? I have been a Mitsubishi fan now going on 6 years now and I only know of 1 person that owns one because the car is ancient and I'm am old guy that knows lots of car people.

My point is maybe this is related? I would like to know what other people have heard.
I think that info might be true Jackal. Unfortunately. I would love for Mitsu make a new cool design for Lancers/RA/Evo's. Hopefully it wont be as bad as the new WRX concept. A copy cat of the Evo X. Gay.

Starion is a classic! Reminds me alot of Chrysler/Dodge Conquest which had the same body etc.
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 01-24-2014, 05:50 AM

http://www.autonews.com/article/2013...#axzz2rE4BezXn

seems to point that way according to the article

-GST basemap
-AMS boostpill
-Works Highflow Drop in air filter
-EVO X BPV
-UR UICP
Old 04-15-2015, 03:19 PM

Hey I'm new to this forum stuff and the ralliart game.i know this was posted over a year ago,but mitsubishi did come out with a 2015 ralliart and it will b the last year for the ralliart.