ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Show and Shine
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2011, 02:18 PM

Default Question about wings

First post here greetings everyone!

Picked up my '11' Tarmac Black Ralliart on Jan 31st, only had 212 miles on it and 60 of those were my test drive.

Anyway I have a quick question regarding rear wings. Mine came with the touring package and as such they take off the rear wing and replace it with a lip spoiler. I kinda like the look of the stock wing and was looking at taking off the lip spoiler and ordering the factory one. Talked to the dealership and they told me the factory wing won't fit on a ralliart and that the lip spoiler won't just pop off cause it uses screws to attach. After browsing the forums and seeing quite a few pics of ralliarts with the stock wing I'm convinced the dealership (or at least the guy I talked to) doesn't know what he's talking about but I thought I'd ask here. So first can I put a stock wing on my ralliart? And second can anyone that has removed the lip spoiler confirm that they use screws to mount it and not just tape?
Old 03-07-2011, 02:24 PM

you can obviously install the factory one. youll need to drill 6 or so holes but its doable. and im not quite sure on the lip thats there. id keep the lip if i were you, way more clean and classy. im so fed up with the wing that im actually removing mine. pretty much every lancer on the road has it and ive just grown old of it. just my opinion though!

Smoked Lights, Vortex Generator, Red Mitsu Logos, XXR 522 18x9.5 et38, Falken fk452 235/40/18, Rally Armor Mudflaps, UR Cat Back, UR High Flow Cat, UR Downpipe, Ur UICP, AMS Intercooler, Defi Racer Boost Gauge, Defi Racer Oil Temperature Gauge, Eibach Sportlines, Rexpeed CF Hood Dampers, Rexpeed A-Pillar Gauge Pod, Rexpeed CF Duckbill Lip Spoiler
Old 03-07-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralliart23 View Post
you can obviously install the factory one. youll need to drill 6 or so holes but its doable. and im not quite sure on the lip thats there. id keep the lip if i were you, way more clean and classy. im so fed up with the wing that im actually removing mine. pretty much every lancer on the road has it and ive just grown old of it. just my opinion though!
ehh yea i took mine off for about 3 months i was feeling the same way....

after those three months i started to realize that the car lost alot of its "sportiness" and the car started to look plain.

i would deff get the wing.....better yet get the SSS wing
Old 03-07-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseRalli View Post
ehh yea i took mine off for about 3 months i was feeling the same way....

after those three months i started to realize that the car lost alot of its "sportiness" and the car started to look plain.

i would deff get the wing.....better yet get the SSS wing
i dont know man, your avatar picture without the wing looks pretty badass. especially on a WW with blacked out front nose

Smoked Lights, Vortex Generator, Red Mitsu Logos, XXR 522 18x9.5 et38, Falken fk452 235/40/18, Rally Armor Mudflaps, UR Cat Back, UR High Flow Cat, UR Downpipe, Ur UICP, AMS Intercooler, Defi Racer Boost Gauge, Defi Racer Oil Temperature Gauge, Eibach Sportlines, Rexpeed CF Hood Dampers, Rexpeed A-Pillar Gauge Pod, Rexpeed CF Duckbill Lip Spoiler
Old 03-07-2011, 11:20 PM

I love the look of our cars and the stock wing completes the look. Beats how DumbAss the Evo X looks with its high wing that completely sits right in the middle of your line of sight out the back window. LOL !

Last edited by Jackal; 03-08-2011 at 06:10 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:55 AM

I will trade you trunks. I have a Tarmac Black 2009 Ralliart with the stock wing. I would love to be rid of it. I am dead serious about this swap. Let me know.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider1978 View Post
First post here greetings everyone!

Picked up my '11' Tarmac Black Ralliart on Jan 31st, only had 212 miles on it and 60 of those were my test drive.

Anyway I have a quick question regarding rear wings. Mine came with the touring package and as such they take off the rear wing and replace it with a lip spoiler. I kinda like the look of the stock wing and was looking at taking off the lip spoiler and ordering the factory one. Talked to the dealership and they told me the factory wing won't fit on a ralliart and that the lip spoiler won't just pop off cause it uses screws to attach. After browsing the forums and seeing quite a few pics of ralliarts with the stock wing I'm convinced the dealership (or at least the guy I talked to) doesn't know what he's talking about but I thought I'd ask here. So first can I put a stock wing on my ralliart? And second can anyone that has removed the lip spoiler confirm that they use screws to mount it and not just tape?
you can put the wing on the ralliart and I have a extra tarmac black ralliart wing if you want to buy it. pm.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:04 PM

Yes, if properly installed, the lip spoiler is actually mounted via bolt in the middle.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:03 AM

I like the look of the SSS wing but I was talking with some friends and I think I'm gonna hold off for a bit before I do anything. Thanks all for the info.