ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Show and Shine
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane11RA View Post
Why would you want to spend thousands on a bumper ? Oh that's right, some kids want body kits instead of power kits.
Ah yes, because swapping out the front bumper with a Malaysian bumper will prevent me from doing any performance modifications to my car.

Last edited by ever12; 05-26-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
I think you underestimate the opening difference as far as an open area. Those two pics are scaled and lined up perfectly. Look at the difference.....
Thanks for posting/photoshopping the comparison. It seems most of the blockage on the Inspira bumper comes from the side areas which wouldn't restrict too much flow to the fmic, but perhaps it would restrict air going to the SST cooler. But again, this might be made up for by the larger fog light ducts on the Inspira bumper. I believe the performance difference would be negligible, if any. Not expecting everyone to like the bumper swapping proposal... just putting it out there that it can be done and wondering if anyone had any leads as to how to obtain one.

Last edited by ever12; 08-10-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ever12 View Post
Ah yes, because swapping out the front bumper with a $200 Malaysian bumper will prevent me from doing any performance modifications to my car.
Yo it's your money Vin, do whatever you want.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane11RA View Post
Yo it's your money Vin, do whatever you want.
Switching oem bumpers warrants a fast and furious reference? But yes, it is my money.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ever12 View Post
Switching oem bumpers warrants a fast and furious reference? But yes, it is my money.
I don't think anyone here is bashing you at all. Everyone is just joking. Most are probably going to have the same opinion as I do, in that I don't know what you gain from this. I would be willing to bet that 95% of the people that see that front end on your car is going to think it's some cheap body kit. It's not like the car you are wanting to swap the bumper for is an equal model or a better model. It is an obscure, rebranded NA lancer bumper. I could see if it looked better or performed better or even made an enthusiast go "OOh, look at that". But I think that almost everyone that sees that bumper on your RA will have the same reaction that they would to someone with an Evo X putting a DE lancer bumper on their car. Again, no one is bashing you. It's just one of those obscure ideas with such a little benefit, that you have to be able to handle people who love our cars questioning what you are thinking. But please don't let anyone deter you from doing what you want to do. Just don't sit there and scratch your head when people give you the opinion that you asked for. I actually like that bumper better than the base lancer bumper, and if you had a base lancer, I would think it was a great idea. Since you have an RA, not so much....
Old 08-11-2012, 01:44 PM

I didn’t consider everyone to be bashing me, in fact I thanked you for posting the comparison. I appreciate the discussion, just responding to a specific sarcastic remark with another sarcastic remark.

My main motivation to do this would be for uniqueness. As it is, most people see my sportback and can’t tell what kind of car it is until looking at the front. Thought it might be cool just to do something different to set my RA apart from the legions of RAs that will be at MOD this year as well. I would say the look of the Inspira bumper itself is subjective. Some may think it is a cheap body kit as you say, but I think it looks more subdued and mature than my RA front, which appeals to me. Plus, I could sell my RA front bumper to a base Lancer owner and break even when it is said and done. As for the form vs. function argument, perhaps it may restrict air flow a slight bit, but if the difference is minor it would not bother me too much. JRox has the nicest RA I’ve ever seen, but admittedly he chose a bit more form than function with his wheel and camber set up. Again, hope no one thinks I’m getting bent out of shape. I’m not one of those guys.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:46 AM

here hit them up they have in stock
https://www.facebook.com/nextlevelautosport

and they in US too
Old 10-22-2012, 01:32 PM

I went ahead and placed an order for this bumper. Looking at that comparison of the RA vs Inspira bumpers again, it seems as if the Inspira bumper would allow for more airflow as the vertical opening is larger. The horizontal opening is smaller, but this would not matter as it is not small enough that is it is blocking the fmic from the sides. A smaller horizontal opening might actually help as there is less air entering areas that are not the fmic itself, thus creating less drag.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to OherrOderr

I honestly cant wait to see it on your RA SB with the fender flares. I think it'll look cool