ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 01-27-2013, 09:51 PM

Default Turboback exhaust codes?

Well my parents decided to buy me a turboxs exhaust for my birthday coming up on the 30th. I've already bought the turbo xs down pipe and will probably buy the turboxs test pipe or high flow cat probably within this week or so. I was wondering that if I do this...will it throw me any codes? I would hate having to take it to the mitsu dealer (which is far away) for them to get rid of it....anybody know this from experience? Thanks in advance
Old 01-28-2013, 12:36 AM

yea it will youll have engine light as long as you got it, i have turbo xs turbo back on mine but i got it tuned at Road Race, so no more lights anymore but youll get them.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savtej23 View Post
Well my parents decided to buy me a turboxs exhaust for my birthday coming up on the 30th. I've already bought the turbo xs down pipe and will probably buy the turboxs test pipe or high flow cat probably within this week or so. I was wondering that if I do this...will it throw me any codes? I would hate having to take it to the mitsu dealer (which is far away) for them to get rid of it....anybody know this from experience? Thanks in advance
First and foremost.... Never put mods on and go to the dealer.. That's just asking to be blacklisted.... Some Dealerships are Mod friendly and MOST aren't.

The TP is the reason why you would get a CEL........Some get away with it and some don't but you can but a o2 Sim/Defouler and you'll be fine. Worse case, you would have to get a tuner to disable to codes permanantly by either Tuning the car or just Disabling the Code.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:41 PM

Default Thankkk youuu!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKennyBody View Post
First and foremost.... Never put mods on and go to the dealer.. That's just asking to be blacklisted.... Some Dealerships are Mod friendly and MOST aren't.

The TP is the reason why you would get a CEL........Some get away with it and some don't but you can but a o2 Sim/Defouler and you'll be fine. Worse case, you would have to get a tuner to disable to codes permanantly by either Tuning the car or just Disabling the Code.
Thanks man....I was looking on the AMS website and I found this http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/A...or-Spacer.html

I'll order that O2 sim just incase I get codes when install it.....appreciate the help!
Old 01-28-2013, 08:07 PM

You can get rid of the code BUT you still need to get properly tuned. And usually when dealers see an aftermarket turboback, well you are toast.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane11RA View Post
You can get rid of the code BUT you still need to get properly tuned. And usually when dealers see an aftermarket turboback, well you are toast.
Is a tune completely necessary? I got my RalliArt 2 months ago and wasn't planning on getting it tuned until later this summer...
Old 01-30-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savtej23 View Post
Is a tune completely necessary? I got my RalliArt 2 months ago and wasn't planning on getting it tuned until later this summer...
its not needed immediately, its just suggested to get one so that you can get the most performance of your exhaust.
DW35c Fuel pump
Evo X Turbo,Fmic,DV
FIC 900
Grimmspeed 3port EBCS
UR CBE, UICP, LICP
Old 02-09-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by total0wnage View Post
its not needed immediately, its just suggested to get one so that you can get the most performance of your exhaust.
I actually got my exhaust today and the Vibrant Performance 02 Sensor Spacer. Took forever for it to come but i finally got it! Now i was wondering....since I have the turboxs downpipe and test pipe....which size hole should i go with? There are 3 holes. Ones small, ones medium size, and ones large. I don't know which one to use

Holes can be seen here : http://www.lancershop.com/customer/p...8&bestseller=Y
Old 02-09-2013, 04:08 PM

Whichever one works for you is the one you want :-) Try the middle one and go from there.

Mike W
Old 02-12-2013, 01:36 PM

I always go with the smallest hole. It's usually the tightest!

Tags
catback, codes, exhaust, turboback, turboxs