ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 03-21-2011, 06:35 PM

Default megan coilover?

So ive been looking to improve on my suspension.Currently i have teion s tech springs on stock struts(im aware not the best) and ive been looking to put coilovers on.Unfortunitly the only sets ive found for ralliarts specifically have been super expensive like 1900.00.Anyways yesterday I found megan coilovers for lancer gts.Ive read that they will fit and for the price they seem like a good idea.Has anyone used them?They seem like theyll do everything I want them to, but its still a lot of cash to drop on something that no one has tested out yet

http://www.lancershop.com/customer/p...cat=226&page=1
Old 03-21-2011, 10:07 PM

They will work toomuchboost on here has them on

Mods:Evo X turbo, RallInspired Tune, Magnaflow Catback, GM 3-port, Xtremeboost O2 Dump, UR Test Pipe, UR SRI, Depo UICP-LICP, AMS FMIC, Synapse Diverter Valve, SSP Inline Filter, SSP Tranny Cooler, SSP Clutch Packs, Tein S-specs, Apexi L.E. Turbo Timer, Seibon CF CW-style hood, CF Duluck Trunk, Gold Evo X Wheels w/ all four corners rolled, AEM Boost Gauge, AEM Wideband with A Pillar Gauge Pods, Evo X fender vents.

Future Mods:E-85 Tune, RallInspired Fuel Pump and CF Roof Wrap.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:20 AM

Send a message via AIM to blkside Send a message via Yahoo to blkside

There are a lot of people moving to Megan now. They heard the backlash from their less than stellar performing suspension pieces and are making a very good quality/low cost part. I have a few Evo guys that track them consistently.

Ask yourself a couple of things though.
Are you going to track?
Are you going to be needing 30 levels of adjustability?
Is it a DD where comfort is a concern?

If this is a DD and you arent going to track and its just a DD you wanna drop and pick up a little performance than Megan,Eibach Pro Street S and a few others are fine. If you plan to be a track whore and do it quite frequently than you might want to hold off and save for some expensive pieces, JIC,KW Eibach Pro R2, Ohlins or Motons.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:10 AM

We always thought the Megan Racing coil overs looked _exactly_ like the Apexi N-1 dampers. Then one day we got a set of Megan RAcing coil overs with Apexi adjuster knobs :-P Megan gets a bad rep a lot of times for being Taiwanese made. At least they price their stuff like it is made in Taiwan. It is the "Japanese" companies that charge "Japanese" prices for Taiwanese or mainland Chinese parts that you need to be all mad at.

I like dealing with Megan Racing since they are local to us. They have a real office and shop with real people to talk to. The few times we have had problems with a Megan part, we called or went there. They listened, seemed to really care and took action to fix the problem for us and for the future.

About 80% of the potential adjustments that coil overs can be set at are totally wrong and can damage things. Another 10% of the possibilities are wrong but wont hurt anything. The final 5-10% correct range you could/should be playing in is very narrow. Most people you see with problems with cheaper coil overs are self inflicted. The average baller that lays out $4500 for Ohlins will prolly also have them professionally setup. The average punk that can scrape together $900 for Megans or Buddy Clubs is going to start screwing with them hims self. And crank them as low as he can too for fun.

I can smash any Megan Racing price you can dig up. Install and setup for Megan Racing coilovers is $350 including a 4 wheel alignment.

Mike W
Old 03-22-2011, 07:54 AM

Default re

Mike that is a very good offer..I would love to come down to ur shop and have you guys set them up for me.I currently have the money to pick up the coilovers but I need to get some new tires and save up some extra cash for you to set them.pm me a quote when you can.I'm thinking that within next few weeks I should be able to do this.pending on how much some tires are gonna cost me.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeW-RRE View Post
We always thought the Megan Racing coil overs looked _exactly_ like the Apexi N-1 dampers. Then one day we got a set of Megan RAcing coil overs with Apexi adjuster knobs :-P Megan gets a bad rep a lot of times for being Taiwanese made. At least they price their stuff like it is made in Taiwan. It is the "Japanese" companies that charge "Japanese" prices for Taiwanese or mainland Chinese parts that you need to be all mad at.

I like dealing with Megan Racing since they are local to us. They have a real office and shop with real people to talk to. The few times we have had problems with a Megan part, we called or went there. They listened, seemed to really care and took action to fix the problem for us and for the future.

About 80% of the potential adjustments that coil overs can be set at are totally wrong and can damage things. Another 10% of the possibilities are wrong but wont hurt anything. The final 5-10% correct range you could/should be playing in is very narrow. Most people you see with problems with cheaper coil overs are self inflicted. The average baller that lays out $4500 for Ohlins will prolly also have them professionally setup. The average punk that can scrape together $900 for Megans or Buddy Clubs is going to start screwing with them hims self. And crank them as low as he can too for fun.

I can smash any Megan Racing price you can dig up. Install and setup for Megan Racing coilovers is $350 including a 4 wheel alignment.

Mike W
I was leaning more towards getting a set of coilovers anyway rather than using lowering springs on the stock shocks/struts. Megan was the first set I was researching but I decided to not consider them due to the bad rep they have been getting by the RA/EVO owners.

All I'm looking for is a set of coilovers for everyday driving and the occasional spirited drive but on actual roads, not the track or off-road driving. I love the fact that I can set coilovers to whatever height I want rather than only having one option with a set of springs. Combine these with a good set of front and rear swaybars and a rear strut bar, and you'll have a car that drives on rails for practical everyday driving.

So here's my question... regardless of the brand (provided they're name-brand probably), as long as they're properly set up and used for their exact purpose (i.e., if you buy street coilovers don't use them on the track everyday), there shouldn't be any real problems?
Old 03-22-2011, 08:42 AM

Default street driving

I've used coilovers on a lot of my cars.an integra, s13, srt 4,and all of them were installed by me and set by me.I had no problems with them.I used all the cars as a DD with very spirited driving.I too like the option of adjusting ride height to my needs.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

I have seen Evo VIII on megan coilovers & did great @ autox.
On 20" rims with falken street tires. lol.
I got to ride along & he was a great driver. Very smooth & fast.
Mike W is right.. All depends on the setup.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:14 AM

interesting. how much of a difference is the Megan Racing coilovers vs the eibach prokit spring????? was going to head over to rre to get them installed today
Old 03-22-2011, 11:50 AM

the gts suspension is the same.... but if you do the coilovers made for the GTS you will blow out the rear is matter of months if you drive hard daily... i know i have test fitted them for megan... the weight of the RA is much heavier then the GTS and i took them out in 3 months.... auto x it 2 times only... megan has not made a coilover for the RA yet... we are still working on it...