ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 02-17-2011, 06:28 PM

Default Stephen out of MD

What's up I'm from MD which sucks for any help with tuning a RA or any Mitsubishi for that matter cuz there's no shop here that tunes them, atleast none I can find. Anyway bought a 2011 RA a few weeks ago, completely stock, was thinking about buying a turbosmart bov to start with good idea or bad idea? And if anyone has or had one and has problems with it can they let me know asap
Old 02-17-2011, 06:39 PM

Welcome to the club...no pic = u don't have the car

Bov is not a immdiate upgarde...

If u r looking for first upgrade it'll be either...

1. Catback from ur or ams
2. Fmic from evo x
3. Uicp and licp...

Start w/ these bolt ons then move to perferably evo x/9 bov...
Old 02-17-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliNurse View Post
Welcome to the club...no pic = u don't have the car

Bov is not a immdiate upgarde...

If u r looking for first upgrade it'll be either...

1. Catback from ur or ams
2. Fmic from evo x
3. Uicp and licp...

Start w/ these bolt ons then move to perferably evo x/9 bov...
No pic = no time I'm not here to waste anyones time by no means but thank you for the suggestions, But wouldn't it be useless to upgrade the intercooler n piping if I'm still running a stock turbo because I don't plan on going with a bigger turbo any time soon being it's a brand new car.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:09 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to wwralliart77

No sir it wouldn't be. I understand it's a new car and it's fast as is, but most people buy these cars with the intention to make them go fast. Most will gain 50 to 60 awhp from just swapping out the intercooler and piping. A full exhaust helps as well. Think about it you can pick up a OEM evo x ic and piping off some guy that upgraded for fairly cheap. That along with a tune and your pushing out more power then a stock or even lightly modded evo x. And what's nice is your RA cost $10,000 less! Most will average 260 to 270 awhp with their RAs with fairly light mods. A stock RA averages 210 awhp. A stock evo x averages 240-260 awhp. Doesn't seem like a waste now does it?!
Old 02-17-2011, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwralliart77 View Post
No sir it wouldn't be. I understand it's a new car and it's fast as is, but most people buy these cars with the intention to make them go fast. Most will gain 50 to 60 awhp from just swapping out the intercooler and piping. A full exhaust helps as well. Think about it you can pick up a OEM evo x ic and piping off some guy that upgraded for fairly cheap. That along with a tune and your pushing out more power then a stock or even lightly modded evo x. And what's nice is your RA cost $10,000 less! Most will average 260 to 270 awhp with their RAs with fairly light mods. A stock RA averages 210 awhp. A stock evo x averages 240-260 awhp. Doesn't seem like a waste now does it?!
Lol damn, well you got me there. now by changing the ic, the piping along with exhaust would I have to reflash my ecu to get the proper air to fuel mix ratio, and timing and what not? because that's what bothers me the most i have no experience with that nor know anyone who can help, I can't even find a tuner shop that specializes with Mitsubishi's around here. Pretty much if I do this I want to do it right.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:31 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to wwralliart77

Yes you would require a flash/tune if you added some simple bolt ons. I'm not sure to as if there are any shops near you that have the knowledge to flash your ecu, but there are other options such as mailing your ecu to a well respected company or downloading maps or the Cobb AP. If willing to mail your ecu you should check out AMS's e-flash as well as Work's brainflash. You can also download AMS's e-flash. The Cobb AP is kinda diy, you input the info and it guides you through it. Consider your options. Talk to Mike at RRE or Bryan at GST, they are the mitsu gurus! They are located in California, but I'm sure they can answer some of the questions you may have and can guide you when and if you decide to mod.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwralliart77 View Post
Yes you would require a flash/tune if you added some simple bolt ons. I'm not sure to as if there are any shops near you that have the knowledge to flash your ecu, but there are other options such as mailing your ecu to a well respected company or downloading maps or the Cobb AP. If willing to mail your ecu you should check out AMS's e-flash as well as Work's brainflash. You can also download AMS's e-flash. The Cobb AP is kinda diy, you input the info and it guides you through it. Consider your options. Talk to Mike at RRE or Bryan at GST, they are the mitsu gurus! They are located in California, but I'm sure they can answer some of the questions you may have and can guide you when and if you decide to mod.
Well thank you for the help n your time I'm not afraid to say I'm deffinitly a nueb to all this I can use any advice I can get.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:50 PM

Or if u want to drive to PA...CBRD is very reputable too...

Just remember...everyone on this forum is very helpful...don't worry about "wasting our time"...because we all want to chip in our knownldge so every RA owner can benefit...just keep us posted on ur progress...look for my progress real soon!

Last edited by RalliNurse; 02-17-2011 at 10:55 PM.

Tags
bov, turbosmart