ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > Miscellaneous > Off-topic

Old 08-18-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFSLancerRA View Post
The TRUE NISMO 350Z had a few things that you will never see again on a car within grenade range of its price tag. It is for that reason that I would have one.

I agree with the above poster, though. I like the FR-S as well. We have one locally that is currently supercharged but is going to be turbocharged (this week, I think). After that happens, I will make my final decision. The motor is unusually strong with that one. There are still a few things to work out, but the F-series motor seems to be getting some love.
True, so is s2000 in the same range for the price tag. I love a good ol honda.

If they had FR-S AWD option that would be amazing. That car would have more potential and be fun to drive.

I cant believe BRZ is not AWD.

AWD option would cost more, so what make it more fun.
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 08-19-2013, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iralli_iskustvo View Post
True, so is s2000 in the same range for the price tag. I love a good ol honda.

If they had FR-S AWD option that would be amazing. That car would have more potential and be fun to drive.

I cant believe BRZ is not AWD.

AWD option would cost more, so what make it more fun.
It not only would cost more, but it would unfortunately negatively affect the balance of that car. If you have seen one, the only way they could get an AWD version is to raise the engine and throw off the balance of the entire car. That isn't the purpose behind them. People thinking they can get one of those cars and make them "mad fast" should REALLY look in to something else. I have a friend that owns a local shop, and he just put 4k worth of supercharger on their shop car to get a neck cranking 218 RWHP :-/. Those cars are purpose built handling machines, and they do that job well. Toyota and Subie didn't want to sacrifice balance and the low center of gravity for power. I would LOVE to have one too, but I will never own a NA car to be my "mod car".
Old 08-19-2013, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
People thinking they can get one of those cars and make them "mad fast" should REALLY look in to something else. I have a friend that owns a local shop, and he just put 4k worth of supercharger on their shop car to get a neck cranking 218 RWHP :-/.
Really, because the one locally made 360 WHP with the supercharger, and he wasn't happy with that. The motor can take some serious abuse, or so it seems. The block appears to have been designed to exist in three configurations: N/A, EFI boosted, and DI boosted. Two of those configurations are already on the market (boosted gas, and N/A). It appears that the next iteration of the GT86 will be an AWD diesel with the 16:1 compression of other Subaru diesels. The FB20 motor exists in Japan and elsewhere in Impreza models, which is a motor built for boost. AFAIK, the FA20 and FB20 share the same block, which means that only the internals are different. I would be willing to bet that the FA20 has the same limitations as the 4B11T, which means that a build would have to take place at the same point on both cars. The existence of the FB20 is a game changer, from the electronics side of things. Therefore, I would argue that the GT86 platform is actually ideal for those who are going for the same power as an Evolution but want the fun of a RWD platform. I don't think that that car is as tricky to boost as was once thought.

That being said, I am not sure that I ever want to deal with the hassle of making tremendously more power than came stock on my next vehicle. It is for that reason that the CTS-V would be a good choice for me.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

I'd pick up your mom and ride her instead. Does that count?

Old 08-19-2013, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Really, because the one locally made 360 WHP with the supercharger, and he wasn't happy with that. The motor can take some serious abuse, or so it seems. The block appears to have been designed to exist in three configurations: N/A, EFI boosted, and DI boosted. Two of those configurations are already on the market (boosted gas, and N/A). It appears that the next iteration of the GT86 will be an AWD diesel with the 16:1 compression of other Subaru diesels. The FB20 motor exists in Japan and elsewhere in Impreza models, which is a motor built for boost. AFAIK, the FA20 and FB20 share the same block, which means that only the internals are different. I would be willing to bet that the FA20 has the same limitations as the 4B11T, which means that a build would have to take place at the same point on both cars. The existence of the FB20 is a game changer, from the electronics side of things. Therefore, I would argue that the GT86 platform is actually ideal for those who are going for the same power as an Evolution but want the fun of a RWD platform. I don't think that that car is as tricky to boost as was once thought.

That being said, I am not sure that I ever want to deal with the hassle of making tremendously more power than came stock on my next vehicle. It is for that reason that the CTS-V would be a good choice for me.
Maybe I didn't convey my main point. Those engines are pretty capable, all things considered. I was saying that a simple, lightweight power adder cost 4K, and netted, with other bolt ons, 218 RWHP. I agree that the engine can most likely handle a good deal more, but at the cost of throwing the balance of the car completely off. That car was designed for handling, not straight lines. You could , with enough money, make those things deadly fast in the 1/4. But you would have inherently added huge costs, and weight in the front end, defeating the entire purpose of that car. It just reminds me of the people who put LS1s in the the miatas, neutering the true beauty of the car.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoZero View Post
I'd pick up your mom and ride her instead. Does that count?

Dude, you could have said DRIVE her. Maybe it's just me, but when I think of a dude RIDING a chick..........
Old 08-19-2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:

Interesting. Are you getting CTS-V possibly?
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 08-19-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Maybe I didn't convey my main point. Those engines are pretty capable, all things considered. I was saying that a simple, lightweight power adder cost 4K, and netted, with other bolt ons, 218 RWHP. I agree that the engine can most likely handle a good deal more, but at the cost of throwing the balance of the car completely off. That car was designed for handling, not straight lines. You could , with enough money, make those things deadly fast in the 1/4. But you would have inherently added huge costs, and weight in the front end, defeating the entire purpose of that car. It just reminds me of the people who put LS1s in the the miatas, neutering the true beauty of the car.
Valid points. I misunderstood what you were getting at.

$4k may not be necessary given time. I hate that the Impreza manifolds don't quite work, but such is life.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iralli_iskustvo View Post
Interesting. Are you getting CTS-V possibly?
I have been looking for one for a few months just out of curiosity. I have yet to find one that I would be happy with, as I have a few very specific requirements. I have also been kicking around the idea of getting a CL600 Benz. A friend of mine in NC is a world expert on those (he has 3 of them). If I still lived up there, it would be top of the list. People think that I am crazy, but I promise that one test drive in a built CL600 will blow your mind. I guess it is one of those "you have to see it to believe it" kind of things.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:52 PM

Cla amg awd