ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 09-03-2011, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator

Default Not guilty

Back on 03/03/2011
I was going out with a few friends to resturant in Milpitas Northwood Plaza.
We were coming off the freeway, & I didnt stay behind the EVO my friend was driving because of ROCK CHIPS.
So I was on the 1st lane. We got to a stop light on Montegue Express & Montegue Court, my friend started reving his engine.
I tried to motion no but he didnt see or hear me, light turned green like an idiot he launched his evo.
I watched him take off, & he was over 5-6 cars length before I even entered the intersection,
at the time I was tired so I wasnt even speeding, I was still in the 1st lane which merge into 2nd lane as I went towards the 680 over-pass.
That is when I noticed a car behind coming very fast so I moved over to which then was the 1st lane to 2nd lane (was 3rd lane)

SGT. Maharaj flew past me got behind my friend & pulled him over.
I followed them into the parking lot.
Before I got a chance to even get out of my car, another Officer Lopez parked his police car in front of my driver side door.
Asked for license, registeration, insurance, & before I can get to my glove compartment, I was told to step out of the car & I was under arrest.
I asked what for, His reply was if it was up to me "I wouldnt even given you a ticket or arrested you" "it is not up to me" "It is up to the arresting officer"
Im at that time handcuffed in the back of officer lopez police car.

SGT. Maharaj after talk to my friend came back to me

SGT. Maharaj: "WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU CAN RACE ON MY STREETS?!?!?!"
Me: "With all due respect Sir, I wasnt racing"
SGT. Maharaj: "You were racing! You trying to tell me you're not racing??!?!"
Me: "No sir I wasnt racing!"
SGT. Maharaj: "YOu were racing! YOur friend told me you guys were racing!"
Me: "No sir I wasnt racing!"
SGT. Maharaj: "Thats not what your friend told me, He told me you guys were racing!"
Me: "I wasnt racing, we are just going to a resturant in this parking to have dinner, Sir"
SGT. Maharaj: "You want to play that game?!?! Fine, you're going to jail!"
He slams the door almost got my leg. But I quickly moved my legg out of the way.

My car was impounded & I was taken to Jail.
So in the holding tank, SGT. Maharaj insisted I was racing.
He asked me numerous times going back & forth the holding tank I was in & my so called friend holding tank.
SGT. Maharaj: "So What was you guys doing? Where were going?"
ME: "I was coming from Fremont, going to a resturant in Milpitas Pho Mai"
SGT. Maharaj: "Why were you guys racing?"
ME: "I wasnt racing sir."
SGT. Maharaj: "So your friend is telling me that you guys were racing."
ME: "I dont know why my friend would tell you I was racing, I wasnt racing, sir. I was just trying to get something to eat since I havent ate all day"
SGT. Maharaj: "So your FRIEND said he was racing, so you mean to tell me that he is lying? WHen he told me you guys were racing?"
ME: "I was not racing!"
SGT. Maharaj: "Ok, hang tight."

waited over 30min, Im tired, hungry, my car was impounded...
When SGT. Maharaj return, I pleaded with him to release my car, since it was parked properly in a private property (Pho Mai Resturant parking lot)

SGT. Maharaj: "Ok so you were speeding then?"
ME: "I wasnt even speeding sir"
SGT. Maharaj: "Just tell me you were speeding."
ME: "I have financial problems sir, I cant afford to speed or impound fee"
SGT. Maharaj: "You know you was speeding."
ME: "I may or might have been speeding, i dont know..."
SGT. Maharaj: "So you WERE speeding."
ME: confused "I might have, i dont know."
SGT. Maharaj: "Nothing personal, if i let you go it would be fair for your friend."
ME: "You can take me but please release my car out of the impound, I can have someone pick it up."
SGT. Maharaj: "You seem like a good person, but sorry nothing personal."

I stay overnight at the 5star hotel, stinks, homeless people by the dozen, DUI, & other drug addicts.
Couldnt sleep, had to work the next day, didnt have my car was on 30days impound hold.

my friend with the evo had his friend in the passenger came to pick us up when we got released the next morning.
Had to go immediately to work, I was late.

I asked my friend if he had told the SGT. we were racing? he told me no & that SGT was lying.

------------------------------------------------

The Jury Trial

During Jury selection, they had went thru questionaires to decide who to dismiss as a jury by DA & my Lawyer.
Out of 50 people 13 people were selected.

One person out of the jury selection He told the court that I was guilty & I look guilty & that he couldnt be fair.
Why would the cop arrested him if he wasnt guilty. At the time I felt hopeless... this world is a crazy place to live in...
They might as well forget about the justice system because it is no longer about justice.

All evidences were summited witnesses were called SGT. Maharaj was there.
I was in the court room still when DA/Lawyer/Judge was in the back room.
SGT. Maharaj was conversing with the Deputy Howard.
About how he does whatever he wants in his dept. how he has alot of freedom.
He can just book people. Get head counts to go up (means more money)
Opposed to San francisco, where they had to clear the booking with higher up.
How the captains are just puppets.

I looked at both of them thinking how crooked the system is now.
SGT Maharaj bragged about alot of inappropreiate thing about the system.
How he like being a SGT. He can just book ANYBODY, FOR ANY REASON.
WOW. Im sitting there in the court room, they're just openly talking about it like I wasnt there.

So to save time,....& me typing a novel.

DA tried to offer a speeding infraction.
I denied it. The truth shall set me free.

My lawyer had the SGT tripping over his own testimony because he was lying.
, my lawyer kicked ass.

After two days of trial.
Jury found me NOT GUILTY
after the Jury Panel left,
I had to stay back for Court Trial
DA & Judge decided a court trial after Jury Trial
& was found guilty of infraction Speeding. +879$
My lawyer wasnt prepared for it.
I knew my luck was shitty.

Im out over 4,000$ for impound & fees
+879$ for fighting the case & court/DA still found a way to rob me.

The whole time I was wondering how much of a waste of tax payers money.

Having friends that get you into trouble & turn DA's witness
made me feel like I was on the burner while the actual guilty party struck a deal with the DA was testifying against me.
I guess Im a better friend to others than they're to me. (A friend like that you dont need an enemy)
I forgive but I dont forget.

Last edited by MTZL; 09-03-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:11 AM

wow...

I would be mad at my "friend" the most over all of this. but then again, I'm a pretty heartless person.

interested about how the lawyer made the SGT sound stupid and proving you innocent though

I feel for your loss though. can't stand anything that our tax dollars go towards - it all seems to go to waste: terrible schools, terrible budgeting for schools, cops, courts, ticket system, etc etc
Old 09-03-2011, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

DA used everything I did against me, Team REV, Auto X, Sac Drag Race.
I didnt denied anything, I told the court the truth.
That I have also done charities, & car shows.

SGT. Maharaj claims we're were racing from S. Milpitas Blvd/Montegue Expressway to Northwood Plaza. Took 10-15 sec from initial stop to pulling over. He was two car length behind us, pacing.

S. Milpitas Blvd to Northwood Plaza is around .7 miles (thats over 1/2 a mile)
Im not good at math but to go over 1/2 mile under 10-15 sec I would have to alot more power to my car.

SGT. Maharaj was doing 60 mph when he flew pass me in the post 45mph speed limit. to catch up to the evo.

Last edited by MTZL; 09-03-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

This whole event taught me alot about the court system 1st hand.
Even innocent people could be found guilty. Based on how they destroy your character. They use your words against you. They have their tactics, like getting their people into the jury box.

Speeding unknown speed.

200$ + 679$ court fees.

I was facing 60-90 jail time, license suspension, community service, extra court fines,

Last edited by MTZL; 09-03-2011 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Do me a favor, if you rev to 3k rpm in every gear & get to 4th gear how fast are you going? (around 40mph right?) how am I guilty of even speeding?

All of this has got me, mentally fucked. I always find myself in the slow lane doing 5 mph below speed limit.
Every time I see a cop I get nervous even if I didnt do anything wrong. Knowing they can do whatever they want & the whole system is designed to generate money.
They all have to answer to the higher up even the Judges. Im paying to the department of revenue for all the fines. wtf?
Not traffic department.

Last edited by MTZL; 09-03-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTZL View Post
Do me a favor, if you rev to 3k rpm in every gear & get to 4th gear how fast are you going? (around 40mph right?) how am I guilty of even speeding?

All of this has got me, mentally fucked. I always find myself in the slow lane doing 5 mph below speed limit.
Every time I see a cop I get nervous even if I didnt do anything wrong. Knowing they can do whatever they want & the whole system is designed to generate money.
They all have to answer to the higher up even the Judges. Im paying to the department of revenue for all the fines. wtf?
Not traffic department.
totally agree, which is part of the reason I don't see a point in radar detectors. you can still get pulled over for nothing, and still get written up for something you didn't do, and no matter how much trouble you go to prove that you didn't, you still lose
Old 09-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

I still dont know what to feel. I won & lost.
The whole time SGT was looking at the pic of my car, memorizing it.

They dont look so happy that I was found Not Guilty so they had to get second Court Trial for speeding. Still took me for extra 879$ & 1pt on my record. I won but still lost because that was the DA offer from the get go.
Speeding infraction with 1pt. I wasnt guilty so I fought it.
DA added aiding & abiding to the list of charge later took off.

SGT. Maharaj also testified you could be racing below the speed limit too.

In the end, Im glad this is over.. Im going on a long break.
I will equip cameras in my car to record as added insurance.
I forgot to mention & a pic of my MMCS trip meter that show last 4hr driving speed. but Im sure DA would've objected & Judge would've went his way. DA was objecting to my lawyer evidences. If I didnt have my lawyer they would've chewed me up & spit me out.

I would have to do jail time, lose my license. more fines & fees.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Lesson learned...

Don't live in California!

JK, but seriously sorry to hear all of that dude. Hope all of this gets out of the way and back to normal soon. That's the one thing about having a "sports car" or a modified vehicle, you attract a LOT more attention from law enforcement.

On another note... I have friends in Cali and even though I come from a law enforcement and military history, and I respect both, I have come to understand that since the state is in a severe deficit, the cops in that state are trained to pull anyone over for almost anything and ticket them. They think this will help solve the deficit problem but it won't, not only are you hurting the citizens of that state but you're really hurting the deficit even more. This is why I've only been to Cali once and I will never go back.

Move to the east coast bro, especially in a state like Virginia or one of the Carolinas, the laws are much less strict and you won't become nearly as big of a target for law enforcement as opposed to California, or Maryland for that matter.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:13 PM

You can't get out of a ticket that you didn't even commit, but Casey Anthony can get away with killing her own kid.
God Bless America.

2012 Evo X GSR-
Custom CBE / Custom Test Pipe / AEM Intake / Depo Racing UICP / GM 3-Port / ASNU 1100cc injectors / DW 300lph+ fuel pump / EvoD Surge Tank w/ Bosch 044 fuel pump / Fermented Corn Dextrose / Hotchkis rear sway bar and end links / Self Tuned
Old 09-03-2011, 06:32 PM

Damn mike...sry to hear about ur shitty luck w/the popos...I guess its just another day here in shitty cali...keep yo head up though...ull be aiight...

Phase 1
[X] Cosworth Drop-In
[X] UR Full Catback Exhaust
[X] UR Upper ICP
[X] UR Lower ICP
[X] Evo X FMIC
[X] Evo X BOV

Phase 2 - Breaks