ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 11-06-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
People don't realize how much material and machining goes in to that bezel. This is much smaller, and correspondingly, cheaper.
Very true an, im sure people understand that you must pay for quality.
Injen SRI, UR UICP & LICP, UR 4.5 IC, COBB AP custome stg 2 tune, 3in TBE, Whiteline front strut bar, RRM rear strut bar, tint, roof spoiler, 2.5 turbo compressor outlet pipe, AMS BOV, AMS Boost Pill, TWE Catch Can, Megan Racing Coil Overs

Future Engine and Tranny Mods:
Water Meth Kit
SSP Oil Cooler
Fan for Stock Trans Cooler w/ washable filter

Future Suspension Mods:
Sway Bars
Rear Diff Bushing Kit
Cusco 4 or 5 pt Brace
Front Cross Member
Old 11-07-2012, 07:44 AM

subscribed
Old 11-08-2012, 10:09 PM

Woot Woot! Luv it.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:01 AM

Teaser. I have a few tweaks to make, but so far, so good...
Old 09-05-2013, 03:15 AM

I like the idea, but this photo makes the duct look like its facing upwards and not really having much of airflow. Maybe its the angle of the photo and because its all black making it look like that. Can we get a front view?

-GST basemap
-AMS boostpill
-Works Highflow Drop in air filter
-EVO X BPV
-UR UICP
Old 09-05-2013, 06:52 AM

Ok I gotta ask for those of us who live in the northern areas, what happens with this in the snow? Will this allow snow to accumulate inside then get sucked into the filter? It looks great tho! And I think it's a great idea! Also as for the snorkel extension it appears you could use kydex and build your own part to connect the two. Just my 2 cents!
Old 09-05-2013, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tencents View Post
I like the idea, but this photo makes the duct look like its facing upwards and not really having much of airflow. Maybe its the angle of the photo and because its all black making it look like that. Can we get a front view?
The reason is obvious since the surface of where the duct is mounted is on a sloped back angle it may appear to your self as you have explained.

The entire duct is black on black so it is harder to see that it actually flows straight through horizontally to line up with the stock snorkel. Because this was an almost straight on shot and hard to see into the duct opening it does give that illusion. Had we had more of a side view with a light shining into the duct you would of been able to see it better.

Awesome job again Drew! How soon and where should I send my money.
I want this on my car like yesterday.

Last edited by Jackal; 09-06-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:54 AM

Drew, I see you have Virginia plates. I'll be out there in November for the next couple/few years. Look forward to meeting you sometime.

As for this snorkel thingy mcbobber chingadera....how much cutting and shaving are we talking about on the bumper? Is this going to come with some sort of template?
Evo X FMIC | MAP UICP | Evo X LICP | Evo X BPV | AEM Intake | AMS Boost Pill | GST Basemap Tuned by Razorlabs | RRM GRIP Springs | Oil Catch Tank | Agency Power Downpipe | Avid1 18x9 +35 Wheels | Project Kics R28 Lugs | AMS 3" Resonated Test Pipe | Ultimate Racing 3" Dual-Tip Catback | Zeitronix ZT-2 + ZR-2 Wideband/Boost gauge | Tomei Oil Cap | CF Engine Cover | CF Hood Struts | HKS Radiator Cap | Coming Soon: Evo X turbo upgrade
Old 09-05-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tencents View Post
Look at the renderings in the first post. Jackal is correct in that it is definitely just the angle. The photo was just a quick iphone snap. I am tweaking the duct behind it now. Once that is done, I will take a lot more pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cetme View Post
Ok I gotta ask for those of us who live in the northern areas, what happens with this in the snow? Will this allow snow to accumulate inside then get sucked into the filter? It looks great tho! And I think it's a great idea! Also as for the snorkel extension it appears you could use kydex and build your own part to connect the two. Just my 2 cents!
In short, as long as you don't cram it full of snow, you should be fine. But if you are driving, and snow flakes fly in there, it won't hurt anything any more than rain drops. No danger at all of ingesting too much moisture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deprydation View Post
Drew, I see you have Virginia plates. I'll be out there in November for the next couple/few years. Look forward to meeting you sometime.
As for this snorkel thingy mcbobber chingadera....how much cutting and shaving are we talking about on the bumper? Is this going to come with some sort of template?
What part of VA? Will definitely supply a template, and cutting is super easy. You will have to pull the bumper to install it, but it took me all of 45 minutes for the prototype, minus the tweaking of the design that won't be there when this is finalized. All you will need to install will be a screwdriver, and a sharp exacto. Maybe some tin snips.

And Jack, once I get the duct redone, we can talk deliveries.

Thanks all for the interest
Old 09-05-2013, 03:20 PM

Might be rather nice to have the only one in the UK !

When ready then please let me know.

Cheers
Brian.