ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 03-19-2012, 06:14 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRA View Post
Just an FYI since I noticed a lot of people having trouble with their bumpers not being flush after removal. I just installed the evo x intercooler as well as the upper and lower pipes and I did not have to remove the bumper at all. All I did was remove the lower plastic tray (skidplate) from under the car that is connected to the bumper and it slid right out and the evo one went right in. I was able to get at the 2 screws from underneath as well as the licp hose clamps. I just unscrewed the lower grill and used a screwdriver and the rubber hangers popped right off.
While I'm sure it's very possible, the LICP was a complete pain in the ass even with the bumper off, I can only imagine the level of difficulty with it on. Either way, glad you were able to get it done, enjoy the increased cooling capacity.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:32 PM
Regional Moderator

i actually had to use a jack and foot power to make the evo X LICP fit. its seemed a bit large or slightly off in placement, but if youve ever done this sort of thing before? parts dont always just pop right in even when designed to... it was easily dealt with... less stress on the turbo now too!! hoping for slightly better mileage?
Old 03-21-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markspd6 View Post
hoping for slightly better mileage?
Good luck with that!
Evo X BOV
RRE Modified Magnaflow Catback
Old 03-21-2012, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markspd6 View Post
i actually had to use a jack and foot power to make the evo X LICP fit. its seemed a bit large or slightly off in placement, but if youve ever done this sort of thing before? parts dont always just pop right in even when designed to... it was easily dealt with... less stress on the turbo now too!! hoping for slightly better mileage?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubjecttoChange View Post
Good luck with that!
I was able to fanagle it out and the new one in with just the bumper off. It's probably the biggest PITA in doing an intercooler setup on this car. Luckily, the OEM EvoX LICP is good for about 350-400whp from what I read, and this car will not come close to that. It's there to stay, lol.

And +1, you won't see any big improvements, if at all, with using a bigger IC and getting better gas mileage.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeW-RRE View Post
Even with the airflow blocked the larger I/C helps. As a heat sink alone if can help deal with the high heat of the tiny turbo getting wrung out. air will still flow through it some what at speed.

Best obviously is to cut the bumper for some EVO X style holes.

Mike W
You guys should sell a kit with
A template for those of us who want to cut our bumper like yours man
Old 10-20-2013, 10:36 AM

Default BOV return pipe

Sorry to bring up an old thread.

Not sure if I was supposed to get the BOV return pipe from the Evo X for the Evo X LICP. This is what mine looks like. It doesn't really match my RA hose/pipe where it connects to the BOV return pipe. Just curios if yours looks different or what did you do to make it work
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20131018_161930[1].jpg (183.7 KB, 24 views)
Old 10-20-2013, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefyralliart View Post

Not sure if I was supposed to get the BOV return pipe from the Evo X for the Evo X LICP. This is what mine looks like. It doesn't really match my RA hose/pipe where it connects to the BOV return pipe. Just curios if yours looks different or what did you do to make it work
Looks the same. The teturn pipe came with the x licp when I bought mine.
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 10-20-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefyralliart View Post

Go to autozone and buy Dayco hose 71967. Does EXACTLY what you need it to do, and it is cheap....

Last edited by Drew; 07-09-2014 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:41 PM
Regional Moderator

I always include that hose when you buy an intercooler kit from me, its one of the main advantages i provide.. but yeah youll need a new radiator hose to link the licp to the bov... The ra one, can be cut up to fit, its just a bit awkward, and reduces your ability to resell your kit to a reg lancer guy..
Old 10-20-2013, 12:55 PM

Thanks everyone! I bought it from someone at evox that was parting out his car. Didn't know I needed that part also. I wish it this was included in the info for swapping to the X LICP.