ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 08-03-2009, 08:04 PM

Default Tuner Mags

I used to have a subscription to modified mag, and didn't renew because I thought my dreams of owning a turbo car would never happen. But it did, so now I'd like to get another one just wondering what you guys think is the best magazine out right now. Modified Mag, Super Street, Import Tuner???
Old 08-04-2009, 02:22 AM
Administrator

D-Sport, hands down!
Old 08-04-2009, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGuy View Post
D-Sport, hands down!
I picked up my first issue of D-Sport this month because they were doing a car comparisons for the current year models and the Ralliart was featured in the AWD comparison. As a new Ralliart owner I decided to check it out. First off, they listed the cargo capacity as the same as the Evo X, which is wrong. The Evo has 6.9 cubic feet while we have 10 cubic feet.

Then, it seems like the Ralliart tester they used was broken, dynoing incredibly low for tq (I don't have the magazine on hand, but I think it dyno'd around 150 ft./lbs.). Couldn't they have found another test car?

I subsribe to Modified, but that is only because that's what they replaced my Sport Compact Car subscription with after that magazine died. I also check out Import Tuner and Super Street on occasion.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Administrator

All of the magazines are loaned test vehicles from the manufacturers so the Ralliart they tested was on loan to them from Mitsubishi. Either they broke the car or they got it that way which is unlikely since the cars are NEVER handed out broken. The fleet service department would have cancelled the loan first before they'd give out a broken vehicle.

Maybe the car they tested had the subwoofer in the trunk...who knows.

I got the same offer after Sport Compact died and I called and asked for a refund. The only "tuner" magazine worth anything is D-Sport. More real tech than any of the others...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondaspr View Post
I picked up my first issue of D-Sport this month because they were doing a car comparisons for the current year models and the Ralliart was featured in the AWD comparison. As a new Ralliart owner I decided to check it out. First off, they listed the cargo capacity as the same as the Evo X, which is wrong. The Evo has 6.9 cubic feet while we have 10 cubic feet.

Then, it seems like the Ralliart tester they used was broken, dynoing incredibly low for tq (I don't have the magazine on hand, but I think it dyno'd around 150 ft./lbs.). Couldn't they have found another test car?

I subsribe to Modified, but that is only because that's what they replaced my Sport Compact Car subscription with after that magazine died. I also check out Import Tuner and Super Street on occasion.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:33 AM

Well, I had a sub to SCC. Then the asshats that bought the mag canceled it and killed the only magazine of worth on the market. I asked for a refund and cancellation of MM. I have yet to receive any refund. grrr...

Save your money and go to this website as the new best place for tech info. Its where Dave Coleman & Mike Kojima from SCC went after SCC got hosed.

http://www.motoiq.com/

Not much for the RA yet - I wonder if they are looking for a project vehicle?
Old 08-04-2009, 11:45 AM

I totally forgot about Dsport. I've only seen it a few times at the stores I normally go to. Mostly all i see is modified and import tuner. Getting my subscription now!!
Old 11-30-2009, 01:28 AM

Default Hi Justin!

I had referred D-sport when i was thinking of buying one. It got all tech info and will be helpful. Please try once.